Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #1

2018 Bounder 35K =slide leaking

2018 35k Bounder slide on drivers side allows water to get in when retracting. Shouldn't the rubber seals sweep the water off when retracting the slide?
Anyone have the same issue
MHandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #2

Same issue with our 2016 35k. I have since learned to pitch the Bounder with the jacks slightly to get the water off of the topper prior to retracting
Old 09-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have had this problem on both of our coaches. Often the problem is the top of the slide has a slight bow in it, which allows water to pool. So when the slide comes in the rubber seal (sweeper) doesn't pick up the water in the pool. Our solution is to put towels up on the top edge to keep the water from running down our necks when I hit the brakes. Key thing to remember is to take the towels down before running the slides back out.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #4

Just bring the slide in slowly with incremental movement, this allows the rubber seals to keep up with the pool of water. At least that’s what the manual says.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHandy View Post
2018 35k Bounder slide on drivers side allows water to get in when retracting. Shouldn't the rubber seals sweep the water off when retracting the slide?
Anyone have the same issue
As others have explained, Nope, you need to manage this yourself. Can do it either my tilting the rv before bringing the slide in and/or bringing it in ever so slowly and let the water drain off.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Same problem, I carry a 10ft step ladder on the back ladder, another story, Have a long extendable pole, screw a squeegee on it and squeegee it to one end and off. One unexpected shower when coming to a stop was enough for me. Generally up there anyway blowing off the leaves from top of the awning.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:57 AM   #7

Same for my 2019 Southwind. Taken a bath twice at first turn. Along with both toilets leaking at the base (down to assuming flanges), I feel I bought a boat and not an RV. I knew I should have bought a Tiffin. I still might,and take one more bath to my wallet.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjcbs View Post
Same for my 2019 Southwind. Taken a bath twice at first turn. Along with both toilets leaking at the base (down to assuming flanges), I feel I bought a boat and not an RV. I knew I should have bought a Tiffin. I still might,and take one more bath to my wallet.
I have to ask, what makes you assume Tiffins don't have this problem? My buddy's Phaeton does the same thing.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #9

I should add that this is happening without it raining. You have to assume it's from the A/C condensation, but how is it getting there with slide toppers?

Tags
leak, slide, bounder