Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Tradition Shocks Needed ASAP

I broke the connection on the top of my shock absorber on my tag axle while leveling. While driving home after the weekend, the tire heated up and went down. Before replacing the tire I need to replace the shock absorber. Does anyone know which shocks I need on a 2006 AC Tradition?
I'm on 301 in Maryland at the Nice Bridge. Somewhat urgent so that I can get this fixed on Monday since truck-stop doesn't seem to be too happy about me leaving my unit here overnight. (I have to go to work in morning)

Thanks for any info about the shocks.
Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #2

If is on a spartan 1800 543-4277 7am -11pm 7 days a week
Old 07-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the number. Called but he couldn't give me part numbers until tomorrow during day. My rig is at a truckstop for now so I guess I can wait until Monday am.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just to provide some more context, the top eye of one of my shocks gave away while my coach was auto leveling with air bags. There was a loud bang and the coach shook for a second and then it leveled out. About 45 mins into my return trip, the driver side tag tire went down. The shock was still connected but the eye was now opened rather than closed. I'm guessing that this is what caused tire to heat up and go down. There was no nail or anything in the tire. Note that this same tire had been repaired about a month earlier from a screw that I picked up at a campground. So at the end of the day, I had to replace the tire with a new one because the inside of the tire was so damaged. I already brought 6 new tires in Feb for the rear drives and tags so this really was unexpected. Expensive toys have expensive repairs. I'll replace the other shock also to ensure it doesn't give next time I auto level. And before anyone asks, the site was not that uneven and all my tires remain on the ground.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 AM   #5

Glad your on the road again
Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks rooster. Got to love these things even when they let us down. I'm at Lake Anna state park in Virginia this weekend. Got to enjoy the summer weekends before they are gone. Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rooster,
Are you based in Virginia? Just curious cause I think I've seen golf cart like your picture somewhere.

Tags
shocks