Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #1

35K Problems

We just took first trip with bounder 35k and have several small issues but on day 6 the Illuma PLEX board went out which is huge problem cause all of the stuff it controls we made it home but what a big pain in *** I'm hoping this is not a problem several owners have been having any feed back would be great Thanks Ed
Fred639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #2

When I had a issue with a component connected to the Illumaplex system I called the Fleetwood customer service number. They got a tech on the phone and they talked me thru the procedure to get it working, hopefully they can do the same for you. I've attached some Illumaplex info for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Illumaplex.pdf (1,002.3 KB, 214 views)
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
only problem i have had with my Illumaplex was one of the nephews pulled the cover plate enough to dislodge some buttons. lights where coming on when they shouldn't and i couldn't turn some off. A small screwdriver and popped the plate off and reset the buttons all is well. My buttons have been flawless otherwise, it is not a very complex system, so maybe check the fuse panel in the bedroom TV cabinet.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
When I had a issue with a component connected to the Illumaplex system I called the Fleetwood customer service number. They got a tech on the phone and they talked me thru the procedure to get it working, hopefully they can do the same for you. I've attached some Illumaplex info for you.

I got Bed slide in manually and awning in manually to get home Its back at dealer and Plex board is bad It would not do anything and it had 12 volts going to it.
This info you sent is big help and a lot more than dealer gave me and i have asked for a complete wiring diagram and location where all wires are routed

I'm in the HVAC field and and just about all our equipment is controlled by circuit boards which can be problems at times, I just want to make sure they have not been replacing a bunch of these IllumaPlex boards and Dealers will not tell the truth all the times about issues and problems So Thanks for info Ed
Old 10-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
only problem i have had with my Illumaplex was one of the nephews pulled the cover plate enough to dislodge some buttons. lights where coming on when they shouldn't and i couldn't turn some off. A small screwdriver and popped the plate off and reset the buttons all is well. My buttons have been flawless otherwise, it is not a very complex system, so maybe check the fuse panel in the bedroom TV cabinet.

Mine has stopped working completely and all fuse where good and Plex board had 12 volts to it I was able to get coach back to dealer and the Illumaplaex board is bad Thanks For info Ed
Old 10-11-2016, 09:24 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred639 View Post
Mine has stopped working completely and all fuse where good and Plex board had 12 volts to it I was able to get coach back to dealer and the Illumaplaex board is bad Thanks For info Ed
Glad you at least have it diagnosed, not much to the boards i was surprised when i removed the cover and saw what it was, I would be curious what the replacement board cost as i could see possible replacing one down the road.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
... I would be curious what the replacement board cost as i could see possible replacing one down the road.
As would I... having on board spare parts is not a bad thing if they're not terribly expensive!
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynch763 View Post
As would I... having on board spare parts is not a bad thing if they're not terribly expensive!

I will be asking what cost is will keep all informed and if another one goes out dealer just well plan on getting me a extra one.
If something cause board to go bad I hope they find out what caused it?? I can see this being a problem
Old 10-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynch763 View Post

Got coach back last night heading out again today late for long weekend and see what else happens

Dealer said there cost on AllumaPlax board was around $700.00 so I could see them charging $1,000.00 to around $1,500.00 depending on how much they step on it.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:03 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred639 View Post
Dealer said there cost on AllumaPlax board was around $700.00 so I could see them charging $1,000.00 to around $1,500.00 depending on how much they step on it.
Ouch.
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #11

For those of us that dont have an AllumaPlax board.... can you guys explain what it is and what it does?
Thanks!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #12

Instead of running single wires for each light to turn lights off and on from numerous locations the Illuma plex system places switches all over the place but uses a telephone like cable to carry switch signals to the illumplex board. Most all control of DC electrical in the 2016 Bounder comes in and out of the Illuma plex system. It makes it really easy to do things like pull in the steps, retract the awning, and retract the jacks if the engine is started and the parking brake is released. Without the Illuma plex system it would require tons of wire plus labor to accomplish the same task. It still has all those connections but they are logical inside the system rather than individual relays and wires.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #13

Thanks for the info. Chuck!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:12 PM   #14

It could be in older the 16 model Bounder too, I only know of it in my 16 36E.

I like it btw
A feature my coach has that I would like to change is when the door is opened it turns on the lighted handle and illuminated steps as well as turns on the ceiling lights in the forward portion of the living room. I wish it had a way to defeat in case someone is sleeping on the couch.

Tags
ems, problems