RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
AC Revolution shades/blinds

Anyone know offhand the make of the powered shades/blinds in the AC Revolution... 2011 year.

Thanks
Ron K.

RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ron--have you checked on the blinds themselves? On ours, there are small tags with the brand name on the bottom.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the response Sarah.... Yes, I did check the blinds but no name that I could find. Guess I'll have to contact Fleetwood.
I have one blind that advances only about a 1/4 in. each time the switch is pressed. Happens both up and down direction. Takes quite a while to advance the blind this way. :(
Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
Thanks for the response Sarah.... Yes, I did check the blinds but no name that I could find. Guess I'll have to contact Fleetwood.
I have one blind that advances only about a 1/4 in. each time the switch is pressed. Happens both up and down direction. Takes quite a while to advance the blind this way. :(
Ugh, how annoying. The good news is, Fleetwood is very responsive and should be able to provide that info for you. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Finally a resolution to my blind problem. First off, the blind/shade installed in the Revolution and I'm assuming the rest of the AC line (we all know what assumptions get us are made by Automotion Shades which are located in Canada. Perusing their web site is worthless or as near worthless as you can get. Absolutely nothing I could find relative to any technical specs, adjustments, etc.
As you may recall, my problem was one of my blinds would only advance about 1/2" with each press of the switch. On the left side of the rollers you will find 2 small knobs with arrows pointing one direction for clockwise and one for counter-clockwise rotation (up/down) You will also note a plus and minus sign relating to the rotation of the small knob. Feeling I didn't have anything to loose I just started turning the knobs relative to the direction I was attempting to extend the travel. This took me probably 1/2 hour or more but finally got the blind to go down and up all the way in each direction. Can I tell you exactly which knob controls which direction? I'm not sure because as I rotated one knob it just didn't seem to corrolate to what I thought it should be affecting.
Bottom line is I finally got mine working, not entirely sure how and also don't understand why it went out of alignment.
If any of you have any type of documentation for Automotion blinds I sure would be interested in a copy.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK
Finally a resolution to my blind problem. First off, the blind/shade installed in the Revolution and I'm assuming the rest of the AC line (we all know what assumptions get us are made by Automotion Shades which are located in Canada. Perusing their web site is worthless or as near worthless as you can get. Absolutely nothing I could find relative to any technical specs, adjustments, etc.
As you may recall, my problem was one of my blinds would only advance about 1/2" with each press of the switch. On the left side of the rollers you will find 2 small knobs with arrows pointing one direction for clockwise and one for counter-clockwise rotation (up/down) You will also note a plus and minus sign relating to the rotation of the small knob. Feeling I didn't have anything to loose I just started turning the knobs relative to the direction I was attempting to extend the travel. This took me probably 1/2 hour or more but finally got the blind to go down and up all the way in each direction. Can I tell you exactly which knob controls which direction? I'm not sure because as I rotated one knob it just didn't seem to corrolate to what I thought it should be affecting.
Bottom line is I finally got mine working, not entirely sure how and also don't understand why it went out of alignment.
If any of you have any type of documentation for Automotion blinds I sure would be interested in a copy.
Hi RonK. I just had Auto Motion Shades installed on Tuesday by Classic Coach Works in Lakeland Fl. They were MCD's largest dealer till last year when they switched. They are a family owned and operated bus and I'm sure they would be happy to help you. Ask for Stephanie. 863-667-3040.

See you at the FMA/ Lazy Days Rally.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cliff
Thanks for the contact information. Think I will give them a call.
See ya next week
RonK