Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #1

Anyone own a 97 Pace Arrow out there???

After getting lots of great help with my jack/battery problems someone replied to one of my posts wondering if there was any 97 pace owners out there that could help me to understand if my chassis battery is charged while plugged into shore power. I would love to find this out and to find more owners of my same mh. So if you are out there please give me a hoooooolllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr all the way to Utah! That was an echo from the Rocky mountains
newrvlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
I had a '98 Pace that I traded in 5 years ago. It trickle charged from shore power and also from a factory installed (small) solar panel mounted on the top of the roof AC unit. Don't know if you have one, but the solar panel also gave a small trickle charge, it worked really well.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrvlady View Post
After getting lots of great help with my jack/battery problems someone replied to one of my posts wondering if there was any 97 pace owners out there that could help me to understand if my chassis battery is charged while plugged into shore power.
Best way to tell if your MH charges the chassis battery would be to hook up a digital volt meter to the chassis battery. Check the voltage when the RV is not plugged into the power pole, then plug in the coach and note the difference.

Example would be 12.7 volts measured at chassis battery (fully charged) without MH plugged in.
13.2 volts when connected to power pole. This would indicate a maintenance charge on the chassis battery.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Smile

Hey newrvlady! I have a '95 but I am in Utah. Does that count for something??
ZMasterFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #5

Thats the way my 2002 works also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadbluesman View Post
I had a '98 Pace that I traded in 5 years ago. It trickle charged from shore power and also from a factory installed (small) solar panel mounted on the top of the roof AC unit. Don't know if you have one, but the solar panel also gave a small trickle charge, it worked really well.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #6

Cool. Do you ever have problems with your chassis battery going dead even when it is plugged into house power?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMasterFish View Post
Hey newrvlady! I have a '95 but I am in Utah. Does that count for something??
Hello. It is fun to meet someone in Utah. Do you ever have problems with your chassis battery going dead even when plugged in? Also, Do you have any great campgrounds you like in Utah?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 98 Pace Arrow. You do have a charge going to your chassis battery while plugged in. If your battery is low on water it could cause a charging problem. Check the water level in your battery.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hello. It is fun to meet someone in Utah. Do you ever have problems with your chassis battery going dead even when plugged in? Also, Do you have any great campgrounds you like in Utah?
To be fair, I've only had the coach out once since it is new to us. That was last October. No problems at all even through the winter. Cranks every time I get into it. I use the battery disconnects when the coach is parked. In fact I had all the batteries checked yesterday (under load) and all is well.

We are going to Rockport State Park at the end of the month. We went to Deer Creek State Park last October and enjoyed it (uncrowded). Will be sure to let you know as we will try to go to different places.

Go to ReserveAmerica.com and check out what's available for your rig and the time you want to go.
ZMasterFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #10
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
After getting lots of great help with my jack/battery problems someone replied to one of my posts wondering if there was any 97 pace owners out there that could help me to understand if my chassis battery is charged while plugged into shore power. I would love to find this out and to find more owners of my same mh. So if you are out there please give me a hoooooolllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr all the way to Utah! That was an echo from the Rocky mountains
Just a tip newrvlady, it's always better to stay with the same post regarding an issue. It gives the members a better opportunity to follow what has been said in order to offer more information. You can always add a new title for your added questions under the same post. This will also make it easier for you to follow and digest the comments presented.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #11

96 Pace Arrow Vision

Hi I have 96 Pace Arrow, no problems, use the solar tickle charger. also when I plug in I switch off the battery for start up. Went five days no problems. If your starting battery gets week, you can start with your coach batterys.
Ron Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Just a tip newrvlady, it's always better to stay with the same post regarding an issue. It gives the members a better opportunity to follow what has been said in order to offer more information. You can always add a new title for your added questions under the same post. This will also make it easier for you to follow and digest the comments presented.
Ya, I figured that out after I had the same comment from others. You can tell I am new
Old 05-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your Pace Arrow BCC is designed to charge the chassis battery and the house batteries from shore power. You would have to measure the battery voltage while plugged in (and again while not plugged in) to see if it is working as designed.

DO NOT turn the battery disconnect switch, for the house batteries, OFF while you are plugged to shore power, or neither battery will charge.
Old Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote