RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #1

4 Televisions and total confusion

Beginning the process of trying to figure out just how our 4 TVs function-- individually and alone in our 2012 Bounder 33C. After the first session of looking at all the wires & connections above the driver's seat I'm not much closer to understanding it all. There's also external coax connections in the BR that I have no idea what they are for.

It would help a lot if I could actually get to the connections of the various sets. In the LR the main TV is completely built-in. There must be a relatively straight forward way to detach these TVs to gain access? The RV in front over the engine compartment has a bit more access but my fear is if I start mucking around without knowing what I'm doing and try to remove it, I'll end up with a "dangling TV" that I can't get either in or out!

Is there any kind of diagram of schematic showing how everything is connected? Would an RV repair shop be likely to know how it all works? No Fleetwood dealers anywhere near our area unfortunately.

tymzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2018, 03:32 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you tried turning on all the TVs and selected the various input choices in the menu screens? If you have a BOMB (Box of Many Buttons) to select TV and input choices, start with Antenna input and go from there. Instead of dismounting TVs and unplugging cables, start with what you have and see what it produces. TAKE NOTES if you get a setting that yields results. It will take time, but you'll know what you have. If you have a DVD player, you could try playing a DVD and see if you can find settings that show it on each TV.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If I remember correctly, access to the main TV is behind one of the mirror/pictures on that wall in the bathroom. You can also remove that black fabric cover thing underneath the TV that looks like a speaker; it just pulls off. There are some wires there but I can't recall what they are for. (Our RV is in storage and my brain is on vacation.)
Old 10-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Have you tried turning on all the TVs and selected the various input choices in the menu screens?
Countless times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
If you have a BOMB (Box of Many Buttons) to select TV and input choices, start with Antenna input and go from there. Instead of dismounting TVs and unplugging cables, start with what you have and see what it produces. TAKE NOTES if you get a setting that yields results. It will take time, but you'll know what you have. If you have a DVD player, you could try playing a DVD and see if you can find settings that show it on each TV.
One challenge I have in trying to troubleshoot this is that we have no OTA reception here in the mountains. Note taking is a good idea. Might help avoid the one step forward, two back situation.

I'm pretty used to setting up these types of connections but having wires that just disappear behind walls & cabinets and not being able to see & trace the various connections in the TVs is frustrating!
Old 10-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe a tone generator and probe kit?

Richard
3 Years Wheel & Track Mechanic US Army. 11 Years Automotive Mechanic. 12 Years Operating Engineer Interstate Brands. 3 Years Job Shop Machinist. 11 Years Chief Engineer INX International. 10 Years RV Mobil Repair Owner operator.
RLS7201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS7201 View Post
Maybe a tone generator and probe kit?

Richard
Right-- I have a tone generator/probe kit and am seeing what I can find out going that route. I also discovered that there were some labels on the coax and although I can't decipher the cryptic names if I can figure out one the others might be easier.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Call Fleetwood customer service and ask for the entertainment schematic. Mine is different than yours or I'd help. Once you get the schematic it might make more sense (unless a previous owner messed with it. Then all bets are off).
800-322-8216
Old 10-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Call Fleetwood customer service and ask for the entertainment schematic. Mine is different than yours or I'd help. Once you get the schematic it might make more sense (unless a previous owner messed with it. Then all bets are off).
800-322-8216
Thanks, I did just that. Got the diagrams but it appears all bets are indeed off as they look nothing at all like what I'm seeing. Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep plugging away until I'm able to figure something out. I did discover that one of gizmos there was part of a satellite system that's no longer installed.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymzee View Post
Thanks, I did just that. Got the diagrams but it appears all bets are indeed off as they look nothing at all like what I'm seeing. Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep plugging away until I'm able to figure something out. I did discover that one of gizmos there was part of a satellite system that's no longer installed.

Ditto here. I couldn't get much to work at all with my entertainment system. And like everything else on my rig I have no manuals. I found the sound system only works (very poorly at that) if I had a disc in. For all the speakers and wiring I figured it sound better, but it was just below mediocre. And working the remote for the unit over the sofa was just odd. If the door was closed I had very poor remote function. Had to open the door and hold the remote up. After playing with 3 of the 4 tv's for a couple days I went old school. I got 2 smart WiFi bluray players @ $85 each and mounted one at the living room TV and one in the bedroom. I mounted a soundbar under the living room tv as well. The soundbar is Blu Ray so I can listen to my Pandora ETC with it as well. I disconnected the mass of cables and wires (they are still there) and all works great now. The out side TV has never functioned. I'm on my 3rd multiplex radio thing that controls sound ETC. On the second one I actually had TV function for about 1/2 hour before it went haywire. I don't understand why they have a TV outside anyway. I have no use for the TV up front, but it does work.

I trust any schematics FW sends me, and I have reams and reams of them, like high humidity flatulence. I couldn't even get them to send me what color scheme my rig is. They sent me all color schemes from my model year so I think I can use the process of elimination. The tag with that info you find in the bedroom was for a Holiday Rambler Endeavor which has pretty different equipment. LOL
Old 10-16-2018, 06:19 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 2012 35K Bounder. I am not sure about the differences, if any, compared to your 33. After owning this unit for a couple of years, I have learned most of the TV/entertainment functions. If you have the control box above the driver's seat as I do, you can go thru the functions and have the audio on surround sound, tv alone, etc.

If you would like to pm me I may be able to answer or lead you to an answer on the 4 tvs.
epoucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #11

Sounds like you've put a lot more time & effort into that I have at this point! "All works great now" is my goal as well but I just need to dedicate some time digging into things. I will say that the few times I've gotten some things to work mainly by trial & error, the actual sound quality was very good.

I may end up doing something along the lines you describe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
Ditto here. I couldn't get much to work at all with my entertainment system. And like everything else on my rig I have no manuals. I found the sound system only works (very poorly at that) if I had a disc in. For all the speakers and wiring I figured it sound better, but it was just below mediocre. And working the remote for the unit over the sofa was just odd. If the door was closed I had very poor remote function. Had to open the door and hold the remote up. After playing with 3 of the 4 tv's for a couple days I went old school. I got 2 smart WiFi bluray players @ $85 each and mounted one at the living room TV and one in the bedroom. I mounted a soundbar under the living room tv as well. The soundbar is Blu Ray so I can listen to my Pandora ETC with it as well. I disconnected the mass of cables and wires (they are still there) and all works great now. The out side TV has never functioned. I'm on my 3rd multiplex radio thing that controls sound ETC. On the second one I actually had TV function for about 1/2 hour before it went haywire. I don't understand why they have a TV outside anyway. I have no use for the TV up front, but it does work.

I trust any schematics FW sends me, and I have reams and reams of them, like high humidity flatulence. I couldn't even get them to send me what color scheme my rig is. They sent me all color schemes from my model year so I think I can use the process of elimination. The tag with that info you find in the bedroom was for a Holiday Rambler Endeavor which has pretty different equipment. LOL
Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoucher View Post
I have a 2012 35K Bounder. I am not sure about the differences, if any, compared to your 33. After owning this unit for a couple of years, I have learned most of the TV/entertainment functions. If you have the control box above the driver's seat as I do, you can go thru the functions and have the audio on surround sound, tv alone, etc.

If you would like to pm me I may be able to answer or lead you to an answer on the 4 tvs.
That would be great-- thanks much for the offer and I'll do just that. What I'll do is take some photos of my existing wiring-- not that one can tell a lot from images, but that might give you a general idea if the systems are comparable. My "fear" is that the previous went totally rogue and what I ended up with is some kind of custom configuration that defies manuals.

We're traveling for the next few days but when we settle down I want to turn all 4 TVs on then start pulling plugs to at least see what's connected to what. Being as there apparently was a satellite system installed and has since been removed, I think that may mean there's a bunch of wiring that has no relevance to the current configuration.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #13

Quote:
That would be great-- thanks much for the offer and I'll do just that. What I'll do is take some photos of my existing wiring-- not that one can tell a lot from images, but that might give you a general idea if the systems are comparable. My "fear" is that the previous went totally rogue and what I ended up with is some kind of custom configuration that defies manuals.

We're traveling for the next few days but when we settle down I want to turn all 4 TVs on then start pulling plugs to at least see what's connected to what. Being as there apparently was a satellite system installed and has since been removed, I think that may mean there's a bunch of wiring that has no relevance to the current configuration.

I bought mine used as well and had a similar confusion with wiring. You can tell if it had a satellite by looking at the roof. You should be able to see where it was mounted. On mine they had a DTV satellite of some sort mounted up front. The cables were still there. It looked like they removed it with a shovel. They toweled on a gallon of some sort of sealant over the scar. One day I'll need to go up there and strip all that mess off.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Any time.
I replaced the original Satellite dish but all else is original. I have bot but not installed a converter the I plan to use to send satellite signal to bdrm TV and to outside TV. I enjoy outside TV watching sports and playing music on the outside radio/cd player.

epoucher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
television