Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #1

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
97 Pace Arrow water heater, furnace & jack problems

Hi Everyone,

I have a 97 Pace Arrow 35' Class A on a Ford 460 chassis with 31,xxx miles. I've owned this for 13 months & I am regretting this severely. The nightmare just continues.

Can't get any power to the hot water heater. No power at the "elec hot water" heater switch in the bedroom. Rigged a temp 120 volt power line to the gas valve switch. Disconnected gas valve & we are getting propane up to the gas valve. Disassembled the gas valve, everything appears to be in good shape. Tested the "air flow" via the diaphragm device, seems to be ok. Reassembled, reconnected, still no propane after the gas valve. Possibly the solenoids are bad? It would be nice to be able to take hot showers & hot water for dishes.

We couldn't get the heat to come on. Not sure if that is partly to do with not getting the hot water heating system to work??

Having an issue with the hydraulic jacks. No on/off light on the control panel for the hydraulic jacks by "Power Gear". When connected the jack pump sounds like it's working, but they are fully retracted & don't stop until you pull the fuse at the cylinder near the passenger front wheel.

The fuel gauge has never worked since the day I got it. Anyone else have that issue? Suggestions?? Stories?? How much did it cost to have fixed?

I also don't understand what the "shed" light on the electronic climate control panel means.

On a good note, took apart the motorized stair motor, cleaned the brushes & got those working. Also go the propane portion of the refrigerator working.

ANY comments, suggestions, stories & experiences are GREATLY appreciated by this rookie RV owner. Thanks!

97PaceArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #2

Just starting off, did you mean 12V to the gas valve? I hope you did, because the hot water heater propane safety valve is operated on 12VDC. If you have a dual power water heater, there will be both a propane burner and a 120V AC heater element that only works when plugged into shore power or generator. But the gas valve operates on DC, which allows you to have hot water while boondocking.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have you check the fluid for hydraulic jacks? Check the trouble section of the manual.

On my bounder (30amps), "Shed" means I am using more power then I have available, so the system in temporarily shutting down my rear air conditioner (a power pig) to provide power to whatever else I have plugged in. When the power is once again available the system will start up the air conditioner.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 82-L0506.pdf (1.38 MB, 36 views)
Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the PDF on the jacks. I'm sure my prob is something simple & hopefully I can fid the answer in there. Tanks again!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have both 120v & propane. My friend (that's charging me $40/hr to troubleshoot & fix these things) determined that the wire to the 120v hot water heater switch in the bedroom was disconnected, after fiddling around outside for several hours trying to get power to it, then disassembling the "gas valve unit". He called this morning to let me know one of the wires to the inside switch wasn't connected & we now have hot water. Imagine that?
Old 04-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PaceArrow View Post
I have both 120v & propane. My friend (that's charging me $40/hr to troubleshoot & fix these things) determined that the wire to the 120v hot water heater switch in the bedroom was disconnected, after fiddling around outside for several hours trying to get power to it, then disassembling the "gas valve unit". He called this morning to let me know one of the wires to the inside switch wasn't connected & we now have hot water. Imagine that?
Beauty. Just keep pressing away and you will get it all nailed down. Just pay attention to the way things operate on these rigs and you will get the hang of it. Main thing is get it running and enjoy it. They are tons of fun.

Tags
furnace, heater, water