Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #1

2019 Pace Arrow

We just picked up our first Diesel Pusher. It is a Pace Arrow 38K. I was wondering when I turn the Digital thermostat to the bedroom it is on heat pump but the living room is on gas heat. How do I get both on heat pump.
HarleyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #2

Your front unit probably isn't a heat pump.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #3

Got a Discovery. Only rear a/c is heat pump. Only use to take the chill off and dont run if outside temp at 40 or below. Will freeze up the unit
DonB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:19 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I use my heat pumps below 40 all the time and have yet to have one ice up BUT probably for only an hour as that's usually all that's needed to take the chill off in the morning.

Amazing how cheap manufactures can be...only one unit is heat pump to save $150. I have 3.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #5

I have 2017 38K. No heat pump on front AC. We use the fireplace to help heat the front of the coach. Another issue I had was having to replace the inverter. My coach has the inverter in the last compartment on the passenger side. This compartment vents next to the engine. Needless to say, quite a bit of road dust enters this compartment. Thus the inverter failed and I had to have it rebuilt. Magnum tech indicated the inside of the inverter was dirty and caused the failure. I contacted Fleetwood but unsatisfactory result. I am using furnace filters over the vents on the inside of the compartment. Not a lot of miles but seems to be effective in keeping dirt out of the compartment. Keep an eye on the inverter if yours is located in same position of the coach.
Olentangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:00 PM   #6

Thank you everybody for the info.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #7

I think my inverter is in the same place. I'm going to do what you did. Thank you
Old 10-24-2019, 05:53 AM   #8

The tech who repaired the inverter told me he had worked for Fleetwood for 25 years and did a lot of electrical design work. His comment was that whoever put the inverter in that location should be looking at doing something else. Luckily I was still under warranty but eliminating dirt in the compartment at this point is the best we can do. Fleetwood didn't offer relocating the inverter when I contacted them about the problem with the design issue. And now I see they haven't changed it. I guess I'm the only one with a dirty inverter problem.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #9

HarleyDan-one other suggestion is to buy some extra door latches. I had one break since the male plunger is made of plastic. Had to duct tape my door shut until I could get a replacement. I'm only semi-handy but figured out how to change the latch on the door.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #10

Yes sir thank you. I know that problem very well. Before this rig we had a 36D Pace Arrow 2006 and I still have at least 5 in my tool box
Old 01-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #11

PDI Big Boss Tuner

Looking to see if anyone has used the current PDI tuner. I'm thinking about using it on my 2017 PAce Arrow LXE 38' 6.7L 340 ISB Cummins w/2500 MH Allison to try increasing power. I've babied it enough and now time to try something. The problem is when towing my Jeep or on grades. I've read many threads and I'm aware of those that disagree with using these devices. I would greatly appreciate any experience using this tuner or anyone you may know. Thanks
aaaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:06 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My 15 Discovery has two front heat pumps I never use.
$1000 replacement versus $20 space heaters.
Dont slam the doors shut, push gently and use grease on the catches. They will last this way.

Tags
ace, pace arrow