Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #1

Air Lift on F53 Bounder 32H Rear 1996

Hi everybody, Need some help or advice. I bought Airlift 5000 for the Bounder part# 57208 It is the correct kit according to Airlift. Here is the problem, when I go to install the assembled bag on the leaf-spring, the coach body nearly crushes the air fitting. The body runs right above the frame and sticks out approx 4". I bilieve it is the rear bedroom sheet metal. If that body part was not there this would of been a piece-of-cake. I did the measurements and double checked. I followed the instructions to a tee. However the pictures all show NO body at the mounting point. This 32H definitly does. Has anyone run into this before ? I have called Airlift and supplied picts, Engineers are looking at it now. I have looked at other '96 32H Bounders and they have the same setup. Is there something I am missing? I can't bilieve this is the first time this has popped up. I am sure there is a good solution out there. Maybe Airlift directions need updating as they show a F-350 in the directions. Thank you for any and all help or ideas.
nutbustd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Can you post a picture?
Old 10-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #3

Yes I can thank you
Old 10-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #4

picts of 32H Airlift install

Click image for larger version

Name:	bounder 127.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	371.6 KB
ID:	77085

Name:	bounder 128.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	77086

Name:	bounder 129.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	77087 Hi everyone, As you can see the issue. Now maybe it's install clearance is tight and once it is together there is no problem. But if you look closely the air connector will get crushed if I install. Maybe I am not compressing the airbag enough. Any ideas? Nutbustd
Old 10-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #5

I have the same thing installed on my outlaw but will have to look tomorrow to see how far down the frame I mounted it. I do know I only used 2 bolts on each side of mount and a little farther forward than you show if I remember correctly.
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:30 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some questions, is the rear jacks fully extented? If you compressed the bag will it clear the z bracket? Mine a 1999, but I dont remember having problems with the air valve clearances. RV is in storage right now but if you dont figure it out, I will run over an get some pictures.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #7

Smile Airbag solved YEA!!

Hi everyone, I figured out what to do. No where in the instructions from Airlift does it say to compress the bag!! I compressed the bag to the stated 5" and used 2 big ty-wraps to hold the bags together. I then set the rear differential to the correct height and the bag slipped right in. I called Airlift and was told that was the first time they had heard of this. I told them they need to update their instructions and get better picts. I have attached a couple of picts to show you what I did. thank you for all the info I do appreciate it. Nutbustd
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bounder 001.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	77142   Click image for larger version

Name:	bounder 002.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	77143  

Old 11-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #8

Hi everyone Just a follow-up note. Went on a great trip to gold country and the road was curvy. MH handled excellent. Almost all of the sway was eliminated and wind gust induced steering was reduced a lot. Set the pressure at 80psi. Ride was definitly much firmer. Will try 60psi on the next trip in Dec. thank you Nutbustd US Army ret.

Tags
bounder, f53