Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #1

Battery shut off fuse. Pace Arrow 36 D 2007

one of my battery shut off switchs quit working, it's been working great until now. is there a fuse? I can't fine one. it's the main switch.....2007 pace arrow 36 D

thanks
leadfoot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #2

Are you referring to the "salesman" switch?

This switch activates a DC shut off relay. Did you measure voltage at the switch? (both sides when on and one side when off)
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #3

Yes the dc power to the coach.........thanks for the tip I'll try that.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #4

no power to the switch......ether side
Old 03-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #5

Ok now you need to look for the reason no voltage is seen on the salesman switch.

1. What voltage is measured on the batteries?

2. Are all the connections clean and tight? (Clean and tighten)

Your initial thought is good, that line from the main DC relay coil must be fused, but after doing 1&2 above, find the main DC cutoff relay and measure the voltage on both sides of that relay coil. It should have the same DC voltage on each side if it is not energized. I suspect the switch would complete the circuit to ground, but perhaps it applies voltage.

You could also bypass the relay contacts, thus putting DC to the coach. If the two large wires are put on the same terminal, the relay would be bypassed.

If this works, you still have additional trouble shooting to do but at least you will have things working.

Do you have a schematic for your coach?

Good luck
Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Leadfoot3, do you know if you have a RV-Custom Products BCC, or an Intellitec model? Do you have a wiring diagram for it? I can provide either.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulong View Post
Leadfoot3, do you know if you have a RV-Custom Products BCC, or an Intellitec model? Do you have a wiring diagram for it? I can provide either.

I don't know what model it is, and the only wiring diagram I have is on the back of the fuse panel.........unfortunately I can't see the offending solenoid as it is behind the fuse panel, but I can check the bus bar and both sides of the relay........thanks for the help.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #8

In my 2005 36D, the BCC is just above the propane tank, which is in the compartment on the passenger side, between the door and the front wheel.
Might want to check the fuses there.

Jim
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot3 View Post
I don't know what model it is, and the only wiring diagram I have is on the back of the fuse panel.........unfortunately I can't see the offending solenoid as it is behind the fuse panel, but I can check the bus bar and both sides of the relay........thanks for the help.
What you are calling a "fuse Pane" IS the "BCC". The make and model should be stated on the cover or the circuit board. I won't bother sending a detailed schematic diagram for it unless you know how to read one. My diagrams do have troubleshooting procedure with them though. Good luck
Old 03-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #10

My BCC is located in the engine compartment, right side - It is a "black box" with 2 tabs located - top and bottom - which allow access to the "guts" - Inside is a circuit board for your inspection --

My coach is a 2003 Pace Arrow - 37A with 8.1 Vortec - hope this helps --
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #11

found it............the ignition switch was on accessory, turned it off and the main battery shut of switch started working again..............thanks for all the help.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot3 View Post
found it............the ignition switch was on accessory, turned it off and the main battery shut of switch started working again..............thanks for all the help.
Say what? The coach ignition switch is related to your house battery disconnect switch????!!!!!.

Totally confused.

But good you are working anyway,
Old 03-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libero View Post
Say what? The coach ignition switch is related to your house battery disconnect switch????!!!!!.

Totally confused.

But good you are working anyway,
The OP did not say "house batteries" would not disconnect. There is an ignition interlock in the RV-CP BCC that prevents accidental disconnect of the chassis battery if the ignition is ON any setting other than OFF.

The newer versions of the BCC will immediately "connect" both house and chassis batteries when the ignition is turned ON.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #14

Loulong

He confirmed it was the "salesman switch" I have never seen one that disconnects the chassis battery.

But there is always a first time.

Tags
fuse, battery, pace arrow