Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Are There Any Bounder Owners In The House .....

OK - Let's hear from you guys. It's time to break the ice.

<font color=blue>03 Winnebago 38G/Workhorse W22 "¢ 22.5" Tire "¢ Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Aventa II "¢ Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters
"We Will "¢ 343 "¢ Never Forget"</font color>

<font color=red>88 "¢ Robert Yates Racing "¢ 38
</font color>
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2003, 08:12 AM   #2

OK Driver,
Here's one Owned our 96/97 since December, 1999 and still love it. Looked a t a lot of motorhomes, a lot of them much fancier, and still haven't found a layout as suited to us as this one
Loren

'97 Bounder, 32H, Chevy 454; ipd, Bilsteins, Air Lift, Banks, Solar.
'97 Ford Explorer toad with K&N & Bilsteins.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:22 AM   #3

Yep, I have one also. Price/performance wise I fell in love with it, Bought it new (unusual for us. Serves our needs well. We tow a Nissan PU or a pontoon boat depending on our mood. I have no gripes with the unit or the service I've received. Art

1996 Bounder 28T
---P* VXPP58A---
Old 12-24-2003, 01:03 PM   #4

Well you got me back with this forum being that I am partial to bounders...If I had a winnie I would be partial to those too. We do, as you can see below, have a 36ft.bounder with 8.1 engine, and w22 workhorse chassis..We bought it new the 1st of Oct this yr. We have been to RV shows, climbed in and out of multitudes of MHs over the last couple of years..MBH took one walk through this one and that was it..I, only through irv2, have gained invaluable information on the Workhorse chassis.
Now we can learn more about what sits on that chassis....We have only 300 miles on this rig and in about 3 weeks we will drive it to Florida for a couple of months...I have no added features on the bounder..wanted to run it as is for awhile to get to know it better and then I will be able to see the differences with enhencements..
Thank you again to the management for adding Bounders to the site..
"Let the Kangaroos bound"
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
2003 Bounder 36D W/Toad 2000 Mitsubishi Galant.

[This message was edited by "Bill" on Wed December 24 2003 at 08:21 PM.]
quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 10:38 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have '98 Bounder 34J on a '99 Ford chassis. We love ours! We tow a '97 Suzuki Sidekick. We have taken the Bounder and its toad all over the western states. Our two most memorable trips were to the Rockies in Colorado and to Alaska. We took six weeks this year and drove to Alaska. We drove the Top of the World Highway and the Cassiar Highway. The Bounder held up with no problems but one. We ingested a fair amount of dust into the rig from various openings underneath. I took an extra day at one campground and caulked the holes where the pipes and cables go through the floor, caulked the seal where the siding connected to the frame and that seemed to solve the problem. I found that the Top of the World Highway was VERY washboard and I could only drive 10 to 15 mph and was still shaking the whole RV so I tried driving faster like I have done in a car. It smoothed right out if I drove about 35 mph! Anyway, no tire problems or other mechanical problems. The rig drove great over the 11,000 foot passes in Colorado also. In fact I got better gas mileage driving slower over these passes than I got on the freeways across Idaho and Utah. I have proven to myself several times now that the blunt front end sucks gas when you go fast. In fact I now prefer to drive the state highways rather than the freeways becasue I can go a little slower and there is generally much less traffic and much better scenery.

Anyway, we love our Bounder! We have no complaints about either its power or handling. We will buy another if it has the floorplan and colors that we want when the time comes.

Doug
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #6

I have a new bounder...There are no window awnings on it...It does have a cloth type material for the canopy..
I know there are two types of material for awnings...acyrlic and vynle.. So I am guessing, since I didn't find it in the owners material, that I have an acyrlic canopy...
I would like to know if anyone has any info on window awnings.. Not the one touch jobs, too high priced...My hands and arms still work.
Any suggestions.....I'll get them now and put them on myself when we get to Florida.
Thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR
Bill.

Old 12-26-2003, 04:33 PM   #7

Bill
We have the A&E 9000 awnings on ours. These are the ones with the metal covers that wrap around the awning when rolled up. Bought them at Camping World when they were on sale with discounted installation. We like these because the metal covers protect the material when rolled up.
Loren

'97 Bounder, 32H, Chevy 454; ipd, Bilsteins, Air Lift, Banks, Solar.
'97 Ford Explorer toad with K&N & Bilsteins.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:53 PM   #8

Hey all,

The bank owns mine, I just get to use it. It's a 2000 34D. I have had it since April. Really enjoy it alot.Glad they got the new owners group.

Have a Happy New Year

2000 Bounder 34D
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 04:46 AM   #9

Hey Bill, I am not a Bounder Owner, but I am on my third Motorhome. A&E is my only choice for awnings.
If, while you are in FL, you end up near any of the Fl Boomer Rallies please feel free to join us. We always love to meet you RV Snowbirds. Check us out in the Florida Region of The Regional Chapters section.
Good luck with your new Bounder.

Lou & Robin Mitchell
2001 36W Itasca Sunflyer
Yellow Lab."Chloe", a Fat Cat "Grey", a Cockatiel "Pepper", African Grey "Newt"; blue Fronted Amazon "Rio", and Green Cheeked Conure " Max"

All animals except humans know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it.
Samuel Butler

Old 12-27-2003, 07:12 AM   #10

There is an RV dealer near us that handles
Faulkner awnings....I'll check on Monday with them to see if they can get the A&E's. I'll match their price with camping world.
Looks like A&E is the most popular. Thank You for the information.
HAPPY NEW YEAR From Thea and Bill.

Old 01-04-2004, 12:26 PM   #11

I just purchased mine in Oct 2003 just in time to winterize it. It is a 94 34J and can't wait for spring so we can use it.

Richard & Roxanne
94 Bounder 34J F53
93 Chevy S10 Blazer 4X4 Toad
VIP Towbrake Remco
AB7OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:36 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, this is my first post. Just registered. We do own (with bank) a 2001 Bounder 36s,Ford v10,Ford Chassis, and as many goodies as we could get on it. We bought it in Arizona 2002 and cant wait for retirement. Had a 1996 Southwind prior. Love the slide on the Bounder. It is a gas to meet other Bounder owners when we camp.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:50 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bounder4rfun:
Well, this is my first post.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What took you so long getting here, we had to start without you!!!

Thanks for joining in the fun here on iRV2 and we'll look forward to reading all about your adventures in your Bounder motorhome. Please make yourself at home.

<font color=blue>03 Winnebago 38G/Workhorse W22 "¢ 22.5" Tire "¢ Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Aventa II "¢ Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters
"We Will "¢ 343 "¢ Never Forget"</font color>

<font color=red>88 "¢ Robert Yates Racing "¢ 38
</font color>
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #14

Another Bounder owner here. Bought ours in June 2003. Love the new toy. 1997 34V F-53 w/tag/ tow 97 Ford Ranger. Winterize What's That?. Did a 2 week trip around Christmas New Year. Going again next weekend. Love that old saying down here in Texas If you don't like the weather wait a few minutes it'll change. Buddy

Buddy,Susan & Cricket
97 Bounder 34V

05 37U Bounder Diesel
Buddy W. is offline   Reply With Quote