Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2016, 06:05 PM   #1

2017 Bounder 35K Questions-New Owner

Hi!

We have been owners of a 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 35K since May 2016. We have a few concerns that I am hoping that someone else has also experienced and might have answers to help solve the issues.
1) The outside TV cabinet backs up to the kitchen sink with no divider between the inside and the outside. When the TV cabinet is open, you can see the back of the TV and outside when you look under the sink. Are they all like that? Could we get bugs in thru there? Also, do you see an issue having a TV in a potentially wet area?
2) The A/C drains that are on the roof above the driver and passenger windows are extremely short and when running the A/C, they are staining the windows and the sides of the coach. Are there options to extend these?
3) We are flushing our black tank as directed but have a odor issue a lot of the time. It does not seem to be coming from the bathrooms but we are unable to pinpoint the cause. Do you know if there is a venting issue in this model?
4) Our shower enclosure is leaking out from under the tracks.

We are bringing this in for service but are hoping that we can also go in with some answers.
Appreciate any insight on these issues.

Thanks!

Jill
Jill Junco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #2

For item 1: yes there is no barrier between the External TV and the underside of the kitchen counter. I can't say I see daylight with the covering door closed because it is closed. But I did not notice any gaps the few times I had the External TV open. If I did, I would caulk it.

For item 2: We used these JR Products Gutter Spouts. They are a little longer, about an inch.

For item 4: there were attempts to caulk the shower enclosure without a lot of success. The drippage happens after the door is opened after a shower. We just wipe it now, it isn't that much in our case.

For item 3: where do you notice the odor?
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:02 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Junco View Post
2) The A/C drains that are on the roof above the driver and passenger windows are extremely short and when running the A/C, they are staining the windows and the sides of the coach. Are there options to extend these?
Thanks! Jill
I had the same problem, and hated it. You can buy this type of gutter from Camping World, and set it up similar to what I did. It sure works. If I had to do it again, I would run it down to the trim just above the outside storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV1.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	134109  
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #4

On my 35K the seal around the TV is very tight I can't imagine any critters getting in thru there. The only water issues I had with the TV were when we had a heavy rain and the TV got soaked because the TV enclosure wasn't properly caulked. Make sure the kitchen counter is caulked where it meets the splash guard. The water dripping from the A/C on my coach was getting between the gutter spout and gutter, Some silicone where the spout meets the gutter cured that. I successfully caulked the shower track with some clear silicone. Be careful not to cover the drain holes on the inside of the track. The most difficult part was getting caulk at the very ends of the track on the inside where it butts against the walls.
Watch the wind direction and the A/C's on the roof if you get an odor from the black tank. It is possible for the wind to push the roof tank vent fumes into the A/c unit. I have found that using a Black Tank deodorizer cuts down on fumes coming from the tank vent. With a vacuflush system make sure you hold the flush pedal down at least seconds every time you flush to keep the lines clear. And when done flushing let the pedal snap shut. That cleans the ball seal in the toilet. Look behind the toilet there most likely is an owners manual for the toilet zip tied back there in a plastic bag. Read those instructions they are important to keeping the vacuflush operating efficiently.

You coach is virtually identical to a 2016 30th anniversary you may find this thread useful.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #5

We got our 36H in May, too! We also have a sewage odor but it happens when we are driving. After much research we think the sink in our half bath drains into the black tank. When we drive the sewer smell might be coming through the drain pipe in the sink. Dealer said to add water to the sink drain when we drive to see if it helps.
TravelingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #6

Thanks to you all for the responses.
We will check out the spout extenders. They really do make everything you might need. The picture of the ones that extend down the side of the coach, how do they attach?
I will check out the 2016 thread. I think it will help a lot.
As far as the sewage odor, it seems to be in the bedroom which is above the wet bay but not always. We have been using the drop in black tank deodorizer and we are still having smell issues. We have not driven it much so we will see if we have the smell while on the road.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #7

The gutter that wrap down the windshield post have self-stick tape.
Eze RV Gutters
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:10 AM   #8

For item 3 I would check the washer/dryer drain connections. Also, check that there is water in all the sink traps. Really need to track down where the smell is coming from and under what circumstances first though.
There have been reports on the tank vent pipes not being installed correctly (either at the roof or in the tank - too deep). This wasn't allowing the tanks to vent to the roof and the odor seeking other ways to vent.
I don't have any sewer odor at all in my coach.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #9

Hi! We don't have a washer/dryer. I agree about needing to track down the cause. We eventually want to live in this full time. My husband talked to Fleetwood today and they said it might be the vent under the sink. We are going to check it out this weekend.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMudstud View Post
I had the same problem, and hated it. You can buy this type of gutter from Camping World, and set it up similar to what I did. It sure works. If I had to do it again, I would run it down to the trim just above the outside storage.
Did you connect to the gutter spouts? If so how?
Old 08-02-2016, 08:57 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopalms View Post
Did you connect to the gutter spouts? If so how?
I used the same spouts that came with my coach. I ground down the end piece that inserts in the original gutter and used 3M double stick tape to adhere to the end.
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #12

https://www.google.com/search?q=flee...da7mqX34uKM%3A

These are a Fleetwood part I believe and they slide right into your current gutter.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:27 AM   #13

Doors 35k

We have discovered that the odors originate from the grey water tank and enter the Coach from the vacuum breaker valves under the kitchen and bathroom sinks and the washer/dryer hookup/roughing... This problem worsens when the roof fans are on... And driving with a roof vent open... Causes negative pressure in the Coach, solution is install better valves from Home Depot...
tadstads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Junco View Post
We have been using the drop in black tank deodorizer and we are still having smell issues. We have not driven it much so we will see if we have the smell while on the road.
Those packets should not be used with the vacuflush system UNLESS they are completely dissolved first.They contain little pellets that are like gravel when running thru the bellows and duckbills, liquid just flows...... Using those has nothing to do with the odor however, vacuflush systems should not smell, ever, unless there is a leak somewhere. Chances are a trap is dry to a sink, tub, washer, or a vent check is stuck under a sink etc.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder