Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We don't have a Bounder but did have the TST 507 on our previous rig, a 2002 Dutch Star DP. I put the cap ones on the front as the flow throughs would have extended out too far for my liking. Used the flow throughs on the rears. No extensions but I did have the steel stems on the Alcoa's. Also had to get the repeater as Newmar adds extra metal around the rear axle area and signals couldn't get through. Never a problem after that. Bought batteries from Amazon and changed them for the summer season. Did have a couple monitors go bad though, last one was working fine when we traded the MH off.
Thanks; it seems that the TST's have a loyal following for the most part. The flow throughs sticking out too far on the front wheels is my concern, so I suppose we could do it the same way you did and put the flow-throughs on the rear wheels only.

I don't think we'll need the repeater since our Bounder is 34', but we'll see.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Thanks; it seems that the TST's have a loyal following for the most part. The flow throughs sticking out too far on the front wheels is my concern, so I suppose we could do it the same way you did and put the flow-throughs on the rear wheels only.

Mine stick out on the front but it doesn't bother me... they are what they are. And we have simulators. Our Bounder doesn't have the fancy wheels.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've got the 507 flow-throughs on our Bounder 35E Workhorse chassis with Alcoa wheels. If I remember I'll take some photos tomorrow...
Old 06-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
We've got the 507 flow-throughs on our Bounder 35E Workhorse chassis with Alcoa wheels. If I remember I'll take some photos tomorrow...
Thanks, Alan. Are you satisfied with the 507's?
Old 06-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sarah - I did not take a pic of my 507s since I have steel rims and wheel simulators. Won't help ya to see what ya don't have... lol.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sarah - I did not take a pic of my 507s since I have steel rims and wheel simulators. Won't help ya to see what ya don't have... lol.
No problem, Steve. I have read so many TPMS posts that my eyes are crossed. I'm beginning to think I should just replace sensors on our Doran system as they fail and get on with my life.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
No problem, Steve. I have read so many TPMS posts that my eyes are crossed. I'm beginning to think I should just replace sensors on our Doran system as they fail and get on with my life.
For the money... pretty sure I would find a way to make the 507s work. Just me though.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #22

Any Bounder Owners using the TST 507 TPMS?

Quote:

Hi Sarah!
I have the flow thrus on the coach. This is the front. Alcoa rims.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434316802.293093.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	97278
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Thanks, Alan. Are you satisfied with the 507's?
I've been happy with the 507s - it was easy to set up the system when I first installed it, and when I replaced the batteries earlier this year it took about 5 minutes, and it was ready to go. When I first turn the system on when we're ready to hit the road it takes a few minutes for all the sensors to report in, but once they're all live they seem pretty accurate.

Here's what the front wheel sensor looks like:

The sensor weighs about 12 grams so it doesn't really affect the balance of the tire.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:47 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hi Sarah!
I have the flow thrus on the coach. This is the front. Alcoa rims.
Attachment 97278
Thanks, Dave. Do you have them on the Jeep, too?
Old 06-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
I've been happy with the 507s - it was easy to set up the system when I first installed it, and when I replaced the batteries earlier this year it took about 5 minutes, and it was ready to go. When I first turn the system on when we're ready to hit the road it takes a few minutes for all the sensors to report in, but once they're all live they seem pretty accurate.

Here's what the front wheel sensor looks like:

The sensor weighs about 12 grams so it doesn't really affect the balance of the tire.
Thanks so much, Alan. So they just screw on without using any special tool? Do you lock yours on? How about your toad?
Old 06-15-2015, 05:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Thanks, Dave. Do you have them on the Jeep, too?

I have the non flow thru on the jeep. They don't extend out so far so they wint catch on stuff while off-road. I lock all of mine on. Never had them off the coach; no need unless I get new tires.
Cheers!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I have the non flow thru on the jeep. They don't extend out so far so they wint catch on stuff while off-road. I lock all of mine on. Never had them off the coach; no need unless I get new tires.
Cheers!
Thanks again, Dave. We take ours off because the Bounder sits in storage most of the time. It's covered storage, but open... so I'm afraid they might be taken or damaged if we left them on. Besides, it's supposed to save battery life to remove 'em, though that didn't seem to happen with the Doran.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #28

Well, anyone could steal mine any time I'm away from camp or in the dark of night, but they haven't. And mine are over a year old. Battery life is a nit, me thinks.
Happy Trails

Tags
bounder