Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #1

2016 Fleetwood Bounder

Our air conditioner went out while traveling.
Can someone tell us which fuse in the under dash fuse panel is for the air conditioner?
bdeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeeks View Post

Can someone tell us which fuse in the under dash fuse panel is for the air conditioner?

To clarify, is it the Dash Air that stopped working ?
Old 04-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #3

Yes it's the dash air conditioning.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:08 PM   #4

The "truck's" manual should have several pages showing all the fuses and their location. And you might be able to find it in a *.pdf file using google. Hope this helps.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:36 PM   #5

Ajayabb,

I see you have a new 2016 Bounder 35K. I'm in the market for the same unit and am wondering if you would share the pros and cons you have experienced so far. Would you recommend this coach? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Any idea how the 2016 new Bounders are selling, having seen too many on the road.
NCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTom View Post
Ajayabb,

I see you have a new 2016 Bounder 35K. I'm in the market for the same unit and am wondering if you would share the pros and cons you have experienced so far. Would you recommend this coach? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Any idea how the 2016 new Bounders are selling, having seen too many on the road.

Hey Tom
We are on our way back from a maiden voyage to Georgia from NJ. For Pros we love the floor plan. We got the Hide a Loft for extra sleeping room. I also like having the master bathroom. The finishes are higher end then comparable Winnebago i.e. VISTA or Forest River Georgetown. Cons so far. I found a roof leak during this trip while it poured torrentially. It was coming thru one of the clearance lights The handling on the highway was poor until I did the Cheap Handling Fix which really helped I have 2300 miles so far I would buy it again if given the choice. I had a hard time finding the 35k with the Hideloft in the colors we wanted. Found one in Michigan so the wife and I flew out and drove it home to NJ. MSRP was 161k with adding washer. Paid 122k. Probably can get even a better deal now that the 2017s are out
Old 04-04-2016, 08:44 AM   #7

Ajayabb,

Thanks for info. I may have passed you and didn't know it. I'm headed south on I-95 to Fla from SC.

There are some pretty good deals out there right now. Before I wrote you I had read on a couple of blogs that many of the 2016 Bounders, all models, had water leaks, mainly roof. Now I add you to the list. I wonder why this is a common problem?

thanks again and travel safe.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeeks View Post
Bdeeks, Not sure if you got an answer or not. I just had this situation this weekend with my bounder. The green light would not even lite up on my dash, the recycle air button and all other controls where fine. The under dash fuse panel in the coach does not have any A/C fuses, the distribution box in the front engine compartment is where the A/C fuses are for the engine A/C. It is left of the sir breather and up a little, large black box says distribution box on the front cover. The A/C fuses are 1 and 3 for the mini fuses then the large relay RI is the A/C. My problem was not a fuse but the actual push button switch on the dash connects to a pig tail under the dash very close to the switch, it was disconnected. Plug in and A/C worked just fine. Can you tell if your condenser is even coming on when you select the A/c and does the green light lite up? Your ford manual shows all the fuse locations for the distribution box, they are not marked in the box or cover.

Hope this helps and you get it working
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #9

Bounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTom View Post
Ajayabb,

We love our Bounder. Ours has a full bath in the rear and 1/2 bath near the living area. Lots of storage and comfortable. Our labs love it also! Good luck!
Old 04-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #10

bdeeks, Where did you purchase your Bounder?
Old 04-04-2016, 07:00 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You mean compressor not condenser.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:16 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
You mean compressor not condenser.
Yes, Thank you MoJo
Old 04-05-2016, 06:17 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Guess OP got it fixed tho haven't heard anything further
Old 04-05-2016, 08:33 AM   #14

NC Tom
There are 2 versions of the 16 Bounder, The 30th Anniversary and the non 30th Anniversary. Also there are 2 possible chassis under a 16 the 5 speed 15 chassis and the 6 speed 16 chassis. There is a very dramatic difference in interior noise levels between the 2. The 6 speed being the quieter. I have started thread documenting my experience with my 16 35K. Here is a link to it. I have not seen any 30th Anniversary Editions with the 15 chassis but they may be out there.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, bounder