Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timferd View Post
Sorry I did not give the answer the house batt was on.just a thought since the switches are Momentary switches wonder if there is a Solenoid in there somewhere ?
Tim
I bet the relay is in the same place as mine. Look behind and to the right of the throttle behind the trim panel and you will find a bundle of relays in front of the under dash hvac system. FW had the &$@& not to label each relay! I'm going to check mine in the am.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #16

Tim:

Sometimes what seem to be momentary switches are sometimes just monentary rockers that actually change the inner workings of the switch, which actually locks over until you move the "rocker" the other way.

My first test, if it were my problem, would be to check the 12V lines to both the bedroom and dashboard switches. The dash switch should be a double-throw type, with the center pins carrying power to the radio. One side should have chassis 12V and the other side house 12V.

Test the voltage on each of the supply sides. One side should go hot when you turn the ignition key to ACC. The other (house power) should be hot all the time (unless the house batteries are switched off), but might depend on the setting of the switch in the bedroom.

I suspect that the bedroom switch needs to be ON before the radio will come on from the "house" side of the dash switch.

I hope this makes sense!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Tim:
We have a 1998 36T and we love it. Either switch should toggle the dash radio on/off. I think the idea for the bedroom switch was that you could listen to music from the rear speakers over the bed.
TomAndPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Without looking at them I can think of two things those switches can do......

One: Switch Radio from "Main" to "Aux" power, this would turn it on (Assuming it is on) when the switch is switched and the key is off.

Two: Turn speakers off so the people in the "living space" can enjoy but the folks in the bed can sleep.

They may work together (like a 3-wa)
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Forgot to mention that we can toggle the radio "on" without the ignition key, so the assumption that "Aux" power is used is probably a correct one.
TomAndPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fleetwood used a switch with two musical notes on the switch for the aux power. Look on the dash and see if you have that switch. If you do, turn it on with that switch and then go to the bedroom and hit that switch and see if it doesn't turn it off.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
My post should have read "for the aux power for the radio."
Old 12-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #22

Sorry It took so long to get back having a lot of trouble chasing wires finally found had a blown fuse then it kept blowing fuses previous owner had cut wires from a phone set up that I was hooked into the coach power going to the radio. Then somebody had cut the radio wire and went to an ignition wire which is why the the radio would only come on when the key was on so got got the wire hooked back up to the radio control switch and everything works like it should radio comes on and off with my two switches .
What a major pain in the butt this was but With all your help and suggestions Got it figured out just want to say thanks again.
Tim
Timferd is offline   Reply With Quote