Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #253

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Nice, coach...new to posting ...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #254

Spartan Chassis
1998 American Eagle

I just purchased a 1998 American Eagle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1998 American eable.png
Views:	161
Size:	603.0 KB
ID:	121881  
JWLSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #255

Very Nice !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:29 PM   #256
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLSC View Post
I just purchased a 1998 American Eagle.
Very nice, I was station in Beaufort SC at the Marine Air Base, sent time 250 miles north of the arctic circle on a mountain 720 meters high in the early 70's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:01 PM   #257

I am about to purchase that unit myself, how has it been for you?
skin-tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #258

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here is a photo of my Eagle

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461454265.834256.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	125048
jbialy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:34 PM   #259

Country Coach Owners Club
Just bought a American Revolution 2014

Super excited as we just bought a gently used American Revolution tag motor home. We are now about to sell our treasured National Tropical and are a bit nervous about the upgrade. We know all the systems and are totally familiar with the existing and are concerned that we will now have to be reeducated.
We are wondering if anyone would have a suggestion regarding purchasing the extended warranty on the coach. The cost is $10,000 for 5 years of full coverage. Do you think it's worth it? The coach only has 16,000 miles and 100 hours on the geni. Any input would be appreciated.
Ps. We are Laura and Greg from Winter Park, Colorado. Wpchateau@aol.com
wpchateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #260

Extended Warranty

Laura and Greg. Congratulations on your new Revolution. We have a '12 and just love it now that the beginning bystanders are worked out. I'm sure your previous owners had the pleasure of doing that for you. I bought an extended warranty after my 1 yr expired. It didn't come close to 10k. I think it was a couple thousand . I got it through Good Sam with a high deductible. Needless to say I never used it and I didn't renew after the 3 yrs, ( I think). I did have work done but it was a couple hundred here and there so it never got near the $500 deductable. Then the work I had done was also usually by mobile rv guys that don't honor insurance anyway. Things just don't break down when your right next to an authorized repair shop. The power plant is real solid. It's just other things that break be fear you want them to. If I knew ten what I do now I would not buy an extended warranty. Have fun with your new coach.
dfchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #261

We use ours a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchrist View Post
Laura and Greg. Congratulations on your new Revolution. We have a '12 and just love it now that the beginning bystanders are worked out. I'm sure your previous owners had the pleasure of doing that for you. I bought an extended warranty after my 1 yr expired. It didn't come close to 10k. I think it was a couple thousand . I got it through Good Sam with a high deductible. Needless to say I never used it and I didn't renew after the 3 yrs, ( I think). I did have work done but it was a couple hundred here and there so it never got near the $500 deductable. Then the work I had done was also usually by mobile rv guys that don't honor insurance anyway. Things just don't break down when your right next to an authorized repair shop. The power plant is real solid. It's just other things that break be fear you want them to. If I knew ten what I do now I would not buy an extended warranty. Have fun with your new coach.

My 05 Rev came with a 5/50 and was at 49 k when we bought it a year ago.
After each long trip its goes in the shop and the policy covers a couple grand. last summer it was the fridge and they replaced all but the box! Had both front wheel hub covers go on a trip and that was covered. my deductible is 200 and I believe the policy was 5600.00 bumper to bumper mechanical, plumbing and high end electronics. would NOT have bought the unit without it, being worried about that C-9 cat and that Allison tranny!

Wholesale warrenties.com san diego ca

ADT
Phx AZ
AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:17 AM   #262

My american eagle will not lock/unlock entry door with key fob. It locks storage compartments but not door.
larry skaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:51 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry skaggs View Post
My american eagle will not lock/unlock entry door with key fob. It locks storage compartments but not door.
Some vehicles wont lock with a key in the ignition.
gvenlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:41 AM   #264

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
What year is your Eagle? My coach's key fobs can be reprogrammed, it is a TriMark.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:58 AM   #265

Amer. Dream, Tradition, Eagle, Heritage,Allegiance,Revolution owners referenc...

Quote:

Something you might check is the contacts between the door and the door frame. They are usually a dome shaped gold looking contact. If one of those is not touching making contact it can cause it to not lock. They are located usually at the halfway point on the right inner side of the door when walking into the coach. A way to confirm it is the contacts. Close the door and push in slightly at the right side of the door where the contacts are and push the lock button. If it locks you have a door lock contact issue.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #266

2001 Fleetwood American Dream to replace the one that was totaled 2 months ago...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1465155466893.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	129256  
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote