Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #1

2017 35K gas/electric heater

I turned on the heater in the 35K and the "electric heat" came on for both zone 1 and 2. Shortly thereafter, Zone 1 went to gas and the vent under the kitchen sink and the floor vent in the mid-bath were blowing warm air. The slides are in and Zone 2 still shows "electric heat", is blowing "cool" air and the rear bath floor vent does not have any air coming out of it. The temp is 31 and it's SNOWING in Central Texas. Unreal.
We got the coach the end of January 2017 and it was in and out of the dealer and then Alvarado. We ran the fireplace when in Pagosa and Albuquerque in the mornings in October but really didn't run the heater.
With the rear slide in I assume the floor vent in the bedroom was not blowing air either, but will check it tomorrow.
Am I doing something wrong?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #2

Your electric heat pumps will not work below 40 degrees or so. You should be running gas heat throughout the coach.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasOil View Post
Your electric heat pumps will not work below 40 degrees or so. You should be running gas heat throughout the coach.
The display only shows "gas heat" in Zone 1. Zone 2 shows "electric heat" and "off" when in heat mode.
At Alvarado we had a leak fixed from wind blown rain that came in thru a seal in the outside furnace vent. Tonight with the zone 1 "gas" on, it seemed like a LOT of really hot air was being discharged from this vent.
I'm wondering if they did not hook up the duct for the Zone 2?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:07 PM   #4

I have the same problem...
Check the y connection... located by removing access panel under the bed.
Mine is crushed... need to get it fixed.
Let me know if youíre having the same problem...
Old 12-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoretski View Post
I have the same problem...
Check the y connection... located by removing access panel under the bed.
Mine is crushed... need to get it fixed.
Let me know if youíre having the same problem...
I'll check it in the morning and let you know. Thanks for the response.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #6

Put the slide out, turned on the "gas heat" and have warm air coming out of the vents at the entry door, bay vent, kitchen vent, and mid bath vent. The rear bedroom and rear bath vents are "dead". Pulled the cover off of the bedroom vent and found it was connected properly. Lifted the bed up and found that the hose runs under the bottom of the bed storage area. Did not see an access panel but my flashlite quit ,of course it did. Fixin' to go to round 2.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:19 PM   #7

What your also going to find is the mid lavatory is going to turn into a sauna. One fifth of the furnace output goes diredtly there and it gets toasty very quickly. The folks at the service center installed an adjustable louver in there so I could control the heat output. Open up the drawers next to the kitchen sink and you'll see the furnace sitting there. Make sure all the flex tube connections are actually connected to the furnace. I found with my Bounder that the relatively better insulation in the bedroom area pretty well balance out the furnace heat distribution. The bedroom and rear bath furnace louvers don't flow a lot at the best of times but it always seemed to be enough to keep the bed and bath comfortable on the furnace.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
What your also going to find is the mid lavatory is going to turn into a sauna. One fifth of the furnace output goes diredtly there and it gets toasty very quickly. The folks at the service center installed an adjustable louver in there so I could control the heat output. Open up the drawers next to the kitchen sink and you'll see the furnace sitting there. Make sure all the flex tube connections are actually connected to the furnace. I found with my Bounder that the relatively better insulation in the bedroom area pretty well balance out the furnace heat distribution. The bedroom and rear bath furnace louvers don't flow a lot at the best of times but it always seemed to be enough to keep the bed and bath comfortable on the furnace.
Thanks Z. After pulling off all of the panels that I could and not see anything amiss coming out of the furnace and making sure the vent was actually attached to the flex tube in the bedroom and rear bath, I called Alvarado. To say she was familiar with the problem is an understatement. I have an appointment to take it in the end of the month and she said more than likely it's pinched between the bedroom and bath. Her guess is we can probably wait on it.
I will check with her on the louvered vent. Thanks for the tip. We did notice it was rather toasty in the mid bath while running the gas heat to look for problems.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #9

Mine is ď pinched ď at the y fitting under the master bed.... itís actually crushed by the plumbing pipes they tried to squeeze into the small, limited area!!!
Let me know what their solution is.
Iím very curious!!!!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:47 PM   #10

While your at it see if you can get them to put a adjustable louver under the bed. The bedroom/rear bath heat is one flex tube with a y junction(under the bed) and smaller tube to the rear bath. The adjustable under bed louver lets you direct more to the back bath if you find it necessary. I found that when they put the adjustable louver in the mid bath it diverted more flow to the other outlets increasing the flow at the other louvers. I pretty much just shut the hot air off to the mid bath it was wayyyy too hot in there.

z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, gas, heat, heater