Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #1

2017 Fleetwood Bounder Mods

Since buying the new 2017 Bounder 33C in February, we've made a few changes and a few improvements.

Installed the Safe-T-Steer

Installed the Cheap Handling Fix on the front

Replaced the Sat dome with the DirecTV Traveler auto dish

David
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2017, 10:56 PM   #2

.....and a few more mods:

Replaced the LG receiver with a new Marantz surround 5.1 system.

Wires to the back of the Marantz

Ran speaker wires and new high speed hdmi cables down the wall inside the slide-out

The cables went down through the slide-out floor.

...and out the bottom of the slide-out, and then across the basement to the other side where they came out through the floor under the fridge and routed up to the TV.

To keep things cool inside the home entertainment cabinet, I installed an automatic thermostatically controlled fan system.

You can set the temperature to activate the fan to come on.

David
Old 05-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #3

Also replaced the unpowered subwoofer with a new 100 watt subwoofer that fits under the dinette bench.

This subwoofer is 12"x12"x12"

David
Old 05-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #4

And, following the footsteps of Sarah, we removed the L shape sofa and replaced it with a new Lazy Boy Pinnacle wall-hugger sofa with double recliners. We chose the burgundy "Vino" fabric to spice things up a bit. It fits absolutely perfectly, with plenty of room to get past it, and open the bathroom door when the slide is in.

THIS IS AFTER REMOVING THE L-SHAPE FLEX STEEL SOFA

THIS IS WITH THE SLIDE IN AND THE NEW SOFA

The sofa allows just enough room to open the bathroom door without touching the sofa.

SLIDE ALL THE WAY OUT

With both recliners out. The recliners are "wall huggers" and only needed about 3 inches of space behind the sofa.

David
Old 05-29-2017, 07:20 PM   #5

Handling Changes add ons and info needed

I have a 2006. We flipped the Sway bar in the front helped but replacing the shocks to Gas versions with a heavy rating above GVW helped a bit. Makes a little tougher ride but swaying is a bit less. I am interested in the sway Safe T Bar and the handling changes. I also added a wireless router to the RV as well to get devices to work on a common passworded network. This helped with APPLE TV, Laptops and having the BLU-Ray/DVD player with the USB port use an external Hardrive with movies on it to browse. Helps with doing family stuff on the road and keeping Manuals on a stick drive for reference.
Tpodbevsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:45 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
how did you run the cables for the new speakers, I've been wanting to do that but can't find how they are running them along the slides. I really wish they would instead run them in a channel along the ceiling and all speakers could be ceiling mounted easily.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
how did you run the cables for the new speakers, I've been wanting to do that but can't find how they are running them along the slides. I really wish they would instead run them in a channel along the ceiling and all speakers could be ceiling mounted easily.
If your MH is like ours, the wires run into an enclosed box in the corner of the cabinet above the sofa where the receiver is. This is where the Right surround sound speaker is located and the wires running to it. There's an identical box on the far right end of the overhead cabinets where the Left surround speaker box is located. Unscrew the four screws on the panel to see inside:

The wires run from the box, down inside the wall studs of the slide-out:

The wires come out at the bottom corner of the floor, behind the left side of the sofa:

The wires go along the back wall, about three feet, and then through a hole in the floor leading outside, under the slide:

Underneath the slide, the wires come down to a bracket that goes into the motorhome when the slide is in. Just attach your wires in some protective plastic split loom and zip tie them to the existing bundle of cables:

You will need to drill a hole in the left side of where all the cables go back into the MH (between one of the basement compartments) and then you can run the cables through the basement to the other side of the MH. I measured to a point under the fridge and drilled a 1" hole up from the the basement compartment. I ran the wires up under the fridge and routed them over to the wall between the fridge and the fireplace and up to where the "sound bar" is. And then into the cabinet behind the mid TV. Sorry don't have photos of that part.

This made for a nice clean install of new hdmi cables and an optical cable for our new Marantz receiver to the mid TV.

David
Old 06-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #8

Cables

What length are your new cables and where did you get them?
Spyder1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder1964 View Post
What length are your new cables and where did you get them?
I used 35 foot long HDMI cable like THIS one

Was just a couple feet more than I needed, but better to have more than not enough.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #10

Thanks!
Spyder1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow... awesome! My girlfriend and I really aren't fond of the L-shaped sofa in our '16 and this may just put us over the edge to replace it! Did you have any trouble getting the sofa into the coach? Does the back detach from the rest of it? I assume you got the power-recline option as I don't see room to reach down along the sides for the lever. You mention 'follow the footsteps of Sarah' in your post - is there another post that talks about this mod? I'm having trouble googling the sofa. Did you get it directly from La-z-boy or did you get it retail? Thanks! Great post!
Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan-Bull View Post
Wow... awesome! My girlfriend and I really aren't fond of the L-shaped sofa in our '16 and this may just put us over the edge to replace it! Did you have any trouble getting the sofa into the coach? Does the back detach from the rest of it? I assume you got the power-recline option as I don't see room to reach down along the sides for the lever. You mention 'follow the footsteps of Sarah' in your post - is there another post that talks about this mod? I'm having trouble googling the sofa. Did you get it directly from La-z-boy or did you get it retail? Thanks! Great post!
Thanks! Getting the L shaped FlexSteel couch out the door was the most difficult part of the mod. If you follow Sarah's Sofa Installation thread, you'll see what I'm talking about.
The Lazy Boy Pinnacle sofa recliner was easy to install. The delivery guys just removed the backs first and installed the sofa in our motorhome in about 15 mins.
We went with standard levers on our recliners because there was still enough room to reach the lever without any problem.

We purchased the sofa at the local Lazy Boy store where we looked at fabric and color combos, and then placed our order for the Pinnacle model (it fits perfectly at 81.5" wide, 38" deep and 41" high) It's usually a custom order and ours was delivered in about 5 weeks.

We just got back from a two week trip and the reclining sofa was fantastic!

David
Old 06-21-2017, 09:28 PM   #13

David, great idea on the sofa, wish I had thought outside the box. We had one made by FlexSteel and leather to match the front seats. Darn, I missed that one, spent too much $.
Can you expand on the fan for the front entertainment cabinet, got to do that one.

Or PM me with info. Thanks
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary CA View Post
David, great idea on the sofa, wish I had thought outside the box. We had one made by FlexSteel and leather to match the front seats. Darn, I missed that one, spent too much $.
Can you expand on the fan for the front entertainment cabinet, got to do that one.

Or PM me with info. Thanks
Thanks Gary! The 6" fan and auto-thermostat can be purchased HERE. I mounted it under the entertainment cabinet so I can look up and check the temp while sitting on the sofa. I also made another 6" hole as an air intake and covered it with THIS. It's also mounted under the same cabinet on the far side so I get air flowing over the Marantz amp. The one fan and air intake keeps the inside of the closed cabinet plenty cool and the fan only comes on if the temperature goes higher than I set it to.

David

Tags
fleetwood, bounder