RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2014, 04:43 AM   #113

American Coach Owners Club
campsite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewE2 View Post
Thanks for posting. Very nice campsite... where was the image taken? Thanks
It was at Deer Creek Motor Couch Resort WV... we stopped in to look at the available lots. Nice place and friendly people.

rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #114

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Amer. Dream, Tradition, Eagle, Heritage,Allegiance,Revolution owners referenc...

Great thread. Here's a picture of our first ever coach. It's a 2003 Revolution 40c. Only have had it a couple of months.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417668234.372403.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	728.5 KB
ID:	80480

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #115
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
Great thread. Here's a picture of our first ever coach. It's a 2003 Revolution 40c. Only have had it a couple of months.

Attachment 80480

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Have to ask about the back story, why only a couple of months?

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #116

Our 02 Revolution we bought earlier this year
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1417709195808.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	80491  
wildirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #117

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
GlenLever,

We're new to the whole RV thing. We purchased our 03 Rev in October 2014 after searching for many months and learning about MHs via resources such as IRV2.

My bride of 37+ years had been bugging me about getting a MH for the last couple of years so we can see the Country. Mind you the last camping we did was 25+ years ago in a pop up camper which was a big step up from the tent camping we used to do.

The last that I remember she didn't care for it so I was perplexed why she was so focused on getting one. Come to find out her main issue with camping is she didn't like using the public shower/bath rooms. Can understand that as they can get nasty at times.

Still wasn't convinced she'd like camping until earlier this year. We had the good fortune to visit our oldest daughter in Alaska. She, her air force hubby, and the grand kids moved there in 2013. We spent a month with them and did a week's worth of camping with them in their 35ft toy hauler.

It definitely wasn't the camping I remember. It was real nice having a queen sized foam mattress, bathroom, shower, 46in HD TV, nice galley, etc. My wife enjoyed herself so off we go looking for a MH and finally decided on the Rev.

One other factor in this is my wife was diagnosed with lung cancer last year. Thankfully, we caught it very early and was taken care of by only surgery. No chemo or radiation therapy! She had type 1A cancer which means very, very small and localized. If you're going to get cancer, this is about the best one can hope for.

The reason I tell you this is not to garner sympathy. I tell you this because I clearly remember her telling me, "If I survive this cancer, I really want a MH so we can travel the country and see the great land of ours." How do you not fulfill that wish?

Anyway, hope that answers the question and look forward to participating on the forums!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #118
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
GlenLever,

We're new to the whole RV thing. We purchased our 03 Rev in October 2014 after searching for many months and learning about MHs via resources such as IRV2.

My bride of 37+ years had been bugging me about getting a MH for the last couple of years so we can see the Country. Mind you the last camping we did was 25+ years ago in a pop up camper which was a big step up from the tent camping we used to do.

The last that I remember she didn't care for it so I was perplexed why she was so focused on getting one. Come to find out her main issue with camping is she didn't like using the public shower/bath rooms. Can understand that as they can get nasty at times.

Still wasn't convinced she'd like camping until earlier this year. We had the good fortune to visit our oldest daughter in Alaska. She, her air force hubby, and the grand kids moved there in 2013. We spent a month with them and did a week's worth of camping with them in their 35ft toy hauler.

It definitely wasn't the camping I remember. It was real nice having a queen sized foam mattress, bathroom, shower, 46in HD TV, nice galley, etc. My wife enjoyed herself so off we go looking for a MH and finally decided on the Rev.

One other factor in this is my wife was diagnosed with lung cancer last year. Thankfully, we caught it very early and was taken care of by only surgery. No chemo or radiation therapy! She had type 1A cancer which means very, very small and localized. If you're going to get cancer, this is about the best one can hope for.

The reason I tell you this is not to garner sympathy. I tell you this because I clearly remember her telling me, "If I survive this cancer, I really want a MH so we can travel the country and see the great land of ours." How do you not fulfill that wish?

Anyway, hope that answers the question and look forward to participating on the forums!
That certainly has it's high and low points, glad your wife is doing better.

When I first read your post read it as bought a coach, had it for a few months and got rid of it, now I under stand the coach is still new to you.

Don't let it sit in the drive way. We have put 23,000 on ours since it was purchased August 2013.

This spring we are planning on wondering around mid west to east of the Rocky mountains

Old 12-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #119

Hey GlennLever....

During your "wondering" the mid-west this spring.. sure hope you get to make it to our neck of the woods... Wisconsin is a beautiful state to visit... Just make sure its LATE spring, or you might still see some white stuff laying around..

Great thread !!!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #120

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post

When I first read your post read it as bought a coach, had it for a few months and got rid of it, now I under stand the coach is still new to you.

Don't let it sit in the drive way. We have put 23,000 on ours since it was purchased August 2013.

This spring we are planning on wondering around mid west to east of the Rocky mountains
GlennLever,

I see how you can read my statement two ways. Either we bought it and got right of it or we got it and it's still new to us.

Definitely will heed your advice and not let it sit. In addition to shorter trips, we plan on heading out on a long trip in June. We'll wander through the Ohio valley area, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota to visit family and friends. After that, we'll point the Rev to the northwest and press on to Alaska!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Hey GlennLever....

During your "wondering" the mid-west this spring.. sure hope you get to make it to our neck of the woods... Wisconsin is a beautiful state to visit... Just make sure its LATE spring, or you might still see some white stuff laying around..

Great thread !!!
Oakcreekeric,
I grew up in north central Wisconsin. What part of the Cheese State are you living?

Also, I see in your signature you have a 2010 Ultra. I have an 07 Ultra. Currently, putting a lift on the back of the Rev so we can take the bike with us.

Take care!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #121

2002 Revolution 40CClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1418099132.006756.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	981.4 KB
ID:	80775

2002 Revolution

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Mike H 2002 Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #122
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mr. Dave, the Alaska trip is on our bucket list, start a thread and keep us informed.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #123

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
GleenLever,

Will do on starting a thread when we begin our journey in June 2015.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #124

Mr. Dave,

I'm from the Milwaukee area...

Congrats's on the new rig.. it's beautiful.. I've ALWAYS loved the Revolutions...

As of now.. I'm still a weekend warrior.. Someday, when the kids are grown and contributing members of society.. I hope to make it up to Alaska too... its probably tops on my bucket list for traveling..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #125

i went to Milwaukee this summer as part of a 6000 mile trip ( inlaws family live there) and yes it is beautiful plus the lighting storms are sure something that we don't see here in California
H20 Toie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 PM   #126

Vintage RV Owners Club
Still learning

Was told to post here. Still learning this thread thing. Here is a pic of our 1997 American Dream in the Blue Ridge Mountains in 2006.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Motorhome and jeep.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	709.0 KB
ID:	87679