Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #1

Anyone happy with their Excursion?

I just bought a 33a 2013 excursion and have been following on this forum alot of negative post. Just wanted to know if there are any satisfied owners out there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #2

just interested in positive responses.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:07 PM   #3

Don't know if this fits your request, but I bought a used 2005 39L last year. As with anything "used" there are usually items that the previous owner lived with but the new owner cant. I spent the usual $$$ getting a full service check from Freightliner/Catepillar, put on 6 new tires, and took it on a trip from Seattle to Orlando and enjoyed almost every mile of the 7,000-mile journey. Had a cooling fan bearing failure that took a week for parts to arrive, but made it safely home.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #4

Sounds almost like buyers regret to me! I know of a large number of happy Excursion owners. I think you will find negative posts on all makes and models of RV's out there! We are more than happy with our full slide Discovery. Put 30K on her last two years so I do have a tad bit of experience under my belt. Can't speak for the Excursion owners but I'm sure many more owners will chime in.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:36 AM   #5

Yes, we are satisfied with our 2015 33D.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:51 AM   #6

I like my 2015 33D. There are lots of little things I wish were different or made better, but it is a lot of RV for the money. I could probably jump in a million dollar coach and wish some things were different. I never feel out of place pulling into an RV resort or campground. I think 10.5 MPG fully loaded and towing a Jeep JK Unlimited is incredible. I have not found a mountain I cannot get over. I think my next step is swapping shocks to find a better ride. Adjusting tire pressure helped, but it is still rough when hitting a less than perfect roadway. The stock mattress needs to go soon. It definately was a cost cutting measure that detracts from my enjoyment. Even with these changes, I am still probably $50k below the next best option. Enjoy your Excursion.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiel View Post
I just bought a 33a 2013 excursion and have been following on this forum alot of negative post. Just wanted to know if there are any satisfied owners out there.
I just bought a 2014 33A excursion. I looked for two years before finally get this one. I'm so happy with it. The floor plan for us is by far the best. Any coach you get may have issues from time to time. This is our first RV so we are still learning things. Over all I just love it.
We also bought an extended warranty.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We enjoy our 2014 33D. The floor plan fits us perfectly. We feel it is a lot of coach for the money.
Droski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #9

We have a 2015 35B bought new. So far happy with it - floor plan is right for us. Put 9K miles on it so far Have had a few problems that have been covered under warranty - main slide rollers had to be replaced (too small), dash area work (insulation added, squeaks, dash molding, 12v receptacles), front exterior compartments filled with water. Vacuum generator went bad. On latest trip, the front leveling valve quit working, freightliner customer service found a nearby truck repair facility who sent out a mobile tech to replace it. Plus a bunch of other little stuff. All that said, we like the coach and glad we purchased it. Once out of manufacturer's warranty, small stuff will be up to us and have extended warranty for the big stuff.
Rick
Old 10-09-2016, 05:56 AM   #10

thanks for the positive responses. we are looking forward to a new adventure. we were sail boaters before so know things break .
Old 10-25-2016, 02:43 PM   #11

Also have an 05 excursion, bought used three years ago and have been full time ever since. Average break downs ( alt. And water pump replaced) small ect. Not much more than a couple months s&b payments I don't see as overboard. So big yes satisfied. Does help I can do most maintaince myself, oil, filters, thermostats ect.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #12

We also bought the 2013 33a....wife loves it...the only thing we wish it had was a bedroom slide..but for the two of us, it works! The dealer sucked, bought the warranty (ouch) but got an obsolete satellite dish replaced, surge protector/switch and lots of smaller things...and it fits in my driveway...swapped out those curtains for day/night blinds and in the rest of the rig...all we need now is time to travel...4 more years!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 2014 35B and love it.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:11 PM   #14

Bought a used 2008 Excursion 40X 2 months ago. Love it!!! have had to replace house batteries, re-plumb outside kitchen sink,replaced Voyager monitor, polished aluminum wheels to a chrome sheen and sealed them and in process of removing mildewed Diamond Shield with steam and contractors solvent. Also used Sylvania light restore kit and all look brand new. About to go on a month long 3,500 mile trip in September.
PS, bought at Lazy Days Tampa, won't do that again!!! Large place but a rudderless ship. People nice when you can get hold of them!!!