RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Approaching our Revolution dream

Hi all - Just wanted to check in with some info about us. 10 plus years of RV looking and learning has led us to this point. Most of that time we were focused on the Dutch/Northern Stars until we saw and learned the story behind the Revolution. We both loved the bath and a half and when we found out the pedigree (Indiana craftsmen) we changed our outlook.
We both love to travel. We love to learn. AND, we travel well together! What could be better than that?

The year to buy has finally arrived. Becky retires next Spring after almost 30 years of teaching 5th, 6th and 7th graders (similar to herding Taliban children). I am ready to hit the road after a lifetime divided between professional music (writing/arranging/playing), piano tuning and driving.

We are looking for that one-of-a-kind, lovingly cared-for Revolution 40e. '05, '06 or '07. Can't wait to lay our eyes on THE one for us! We'll buy next Spring unless something extraordinary comes along earlier. (BTW: We appreciate EVERY idea or experience you might share that could help us!)

I was thankful to find this group that communicates so regularly and with lots of tips and insights. God willing, we look forward to many days of happy travels ahead... along with the challenges that come with it.

Waiting in His wings,
Dave & Becky Cook

dbdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We love ours... We only have one bath in the 38x LE, but are glad not to have to give up the extra room.
Good luck with you search.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:48 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a 05 Rev 40E on a Sparten Chassis, great motorhome, you'll love it. Was just a little big for me and the dog.
I havean 04 Rev 38B on a Freightliner and love it. I don't think you can go wrong with a Revolution.
Enjoy your future travels.
Brian
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We have the 42G and absolutely love it! Hope you find yours soon!
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Thanks!

Thanks, all, for the kind welcome. I am already sending out feelers. Hopefully something will turn up in the coming months.
Dave
Old 08-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome, you'll love your Rev.!

Dbdreamers, welcome! I know you'll love the Rev. I own a Providence 42m one step down but really not a lot of difference especially with the 2012 house and chassis. In fact I've had two FW coaches! CS is great and the coach is a pleasure to drive. I'm one of the fortunate ones, IMHO as we got one of the last Spartan MM chassis's before ARG went totally with Freightliner. I love the 42g floor plan Sawtelle! Had a deposit on a leftover 2014 42G but just could not get the trade value I wanted for the Providence. So she stays and were on the road enjoying life.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Taking a look!

We'll be taking a look at a '06 Revolution 40E weekend after Labor Day. If it is as nice as it looks... it is a beauty with a great price. We'll see. BTW: I'm reading a lot of RVers blogs. I can't tell... if you are expecting considerable rain overnight, do you pull in your slides just to avoid the extra leakage potential?
Old 09-02-2015, 05:16 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've never had a problem with leakage. I worry more about the wind. The slide toppers in a strong wind will flop around. I have over the years a couple of times, brought the slides in because of the high winds.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:50 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree leakage is not an issue as long as the slide top membranes are sealed and maintained. Many owners including DW and I have cleaned and installed Eternabond to the slide top seams as a preventative measure. I had two leaks on both ends of the FWS. Eternabond is a great product for RV'ers. Main problem is blowing rain under the topper then when retracted you put on the brakes and a cold waterfall baths your back! Many have solved this lack of wiper engineering by simply placing used bath towels on the topper absorbing the rainwater. Note, be sure to remove them before extending slides. Also the shorter the slide projects outward the less chance of water under the topper. Hope this tip on the top helps.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
A trick I learned was if there is water pooled on slides, before you bring in the slides, raise the front jacks enough to let it run off.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #11

Before you buy a Revolution you might want to look at the high end models like the Eagle, or Tradition ...you will be impressed. The Revolution is nice however.

2001 American Eagle 40 US 8.9 ISL, towing 1999 Cherokee or 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 with Polaris RZR in the back.
Jimalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=Jimalberta;2739093]Before you buy a Revolution you might want to look at the high end models like the Eagle, or Tradition ...you will be impressed. The Revolution is nice however.
QUOTE]

The Rev did not become part of AC until a few years ago. We are on our second AC. JMHO, but there appears to be a pretty good difference between the Rev and the others, but not so much between the Trad, Eagle and Heritage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
A trick I learned was if there is water pooled on slides, before you bring in the slides, raise the front jacks enough to let it run off.
Or get on the roof and sweep the water off...that's what I used to do.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have owned our 2007 LE 40E for two years. Its our first coach, and really enjoy it.
When we were shopping this coach came on the market, and made the deal. It was priced a little more than some we were looking at, but its also alot more coach.

I changed the fridge to the samsung, and mounted a mid ship TV.
The bath and a half is a very nice feature (We like it). The only thing that we noticed is there is not a whole lot of room at the foot of the bed to get to the back. Don't get me wrong, it's fine, but an extra slide in bedroom would be nice.

Apart from normal maintenance, battery's, tires oil changes, it has been a very good coach to us.
Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #14

Spartan Chassis
Saw the Rev last weekend

Well, we spent 2 hours looking at and going over a beautiful '06
Revolution LE40E. It was all and more than what I had seen from the pictures. In much better condition, for its age, than ANY coach we had looked at. And a terrific price! Now, facing up to the reality of what we are
thinking about doing!! Terrifying and exciting all at the same time. I think my wife will be challenged to her core to do this. Did many of you deal with the "are we crazy" feelings? The fact that the economy is so volatile isn't helping our resolve.