RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #589

American Coach Owners Club
Found ain't dead....lol
I'm also curious about the ice maker

mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2019, 03:06 AM   #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
Found ain't dead....lol
I'm also curious about the ice maker

My Dometeic in my Eagle's ice maker is located inside to the right hand side of the exterior access door. Follow the ice maker water line to the end where it screws onto the ice maker (regulator)not sure if that is the correct term for this part. But I un screwed this and cleaned it out, put it back together and mine has made ice ever since. Did this 3 months ago.
Hope this helps!

with 325 Cummins & Spartan chassis
completelymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:58 AM   #591

Spartan Chassis
http://www.beamalarm.com/foretravel-...030_7732SM.pdf

I believe you have one of the above dometic models. If this link does not work then search dometic rm7030 - that should help.
JohnArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #592

Fleetwood Owners Club
Purchased 2008 “Fleetwood” Revolution LE 42K last spring

Been updating and fixing daily, thank goodness for warranty
- New front tires
- New residential fridge
- Cameras & Controller replaced
- Squirrel cage in furnace replaced
- replaced drain pump on Splendide Combo
- Added tank monitor system in wet bay
- New radio with Nav & Sirius
- LED lights inside and out
- King Antenna
- Lesson learned, Don’t let DW use Fabric bum wipes, $500 to unclog macerated toilet
- On third electric water heater element
- list goes on and on.

Next on list is to add wind sensor to Carefree awning
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F63E177D-B0A5-487E-BEAB-5F0D8A594951.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	252623   Click image for larger version

Name:	747EE1B6-DF2F-4A3F-9B23-B57E33B38CB6.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	252624  

Click image for larger version

Name:	EE483397-14C4-40BD-AF25-34EE934BEDC2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	252625  
Old 07-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #593

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyW View Post
Seems we're having some bad luck with our coach this year, first the electrical gremlins with several lights, switches, etc., still unresloved.... and then the refrigerator craps out (the ammonia smell about knocked me over) when the cooling unit expires. So, after being unable to find a residential unit that would fit the space (either to tall, or too wide, or too deep, etc., etc.) in my '07 American Tradition 40Z, we decided to go with the Dometic unit that (per Dometic) is the current replacement, i.e., same size, dimersions, gas/electric, etc., with split 4 doors vs the 2 doors in current unit... and stainless door vs. black. Ordered it from Camping World, on sale for a mere $2900 YIKES!, plus shipping and installation. 10 days later it arrives and we schedule, drop the coach off and get a call that the unit is damaged (big dent in one of the doors) and, of course, Dometic won't just ship a replacement door, must send a whole new unit ARRGG! So, I suggest they take out the old fridge, since they already have the passenger seat removed, the screen door removed, doors of old fridge off, and the cardboard and padding everywhere for the planned install. Great they say. So, after removing the old fridge from the cabinet they discover they are unable to get it out of the coach (even with the fridge doors removed, as we knew was necessary, based on all measurements I got from Dometic and took myself, for both removal of old and bringing the new one in). The problem was not the door width but rather interference from either the TV cabinet above in front or the dash area itself. Removing the cooling unit on the back of the old fridge would have allowed removal, but doing the same on the new replacement fridge was not something they wanted to do. So, back into the opening goes the old dead fridge... and I cancel the order, and move on to Plan B, whatever that is ???

I know removal on the windshield is one option (but I'm not keen on that one having just put a new windshield in in 2017, not to mention the cost). I have no other windows large enough to suffice the passing of a large refrigerator.

So, any advice from those that have replaced their original fridge, ideally in a 40Z model would be welcome (location is in the center hall across from the 1/2 bath, so not easy area to work it, very tight). What did you do, how was it accomplished, etc. We do dry camp some, but are open to either residential or gas/electric unit... but we may need to go smaller in order to get a new unit in, or remove TV cabinet, or remove windshield??? Right now are are perplexed as to what to do, so I thought I get some suggestions? Thanks
I assume you have this issue addressed already, same issue on my unit (Revolution LE). The dealer would not remove the dash, so I did it myself and drove it to the dealership. Other option was take the small slide out. The dash was maybe a dozen drywall screws and few electrical connections. Out in an hour.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #594

2008 American Eagle on a Spartan MM chassis.

My wipers quit working. Checked the fuses, they are OK. Had heard it might be the smartwheel, sometimes cleaning and reconnecting does the trick. But I have no idea where to look. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 AM   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE Wanderer View Post
2008 American Eagle on a Spartan MM chassis.

My wipers quit working. Checked the fuses, they are OK. Had heard it might be the smartwheel, sometimes cleaning and reconnecting does the trick. But I have no idea where to look. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.

Mine is 2001 American Dream. Mine also quit working. Mine has a push button to activate the washer and that works. If I push the button I get 2 or 3 wipes and then it quits. Nothing else works. It was easy to take off the back of the dash. I unplugged the clip and blew it out but it didn't help. I'll let you know when I get it figured out.
tsshaver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #596

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsshaver2000 View Post
Mine is 2001 American Dream. Mine also quit working. Mine has a push button to activate the washer and that works. If I push the button I get 2 or 3 wipes and then it quits. Nothing else works. It was easy to take off the back of the dash. I unplugged the clip and blew it out but it didn't help. I'll let you know when I get it figured out.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #597

Wipers and horn quit working. Went on a hunt for my smartwheel decoder. Finally found it under the top step of my coach, next to the main front chassis fuse box (I say this because I have 2 fuse boxes for the chassis and 2 fuse boxes for the coach).

Unplugged and plugged in all 5 plugs on the decoder + put in new fuses for my horn & wipers. Hit the horn, decoder started to smoke real bad, and the horn fuse blew. Guess it is time for a new decoder!