Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #1

Bedroom repair?

I have a 2017 Bounder 35K. A couple months ago the slides quit due to a faulty safety relay. A tech came and over rode the bedroom slide and closed it for us. We took the coach in and had the relay replaced.

Last week we were looking under the bed and I can see 2 bolts in the top end of the bed stand/base and two more at the foot of it. These are about 7/16" bolts just looking at them. The two bolts at the top are just about pulled through the plywood panel and the two at the foot are pulled as well but not as bad.

On further inspection I can see where the bed stand/base the rear (left side of the bed) has raised from the floor about 3/4"-1".

Anyone else have this issue?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #2

I should of taken pics but forgot.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #3

Here are some pics. I can't find anything on how this slide operates. I am thinking it what is called an above floor slide.

The pic of the bolts is lousy, but they appear to be pulling through the bed frame. These bolts are located inside the bed storage box. The pic is of the bolts at the foot of the bed. The bolts on the other side look much worse but I couldn't get a good pic.

The concern is the gaps. The rear side has about 1" of gap and the front has a small gap. Everything seems solid, but I know this ain't right.

The slide seems to go in and out okay, not odd noises etc.
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #4

BTW, the round gray thing you see through the gap in #2 is the slide motor.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:25 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
I have a 2017 Bounder 35K. A couple months ago the slides quit due to a faulty safety relay. A tech came and over rode the bedroom slide and closed it for us.
Not had problems with my bedroom slide - don't get me started on the living/dining room slide though.

Curious... how/where did the tech override the relay? I've not been able to figure out how/where to manually bring the slide in if it failed automatically.
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynch763 View Post
Not had problems with my bedroom slide - don't get me started on the living/dining room slide though.

Curious... how/where did the tech override the relay? I've not been able to figure out how/where to manually bring the slide in if it failed automatically.
He did it by jumping wires in the BBC. There’s a big plug he separated and did it there.
Doing the manual method is not possible as you can’t get at the motor due to its location. I’m going to see if I can incorporate some sort of access panel so I can get a wrench in there and close it.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynch763 View Post

The living area slide is not too difficult to bring in manually but you really need 3 people. One person on each motor with a ratchet and 3/4" socket and the third person with a tape measure directs them so it goes in evenly.

I am pretty sure the motor on the bedroom slide is of similar function to bring in manually, release the brake and crank it in, but as said before the access to the motor is basically impossible.

Once I get some time I'm going to investigate a cure for this. Possibly a access hatch in the under bed storage area. I intend to mount some heavier bed storage struts that actually hold the bed up firmly so I could manually close it and drive the motor home with the bed in the up position.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:04 PM   #8

Well after some investigation (I was a criminal investigator for 15 years) I figured out my problem. When I took it to the shop the slide was closed by a local tech who over rode the system electrically. So the shop tech was trying to figure out what was wrong. We had the mattress rolled up at the head of the bed. He stood on the foot of the bed platform to examine the panel behind the tv. He removed the panel to check all the wireing etc. well, with that slide closed standing, sitting, kneeling on that platform puts a lot of strain on it as it is cantilevered a long way out from the bottom floor platform. He warped something.
It opens and closes smooth enough and I can get nothing to move by lifting it up or down or side to side. But I can see a disassembly of this in my future.

Tags
air, repair