Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
A/C & Gas Heater Maint Question

Hello All, I have been preparing my Spring Maint To Do List and ensure I have tools/materials ready. I was have downloaded all equipment manuals, with what items to check, clean adjust and so on.
I am unable to download a owners manual, as the 2 roof top units are not what the Fleetwood Build Sheet said came with my unit. Looking at pictures and my equipment this seems to be correct. What is your opinion of a good generic how to video to "Roof Top A/C maint? I have looked at a few that seem ok, I would like Your Opinion.
The other question I have; my waterheater, gas heater & refer manuals all say to clean the burner chamber with a metal brush. I have a brass brush and a stiff nylon brush (toothbrush style). Don't mean to over think this, are they ok, or do I need a Steel bristle Brush? Sorry, but to me it's a pretty stupid question, but I figure I should ask. I do need to pick up a couple of round brushes at the Hardware Store.
My last question is what is a good lubricant for use. I have silicone spray and TRI-FLOW on hand.

Last question is; when do you wash your roof? Before doing roof inspection and maint or after all work is done so as not to wash twice. I'm going to be doing this twice a year so want to get a routine down now. (My guess would be after, but, how do you do a proper inspection for cracks, small dings if its dirty?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
gas, heater