RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some may prefer more complexity and cost but in my opinion the best and also the highest quality solution for your situation is to get a Dish network VIP211k, a very compact HD receiver, then use it with your existing Winegard dish. It will work perfectly.

I know there are those who are unable to aim a Winegard dish, but I would not assume you cannot learn. It takes only a minute or two once you know what to do if you have parked in a location where you have a view of the satellite location. If you decide to use the VIP211k with the Winegard dish, I could give you very complete instructions as I have used that combination.

With all of the money you save by using the Winegard you already have you could buy several new High definition TVs to take advantage of the High definition satellite signal.

Some may not be aware that nearly all programs are now in HD and on Dish network the HD programming including the local channels is on the 129 satellite. Today I see no reason to ever rotate the dish off the 129 HD satellite.

marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
Some may prefer more complexity and cost but in my opinion the best and also the highest quality solution for your situation is to get a Dish network VIP211k, a very compact HD receiver, then use it with your existing Winegard dish. It will work perfectly.

I know there are those who are unable to aim a Winegard dish, but I would not assume you cannot learn. It takes only a minute or two once you know what to do if you have parked in a location where you have a view of the satellite location. If you decide to use the VIP211k with the Winegard dish, I could give you very complete instructions as I have used that combination.

With all of the money you save by using the Winegard you already have you could buy several new High definition TVs to take advantage of the High definition satellite signal.

Some may not be aware that nearly all programs are now in HD and on Dish network the HD programming including the local channels is on the 129 satellite. Today I see no reason to ever rotate the dish off the 129 HD satellite.
Thanks for the info, Marvel: I'm going to contact our local DISH guy and see if he can get us hooked up with the VIP211k. Will we need to also get the portable sat dish and tripod, just in case we're parked where we don't have a clear view of the 129 satellite location?

Once we get the VIP211K, would appreciate your complete instructions since we both have the Winegard roof-mount satellite.

That's why I love irv2.com - nice folks like you are so helpful. Thanks again.

Jim and Susan
'00 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 36B
Merlin, OR

meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I would suggest posting your question in the " Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc." area. Your question really isn't specific to Fleetwoods.

There are lots of ways to go, but if you're not comfortable with moving a receiver to the RV, then a dish on a tripod is not going to be your best solution. You'll just get frustrated.

If you only want to feed a single TV, then a dome or carryout is fine. If you don't have an HD TV, then 129 isn't critical. You might post what channels you're looking to get. That'll get you better answers to make a more informed decision.

kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, satellite