Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #1

Any Fleetwood Bounder construction quality issues?

Wife and I are about to pull the trigger on a 2014 (new) Fleetwood Bounder 35k.

Really like everything about it except the TPO roof..

Is the quality on par with others such as winnebago and etc?

Thank you
Brandonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
Community Administrator

I had a Winnebago and an 08 Bounder 35E. I'd say the quality are similar. I loved the TPO roof. The fiberglass roof on my Winnebago was a very thin sheet and it came out of the J track on the sides a few times. One member recently lost the entire piece.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I had a Winnebago and an 08 Bounder 35E. I'd say the quality are similar. I loved the TPO roof. The fiberglass roof on my Winnebago was a very thin sheet and it came out of the J track on the sides a few times. One member recently lost the entire piece.
wow that's crazy..

Yeah the only thing about TPO that scares me is low hanging limbs. I've heard they can be damaging. There are some in my parents neighborhood that I go to. They are not big limbs though just drooping sticks..

I really don't find many people talking bad about the bounder that's why I'm asking. I really like the way they look and it has a ton of bells and whistles and options that I can certainly get use to.

Just wondering if people had any + or - with them as we plan on keeping this thing for a good while.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #4

I have TPO roof on mine and have scraped it on many low tree branches without any damage.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macantic View Post
I have TPO roof on mine and have scraped it on many low tree branches without any damage.
great to know.

Pulling the trigger today
Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Congrats on your soon to be Bounder ownership & welcome to the FW family. The Bounder (regular, not the Classic) is an excellent bang for your money. Our TPO has been scraped by quite a few branches over the past 9 years w/no damage. We inspect it at least once yearly, seal any cracks & it's very easy to clean. I found those cheap beach shoes you can get this time of year at WM are the best for not sliding around on a wet roof when cleaning - plus they don't scratch it (I don't walk on anything but the roof in them).

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrv View Post
Is the quality on par with others such as winnebago and etc?
Yes! And better quality than many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrv View Post
Pulling the trigger today
I hope you love your new Bounder as much as we love ours. We have not regretted our purchase in 2 1/2 years and would buy it again. Be sure to post some pics of your new RV!!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #8

Thats great news about the TPO roof!

Yeah we are super excited. Picking it up on Tuesday

Been looking for months at various things and just really like everything about this unit. Couldn't pass it up.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hope you love youR Bounder as much as we do! Got our 2012 35k last April. We really like it. We have made a few changes to make it more to our liking..but the quality is very good, and we love the floor plan. Favorite part is the fireplace!! Here's to years of fun and memories!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Be sure you post pics. We LOVE pics here.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #11

My 2014 Bounder 35k came with a few minor problems. All fixed by dealer. Biggest problem was a roof leak where satellite cables entered roof. All other problems were minor and more than half of them may have been caused by people going through the motorhome while it was on the dealer's lot.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy camping!

Jim

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpjp View Post
My 2014 Bounder 35k came with a few minor problems. All fixed by dealer. Biggest problem was a roof leak where satellite cables entered roof. All other problems were minor and more than half of them may have been caused by people going through the motorhome while it was on the dealer's lot.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy camping!

Jim

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Interesting. I'll make sure and ask them to check all the roof seals.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrat's welcome to the FW family! Lots of Bounder owners here with great help for any questions!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Love my '14 35k. On your walkthrough make them fill up the water tank completely. Then check 2 things; not dripping from the overflow, and that the tank level indicator reads full. If it is dripping you will start to see a puddle below the tank on the ground. These are 2 things several of us have found to be an issue. Not a huge issue, but one to be aware of.

I just returned from the Fleetwood service center and they modified the overflow to make a p-trap. Congrats on your new coach!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, quality