Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #1

Bedroom carpet is wet...slide is out

Went out to the RV this morning and noticed parts of the carpet in the bedroom was wet. It is wet at end of the bed and around the bed on the bathroom side. I have had the slides out during football season and it has rained but this is first time I have noticed wet carpet. Just purchased the 2006 Revolution LE in October. Its at home now and we have have pretty good rains over the last 2 days. I also noticed my fresh water tank is losing water without anything turned on. Im fixing to remove all the covers I can in that compartment and see what I can find. I have read where the seals can go bad on the slides but just was putting it out there in case anyone else has experienced this problem before.
shajoe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #2

Was it level or pitch so the rain ran towards MH? Could have a plumbing leak above the floor level since carpet got wet does the water pump turn off or cycle?
Old 12-03-2018, 05:01 PM   #3

Its in the driveway. I manually leveled it instead of using the auto selection. Water pump is not running. I have been reading possible causes from doing a search and will look at those tomorrow. When I am at ballgames I have been using auto leveling so that very well maybe the problem this one time. As far as losing water in fresh water tank with pump off I'll have to research that also one step at a time. Thanks
Old 12-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #4

While the slide is retracted feel along the top of the inside of the slide. There should be a gasket that compresses against the wall when the slide is extended. Took me 3 years of slide leaking to finally find it and solve the leak
Old 12-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
I found some water in our American Tradition during the retraction of the slide outs after it has been raining. Now I bring the slide outs in only half way to let the water run off. Haven't had it happen again.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found something similar. We had 6 hours of steady and sometimes heavy rain. There was a wet spot in the carpet on the side of the bed near the end of the slide.

I looked and looked for where it was coming from. It was dry everywhere around the inside of the slide, both top and side. Everywhere except the Base of the slide seal. There was a very small gap near the bottom of the seal, and the water worked it way in.

I found that the direction of the rain that day, directly at that side of the slide and that tiny gap caused the problem. Not much I could do about it during the rain other than try to slow it down with a rag. Hours and hours running heaters to dry it out. I'll try and fill the gap with a sealant.
kf6ybl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #7

Upon further investigation I found the water source. Water is pouring in from bottom of window in bedroom slideout. I have googled cleaning out weep holes and did that. Will see if problem is solved.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just went thru 1 day of 6" pouring rain in FL. All was good until 24 hours later, a pin hole in the ceiling of our FWS was dripping onto the counter. Bucket time.
Next day the entire top of the slide was covered in water. It had come in thru the open ends of the slide topper.
Went to Home Depot and bought a bottom garage door seal, it is very flexible and strong.
Found holes in the top outside corner of the slide seals Cut and fit a small portion of the garage seal to cover both holes.
Then screwed a 24" long garage seal to the top width of the slide to reduce rain intrusion.
It's Florida many tests coming soon.

Tags
carpet, slide