RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #561

American Coach Owners Club
..deleted..

AE Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #562

My front TV is on. Turn on the overhead lights, I loose TV signal. Any ideas?

2008 American Eagle.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE Wanderer View Post
My front TV is on. Turn on the overhead lights, I loose TV signal. Any ideas?

2008 American Eagle.

Over-the-air TV?
What kind of lights?
Is this a new symptom?
What has changed?
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #564

Cable TV

LED lights that have been in coach for about a year.

Started happening about a week ago.

Nothing has changed that I know of. I was thinking a connection/something must be loose. Today, closing the entry door also caused TV to lose signal. Tomorrow I am going to check antenna amplifier in electronics cabinet. I know it has nothing to do with cable, but the power button on it must be on to receive cable signal.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:11 AM   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukid68 View Post
We have no water this morning, found out the water line inside the door of the water control is frozen, the valve to add water to tank is frozen so I cant add to the tank and use the pump. the water lines are heated and fine. How do you al keep that area warm, with the plastic tray bottom there that does not keep out the cold?it is 4 degrees right now.
Do you have a heated basement, aquahot with blower etc?

We had an issue in zero temps turns out a fuse went to the blower. We have a thermostat in the wet bay and also a rocker switch to manually turn on the blower to test.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #566

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukid68 View Post
We have no water this morning, found out the water line inside the door of the water control is frozen, the valve to add water to tank is frozen so I cant add to the tank and use the pump. the water lines are heated and fine. How do you al keep that area warm, with the plastic tray bottom there that does not keep out the cold?it is 4 degrees right now.
If you need heat in specific areas, and have or have access to the type 60 watt light bulbs that get hot, go to WalMart and get as many of the cheap drop lights (orange plastic) and extension cords as you need. My coach is in storage, and I have them all over ....drain valves, water pump, refer, washer/dryer and any other place I don't want frozen.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #567

much thanks

Well all the comments are helping. I put a small heater in the water bay, added blanket under in the plastic tray, it all got thawed even at -16. of course the other side where the water heater is, water lines froze up. now I got the door to the furnaces open, checking that out now. thanks all for the help and comments. appreciate it.
nukid68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:44 AM   #568

Looking for some help on a blown fuse issue... can't figure out the cause? This is on my '07 American Tradition 40Z. It's the Bedroom Reading lights fuse on the PC board that blows the instant you push the associated button on the switch label for the reading lights. I've pulled all the lights down looking at the wiring for signs of a short.. nothing. Did the same with the switch panels... nothing. Everything looks OK on the PC board and with the wires that are label as going to that switch panel or lights. Any thoughts or advice as to what else to look at?? Thanks
RoyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:53 PM   #569

Amer. Dream, Tradition, Eagle, Heritage,Allegiance,Revolution owners reference list

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyW View Post
Looking for some help on a blown fuse issue...

Have you tried removing the bulb? Assuming it is not an LED fixture. That would be the place that positive and negative come together expecting a load instead of a short. Could the switch on the fixture or the wire from it be shorting to the grounded metal body of the fixture?
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #570
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
Have you tried removing the bulb? Assuming it is not an LED fixture. That would be the place that positive and negative come together expecting a load instead of a short. Could the switch on the fixture or the wire from it be shorting to the grounded metal body of the fixture?

I would pull the bulb, and see if the fuse still blows. Is so go to the switch and disconnect the feed, and continue down the streamm untill the fuse no longer blows, and you have found your problem.

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #571
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Looking for some help on a blown fuse issue... can't figure out the cause? This is on my '07 American Tradition 40Z. It's the Bedroom Reading lights fuse on the PC board that blows the instant you push the associated button on the switch label for the reading lights. I've pulled all the lights down looking at the wiring for signs of a short.. nothing. Did the same with the switch panels... nothing. Everything looks OK on the PC board and with the wires that are label as going to that switch panel or lights. Any thoughts or advice as to what else to look at?? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
I would pull the bulb, and see if the fuse still blows. Is so go to the switch and disconnect the feed, and continue down the stream until the fuse no longer blows, and you have found your problem.

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:14 AM   #572

Quote:
Have you disconnected it at the switch input for insuring that the wiring is good, up to that point. All clear, then disconnect the fixture for checking the rest of the circuitry. This should tell you something and for giving you something to go on.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #573

Arrow 2017 American Dream 42G

Cummins ISL9 turbocharged, aftercooled 8.9L diesel 450 HP
GCWR Total 62,000 lbs
15,000 lb Class V Hitch Receiver

Allison 3000 MH six-speed automatic

Freightliner XCM AC Liberty chassis

17K lbs Front ZF Independent axle 56 degree wheel cut

21K lbs Rear Detroit RS-21, ratio 4.78:1 V-Ride air suspension
10K lbs Tag UltraSteer B-Series w/air dump

Tuned Sachs/Rolls-Royce shocks

Front Bendix 17" air disc ABS brakes
Rear 16.5 x 7" drum style ABS s-cam

Tag 15 x 5 in. drum style ABS s-cam

Tires/Wheels Michelin® 315/80 R22.5 Front, 295/80 R22.5

Rear 6 aluminum, 2 steel - 22.5 x 9 in Front, 22.5 x 8.25 in rear

Venetian Sand exterior
Copper Canyon interior

Gloss Chestnut wood finish
AZMILVETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:00 AM   #574

I did remove bulbs, fixtures, and swapped switch panels (working downstream) to no avail... the fuse continues to blow once the button is pushed to turn those lights on (competing the ground and therefore the circuit). Guess I need an electrical expert who knows the circuitry and has the schematic for this model 40Z? Trip to REV Group in the future

RoyW is offline   Reply With Quote