Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #1

Hello
I have a 05 terra 32s on the workhorse chassis. My problem is after coming back from my last trip I went to disconnect the batteries using the disconnect switches and they didn't do anything. Normally I can hear them switch on and off, but no sound and change in power. Everthing else seems to be working ok.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #2

Hello
I have a 05 terra 32s on the workhorse chassis. My problem is after coming back from my last trip I went to disconnect the batteries using the disconnect switches and they didn't do anything. Normally I can hear them switch on and off, but no sound and change in power. Everthing else seems to be working ok.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:36 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Check for a blown fuse or loose connection in the BCC (Battery Box) under the hood. Usually mounted on the firewall on the drivers side. The two large solenoids you will see are the disconnects. I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if there are fuses in the circuitry.

You might also, carefully, remove the disconnect switch from the wall and check the connectors for being tight. I've found connectors loose where they press onto the pins on the switches in the past.

Bob
'04 Pace Arrow Workhorse Chassis
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:47 AM   #4

I agree with wa0mqe a blown fuse. That is the problem I had with mine. There is a small, I think 7.5amp fuse that is in the BCC that is the problem.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #5

Ok, thanks had a feeling would be a fuse, but didnt see one in the fuse box for it. I think I know the box you are talking about, will check tonight
Old 09-27-2005, 05:17 PM   #6

It is the fuse, opened the battery control box and the 5 amp fuse is blown. Problem is, I replace it and it blows again. So I guess this is a warranty issue and will be taking it to the dealer. Thanks for your help
Old 10-02-2005, 04:38 AM   #7

Yes I agree, any electrical problem(s) on something new should go directly to your dealer.
Do not try moving up from a 5 amp fuse to get by and use something bigger unless the owners manual says 10, 15 or 20 amp fuse is what should be there in the first place.

Mike.
6MISFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote