Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #1

2017 Bounders

Has anyone heard when the 2017 Bounders are going to be available?

Also would appreciate input as to where one can get the best deal, i.e. percentage off the MSRP. Dan one expect to receive a larger percentage off if they order new?

Thanks in advance for everyones input.
NCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2016, 02:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTom View Post

Also would appreciate input as to where one can get the best deal, i.e. percentage off the MSRP. Dan one expect to receive a larger percentage off if they order new?

There is another thread on it here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2017...fo-280015.html
They are already being shipped.
Safer to say you will get the biggest discount on something already on the lot but there are too many variables.
Best discount is going to depend on your negotiating skills and to a large extent - the market. Bought mine at Lazydays - Tampa but with everything else - it depends. I would go back there.
I emailed all the big dealers and got a bottomline price on something they had on their lot to see how negotiable they were. This was when I was ready to pull the trigger. Lazydays won and they were 5 miles from my house...
Old 03-23-2016, 08:34 PM   #3

We ordered ours from Holiday RV in Jefferson IA after finding there website. They beat CW and Lazydays for an ordered unit by enough to warrant the drive and loved the small town service. The unit starts construction tomorrow and is a 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTom View Post

Ceriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:37 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have 30 on order. Should start hitting next week. Some can still be changed
Old 03-25-2016, 01:42 PM   #5

Here is a video of one of the new 2017 floor plans. There's not a lot of specific info in the video, but you can see the new floor plan with opposing slides.

I'm really hoping they used a higher rated chassis on the 35K, and 36H this year.

hydrocarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrocarbon View Post

I'm really hoping they used a higher rated chassis on the 35K, and 36H this year.

I have the 24K chassis in my 2008. No comparison to the 22K if you dig into the specs, brakes, steering, frame steel, axles, only difference in the 26K is heavier rear springs. I have seen other posts where Fleetwood has said no to special order. Go figure??
Old 03-30-2016, 07:48 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Saw pictures of a 2017 Bounder 34T in Oklahoma. Couple of takeaways that I noticed from the pictures (there weren't any updated specs that I noticed).

1. Saw Onan EC-30 for AGS - Why Fleetwood doesn't just use a higher end Magnum remote (ME-RC50) to manage the AGS and inverter is beyond me, but they do this in all the coaches with AGS. The cost is comparable and one device can manage everything.

2. Noticed that front overhead and bedroom TV are no longer LG brand and are replaced with a cheap A$$ Jensen. So much for nicer electronics in the coach; the only LG seems to be the mid-ship. Not sure if Sony is still used for the exterior TV which is now standard.

3. Residential refrigerator is the standard now ... no mention of 4 house batteries over the former standard of 2 (and then 2 extra if you optioned the residential refrigerator).

Haven't seen any indication of an upgrade in chassis to 24K. This would be unfortunate for at least the 36H model which was severely pushing the limits of OCCC for a coach that should be able to carry at least 4 - 6 adults.

Oh and with a roughly 20K - 25K increase in price for all of this.

Bill
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2017 35K Specifications

Sleeps 6
Slides 2
Length 36 ft 3 in
Ext Width 8 ft 6 in
Ext Height 12 ft 10 in
Int Height 7 ft
Interior Color ON ORDER
Hitch Weight 5000 lbs
Gross Weight 22000 lbs
Fresh Water Capacity 100 gals
Grey Water Capacity 58 gals
Black Water Capacity 42 gals
Tire Size 22.5
Furnace BTU 34000 btu
Fuel Type Gas
Engine 6.8L Triton V10
Chassis Ford 362hp

Spec's pulled from General RV web site for advertised 2017, but then again who knows till someone actually see's a manufacture's tag from an actual 2017 model, but in talking to the factory when I was there in March I say they have no plans to offer a heavier chassis in any of the bounders similar to the Tiffin and Newmar gas chassis. Unfortunate, in I really love my bounder but admit if it was on a heavier chassis I would be less in line to think of trading it in 3-4 years when considering a possible full time move to RVing. On the other hand I may never go true full time and in that case my 22K has enough OCCC to satisfy just about any 2-4 week trip. I'm not a boondocker so that factors in as well in cargo.

I like a lot of the new features they make standard with the 30th anniversary package in all starting in 2017, not sure on the Jensen TV, but I can say I have LG in both the living room and bedroom and the darn remote works both at the same time, it can be a bit of a PITA but LG's are great TV's SONY in exterior.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:28 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I don't think the 35K pushed the weight limits like the 36H I was looking at. The 36H was at roughly 1350 - 1400 OCCC with full fuel and propane, no fresh water, empty gray and black tanks. This on a unit that in theory sleeps 9 - 10 and has seat belts for as many.

I looked at it for taking my kids and a friend or two along with DW and myself. Add in the chairs, grill, some water and full water heater, food, etc. and that quickly became nil. So I would have hoped for a 24K chassis in at least this model.

I can't say I am thrilled about Jensen televisions, a generic (i.e. not Whirlpool) microwave, but the 30th Anniversary features being standard are nice. My biggest issue is with all that compared to an optioned 2016, the cost went up roughly $25K and there really isn't any added value other than AGS.

My $.02.

Bill
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #10

I am/was hoping for a heavier chassis for the 36H. That would have explained the higher MSRP we've been seeing, but maybe they are increasing the prices just because they can. If I have to settle for a 2016 Bounder it's OK, but I know I'll be over the weight limits of the 22k chassis. Perhaps a 10 year of DP would be a better choice.... If they are indeed sticking with a 22k chassis on the Bounder, I will start giving older DPs a closer look.
hydrocarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:43 AM   #11

Lamesa has some pics and invoice. Check out 2017 Fleetwood BOUNDER VNF87217 for details.
Ceriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:11 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have never seen the cost of the 24K or 26K Ford F53 Chassis. All I can find online is the base chassis cost (smallest F53) @ $26,770. If anyone can find that number I am really curious about the cost difference. I bought my Bounder 24K used and I have the chassis build sheet but no $$$.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:32 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceriley View Post
Lamesa has some pics and invoice. Check out 2017 Fleetwood BOUNDER VNF87217 for details.
Not a LX package and still does not show any chassis weights, the MSRP is quite a bit above the 2016 with the LX package, mine was 158K ish but not a 6 speed, with LX package
Old 04-06-2016, 06:43 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I have never seen the cost of the 24K or 26K Ford F53 Chassis. All I can find online is the base chassis cost (smallest F53) @ $26,770. If anyone can find that number I am really curious about the cost difference. I bought my Bounder 24K used and I have the chassis build sheet but no $$$.
All the new bounders are built on a 22K chassis, the only manufacturer that offers a 24k or 26k is Tiffin and NEwMar, that i have researched anyways. that statement only applies to 2014 and newer gas coaches BTW. The allegro 36LA and the Newmar are both 26k chassis

Tags
bounder