Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2015, 08:08 AM   #155

American Coach Owners Club
Thetford Toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by exgman View Post
I have that problem on my 14 Eagle. Hold the flush button down for 5 or 6 seconds and the toilet will flush. You just have to be aware of how long you can go between dumps and not overfill your tank until you get it fixed.
We have a 2008 Revolution 40E and am having a problem with the TECMA electric/mascerator toilet in our rear bath. It has no power. Checked fuse and it is fine. Doesn't appear to have any other in line fuses. Connections feel tight in back of the toilet. It is almost impossible to see connections in back as toilet is so close to the wall. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
BrucFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #156

A list of owners may be good.

User name: BrucFitz
2008 American Revolution 40E
2014 Ford Escape toad
2011 Shelby GT 500
2006 Saleen 281 Extreme
1929 Ford Model A Custom Coupe
Old 05-16-2015, 10:59 PM   #157

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBoater View Post
Glad you are thrilled with your 98, small point in your signature you list your power as an ISC 8.3 engine. I think you will have the C8.3 mechanical engine in your Tradition just like my 98 Eagle. American Coach installed the ISC's starting in 1999 in most cases.

The C8.3 is a real workhorse with no electonics. It is a 12 valve vs the 24 valve ISC but due to no electronics extremely reliable.

Thought this might help when you are discussing any servicing or maintenance needs as service intervals do vary between the C8.3 and the ISC.

Also, additives that enhance fuel lubricity may be something you want to consider. ULSD did not even exist when our engines were designed and manufactured.
You are 100% correct. I was given incorrect information when I called Cummins, but just logged into QuickServe, and sure enough, 6C8.3. To me, this is WONDERFUL news, FormerBoater!

What sort of fuel additive would you recommend? Probably something different, but I'm a fan of LucasOil's injector cleaner. And, what is the purpose of the additive? Is ULSD by itself harmful?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaughlin View Post
You are 100% correct. I was given incorrect information when I called Cummins, but just logged into QuickServe, and sure enough, 6C8.3. To me, this is WONDERFUL news, FormerBoater!

What sort of fuel additive would you recommend? Probably something different, but I'm a fan of LucasOil's injector cleaner. And, what is the purpose of the additive? Is ULSD by itself harmful?
I use the Opti-lube Summer formula for increasing the lubricity of ULSD. It is the best low cost additive for improving lubricity per an independent test done a few years back. When the study was performed it was marketed as Opti-lube Summer Blend.

Opti-lube markets this product for lubricity, injector cleaning and boosting Cetane.

Opti-Lube Summer+ Diesel Fuel Improver | The best mix ratio in a Diesel Additive with Lubricity and Cetane

Glad you are pleased with the good news. If you use the Opti-lube it will help by preventing the lift pump problems that some folks have experienced with these trusty C8.3's running todays fuel.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:37 AM   #159

Fleetwood Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I sent a query wondering if American Coach could have a separate section on irv2, much like Jayco and Entegra. Also asked if the American Coach emblem could be put on so we could use the avatar. The moderator indicated they would try and put the emblem on and if there are enough to support a separate forum might be able to add American Coach! Any thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:43 AM   #160
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWTELLE View Post
I sent a query wondering if American Coach could have a separate section on irv2, much like Jayco and Entegra. Also asked if the American Coach emblem could be put on so we could use the avatar. The moderator indicated they would try and put the emblem on and if there are enough to support a separate forum might be able to add American Coach! Any thoughts?
This would be good, but people with project threads (Mine is 42 pages long) would have to have them moved to the new category.

I would almost like to see it go the other way, all the individual owners groups rolled over to the Class A, B, C forums

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:11 AM   #161

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Really enjoying this thread, and DO hope things work out for an American Coach separate forum on irv2 as suggested by Sawtelle.

We are currently in research phase, and hoping for a Tradition sometime this year. We still also want to tour the factory soon.

Thanks to all who post to this thread....some beautiful coaches, so many happy Ac owners here...hope to join you as an AC owner, too!

Safe travels to all
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #162
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Whether we create a stand-alone forum, a sub-forum (like under Thor) or make a prefix (like Coachmen & Bounder) there would be no problem moving threads. We do it all the time.

What we have to balance is too many forums which not only clutter our website but confuse members with too many options in which to post, with having too few forums making it difficult to quickly find information & overwhelming members with too much info to sift through in 1 place.

All brand owners want their own forum. Social Knowledge has several sister RV mfr specific forums available outside of iRV2...Airstream, Forest River, Jayco, HiLo, Thor...just to name a few. More can be found under the Other SK Communities section below...if ya can't get an answer here.

While we can't possibly have separate forums for all mfr/makes/models, we do research each request & constantly monitor threads for participation & sustained activity & take the appropriate action based on our findings.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:20 PM   #163

Spartan Chassis
Cool

Quote:
I actually believe we'd get more involvement with a dedicated section. I think many American Coach owners see the existing SOB sections, realize there is no dedicated section for American Coaches and think that there must not be many American Coach owners here, or our specific information will be difficult to locate, so they don't get involved and move on.

Perhaps with the realignment within the RV industry, it would be beneficial to realign the sections with an ARG section and the appropriate subsections for the respective product lines, as shown on the ARG homepage.

Just my 2 cents.

BrewE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:11 PM   #164

Fleetwood Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
There is an American Coach forum on Facebook and it is quite active with questions and comments. Keeping fingers crossed for irv2 because we've gotten so much information on here with motor homes we've had in the past and really like this forum. So many people willing to help with questions or problems!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #165

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
There is an American Coach forum on Facebook and it is quite active with questions and comments. Keeping fingers crossed for irv2 because we've gotten so much information on here with motor homes we've had in the past and really like this forum. So many people willing to help with questions or problems!
I agree, and I have tried Yahoo American Coach Form, but it is way too hard to follow for me and to research.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #166
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryan59 View Post
I agree, and I have tried Yahoo American Coach Form, but it is way too hard to follow for me and to research.
I agree on Yahoo, way to hard to follow

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:06 AM   #167

Also would love to see a dedicated forum for American
Old 07-09-2015, 06:08 AM   #168

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryan59 View Post
Same here, I don't use it.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote