Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #141

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Loving it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mv20146.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	91537  
Attached Images

TheBeachHous is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeachHous View Post
Loving it!!
Howdy neighbor, looks familiar!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1429191643469.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	91585  
wildirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #143

Still discovering things bout our new rig. Wanted a FRESH kitchen faucet filter and after taking apart the panels under the sink found that one was NEVER put in the loop. I now have a nice wall mounted GE filter under there were i can twist and change the cartridge. Managed to fit the beast into the rear yard of our NM house while we pack it up for the move this summer back to AZ.
AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #144

American Coach Owners Club
2001 American Tradition

I thinks I am in the right place,,, We just bought an 01 Tradition 40 TUS a week ago, and so we love it, only miles so far is bringing it home. About 400 miles,,,It only has 28,000 miles on it and we are looking forward to putting many more on it. We had a 30 ft AirStream Land Yacht, with no slide before, so the extra room is going to serve us well when we go back to Florida for 2 months this coming winter. Until then it will have to be some short trips to get used to it. Wish us luck!
Grandpa913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #145

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi all! We picked up our new (to us) 1998 American Tradition 40TVS on Saturday and LOVE it. I think we got a decent deal on it. It rode great the 400+ miles back home.

My list of immediate to-dos:
-reseal roof seams
-figure out why turn signals/hazards don't work
-remove closet and build bunks for kiddos (DD 3 y/o & DS 1 y/o)
-replace toilet

Can't wait to get these few things sorted out and go camping!
dlaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaughlin View Post
Hi all! We picked up our new (to us) 1998 American Tradition 40TVS on Saturday and LOVE it. I think we got a decent deal on it. It rode great the 400+ miles back home.

My list of immediate to-dos:
-reseal roof seams
-figure out why turn signals/hazards don't work
-remove closet and build bunks for kiddos (DD 3 y/o & DS 1 y/o)
-replace toilet

Can't wait to get these few things sorted out and go camping!
Congratulations!! I will take re-measuring the closet off my list as you now have a closet of your very own.

Well done....you will love the floorplan and design of your AC Tradition.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:04 AM   #147

ending maiden voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanTbird View Post
Still discovering things bout our new rig. Wanted a FRESH kitchen faucet filter and after taking apart the panels under the sink found that one was NEVER put in the loop. I now have a nice wall mounted GE filter under there were i can twist and change the cartridge. Managed to fit the beast into the rear yard of our NM house while we pack it up for the move this summer back to AZ.
Back to AZ today for two weeks then back on the road east to Indiana and pa on the kinfolk run.

My only frustration after our 1st week is the heating, cooling tstat seems wired wrong or just busted. Rear heat runs wild and front ac runs on high when set on low fan. (zones seem reversed on heat )

Having a fridge recall done bfr we go and will have them look at that and consider oil changes since I am not sure of hours and miles other then what I know of is 1200 on engine oil. Making a 3000 mi trip one way id feel better w fresh oil.
AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #148

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dlaughlin,

Congratulations! 98 was another great year for ACs. Making sure your seals are not compromised is one of the most important things you can do to insure a long life for your new coach. The factory recommends an inspection of all the seals every 90 days. Last year I had the factory strip and reseal the entire coach - it's a big but necessary job.

Safe travels.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #149

2015 Heritage anyone had a problem with the sensors on the black tank reading full and preventing the toilet from flushing when the tanks are almost empty
jerryhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #150

I have that problem on my 14 Eagle. Hold the flush button down for 5 or 6 seconds and the toilet will flush. You just have to be aware of how long you can go between dumps and not overfill your tank until you get it fixed.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #151

New to the 'club', 2004 Revolution

My wife and I just bought our first DP, a 2004 Revolution 40D, and we are loving it... despite some growing pains. For instance, the awning motor has always struggled and the other day I believe the strain was just too much and it stopped working (no click, hum or other sound) so I believe I blew the fuse. Well, I've looked everywhere and cannot find the fuse! The manual shows that one must be installed, but I haven't a clue where, do you?

Santa_Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #152

Never mind, I found it. Turns out the cabinet the control switch is in has a false back and the fuse and motor control are in there.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #153

Fleetwood Owners Club
Beautiful rig, Mr. Kringle!

Now if Santa wants to bring me a new American Coach for Christmas, I won't say no! 🎄
Old 05-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaughlin View Post
Beautiful rig, Mr. Kringle!

Now if Santa wants to bring me a new American Coach for Christmas, I won't say no! 🎄
Glad you are thrilled with your 98, small point in your signature you list your power as an ISC 8.3 engine. I think you will have the C8.3 mechanical engine in your Tradition just like my 98 Eagle. American Coach installed the ISC's starting in 1999 in most cases.

The C8.3 is a real workhorse with no electonics. It is a 12 valve vs the 24 valve ISC but due to no electronics extremely reliable.

Thought this might help when you are discussing any servicing or maintenance needs as service intervals do vary between the C8.3 and the ISC.

Also, additives that enhance fuel lubricity may be something you want to consider. ULSD did not even exist when our engines were designed and manufactured.

When I first bought my 98 Eagle..I thought it was an ISC so please take this information as intended....i.e. to be helpful.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!