RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Advice on purchase

Looking at either a 2008 Signature or a 2010 American Eagle.
Have owned Monaco before and I have been happy with the Roadmaster chassis. No experience with the Spartan Liberty chassis. Supposed to have air ride.
Pricing is around $225 on the 08 and the same on the 2010 Eagle. They lose so much value every year, it may not make a diff. I'm not familiar with the salability of one vs the other. My opinion is that the Monaco may be the better Rv but Perhaps because I am most familiar with it. Im also aware that Monaco has changed hands twice since 08 and the Signature is no longer made unlike the American Eagle by Fleetwood.
I realize this opens it up for a wide range of personal opinion but I was hoping that I might garner some stories of real life experiences from this forum concerning these coaches. This is a big expense and "wisdom is found in a multitude of counsel"
Thanks in advance.

Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
While not a direct apples to apples comparison, I can offer this...

I owned a 2008 Monaco diplomat. Great coach! Loved it. Rode great, drove great, no issues with it at all while I owned it. Put 20k miles on it in 2 years. Sold it last year November.

Bought a 2008 Fleetwood Revolution in January this year and was immediately impressed with how it drove. Now remember, I was happy with the Monaco.

I normally cruise at 62-65 in the right lane. In the Monaco, I would "feel" the semi about the time the front of the semi was at my left rear. As the semi came along side me, I would get a small, but perceptible, gust of wind at the seal of the slide behind the drivers seat. As the semi finished passing, I could feel a tendency for the coach to be pulled into the draft of the semi.

In the Revolution, the first time a truck passed me, I was aware of it only when the truck nose was in my peripheral view. I didn't feel any movement of the coach due to the semi! The coach continued to track beautifully. No minor correction of the wheel was needed. No small gust of wind on the slide seals. The revolution is also much more quiet inside than the diplomat.

This difference has translated to much less driver fatigue in the Revolution over a long day of travel.

The longer I have owned the Revolution, the more impressed I am with it over the diplomat. It's mainly in the small details. But enough of the small details have added up to my opinion that the Revolution is a much better build than the diplomat.

Granted, you are looking at a upscale version of both coaches in my example. However, the chassis and the build quality might stay consistent with brands.

Mark

Old 11-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #3

Picked up an 07 Discovery 39V with a fill slide. Freightliner chassis drives like a dream!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
$225k sounds like a bargain for the Eagle...they are over $600k new. Mark B mentioned how well his Rev rides...and it's two levels below the Eagle.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:44 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Decided on the 2010 Eagle, pick it up Thursday
A 45B (full wall slide) and the 650 cummins.
Now for insurance and possibly an ext warranty.
Thanks for the feedback!
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:08 AM   #6

We will be awaiting pictures! Congrats!

mchero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, purchase