Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Advice and feed back

We bought our new coach this past Nov and have had it out a lot and some questions still come up.

1. When running the AC and hooked up to 50Amp shore power, zone 1 really blows and cools down fast but zone 2 ( rear of coach) blow very low compared to zone 1, taking more time to cool. I turned off zone 1 and zone 2 still blows slow even on high. This is what by Bounder brocher says. Dual 11.0/13.5 BTU Ducted Air Conditioners.

2. We are find a lot of things that need to be fixed or repair and I am sure I could do some of them myself by DW, say I should let them fix them as we paid good money for this coach and I shouldn't have to fix it.

What your thought on this?

Thanks/
BarryN514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #2

I agree with both of you,if it's easy and isn't going to cost much,and it will keep me from spending hours at a dealership I'll fix it myself,but it's something I might mess up and cost me more money in the longrun and it's convienient to take it to a dealer,then that's what I would do.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #3

On my thermostat I have a choice of high or low fan speed maybe a possibility. It seems my rear air blows slightly less I think the big difference is after a long haul it takes awhile for that big heater (engine) to cool off.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Barry. First of all, I "assume" that the 11k BTU unit is not going to perform as well as the 13.5k, if that's what the brochure means. If you feel it isn't getting the job done, by all means have it looked at while you have warranty. Have you cleaned the filters lately?

As for the little things that can be DIY'd...we (and by "we", I mean my hubby...) just take care of them ourselves. It is an hour away to the dealership, so wasted time and gasoline money for the RV to sit there for weeks waiting on repairs. That's really something you'll have to decide on yourself.

We took our Bounder back to the dealer one time with our short punch-list after our shake-down trip. After that, we haven't had any problem we couldn't take care of. We have learned a lot in the 2 years we have owned our Bounder and we feel pretty confident we can take care of minor issues.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
that the 11k BTU unit is not going to perform as well as the 13.5k, if that's what the brochure means
That's is what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I have not check the air filters as I thought that since it was so new, no need.

Quote:
On my thermostat I have a choice of high or low fan speed
Our has " Auto, High and low" and of course off.

One of the things that bothers me is the paneling when entering the coach is coming loss. Other things is, the screen door latch doesn't work and tried to fix it but I think I made it worse. When the screen was closed and then we closed the coach door and then tired to open it, it would not open the screen door. Hope that make sense. The bottom of the shower door leaks when taking a shower.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryN514 View Post
That's is what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I have not check the air filters as I thought that since it was so new, no need.

Our has " Auto, High and low" and of course off.

One of the things that bothers me is the paneling when entering the coach is coming loss. Other things is, the screen door latch doesn't work and tried to fix it but I think I made it worse. When the screen was closed and then we closed the coach door and then tired to open it, it would not open the screen door. Hope that make sense. The bottom of the shower door leaks when taking a shower.
Is the paneling something you feel comfortable repairing? I think several people have reported issues with the latch on the screen door. Does your shower door have the rubber gasket thing? Does it appear straight and that it is sealing correctly when you close the door?

Since you are still under warranty, maybe you should make your list of issues and set up an appointment to have everything done. Once the warranty is out, it's all on you...so let them do it. Biggest issue will be that they will likely have your RV for a while since this is busy season.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like your list warrants the time, cost and effort to have the dealer fix the defects. I generally fix the 'easy' things rather than start up and schlep over to the dealer who will have the RV for at least a day.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Since the dealer is about 9 miles from me, I think I will have to do the repairs so there will be a record of it.

Quote:
Does your shower door have the rubber gasket thing? Does it appear straight and that it is sealing correctly when you close the door?
The door appears to be straight but there is no gasket on the bottom of the door so when it closes there is approx 1/4" opening.

Tags
advice