Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed View Post
Did anyone ever come up with a owners solution to this issue? I have a 1993 Terry and the rear window gear box is stripped, but we also cannot figure out how to get the box off the bar!
I'm paying strict attention to this thread........Both windows in our bedroom are stripped. I can somewhat wiggle both and get them to open, but one just won't close. Fortunately, it doesn't flap when we're on the road. I have been to two RV dealers and both said I was out of luck. Checked out an RV window dealer and of course he said both windows would have to be replaced. The cost was significant so we're just dealing with them and being very careful when we open or close them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #16

The OP has a SEGI window and they are not like any mobile home jalousie windows. I had the same problem and could not fiigre out how to fix it. It appears that you must remove the whole window. I would call Fleetwood. They are the worst windows ever built. You can strip that tiny gear very easily. The gerabox is not attached with rivets or screws. JUNK. I siliconed that window shut!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
I'm paying strict attention to this thread........Both windows in our bedroom are stripped. I can somewhat wiggle both and get them to open, but one just won't close. Fortunately, it doesn't flap when we're on the road. I have been to two RV dealers and both said I was out of luck. Checked out an RV window dealer and of course he said both windows would have to be replaced. The cost was significant so we're just dealing with them and being very careful when we open or close them.
I know this is an old thread but I found it yesterday looking for a solution to the same problem. I happened to stumble across the solution by accident after searching in vain on the web.
The crank mechainsim comes out vey easily if you follow the below steps:
1. Take off the crank handle and screws holding the crank mechanisism With the window closed.
2. Firmlly push the window out, this will cause the crank mech to turn downward and pop out of the windo frame slightlly.
3. Grab the crank mech and gentlly pull down bending the square rod (it is very soft alluminium so this is very easy to do.
4. Bend the rod until one of the end caps (arms) pop out of their holder all the time pushing the window outward. The end cap (arms have a small "tit" for lack of a better word holding it into the window frame).
5. Once one end is out slide the square rod off both end caps (arms) and remove the the whole mech from the space.
6. Slid the mech off the square rod.
7. Instlations is the reverse of the process. The only trick part is making sure the square rod is not bent too far that it kinks which will cause problems reinstalling it.

The whole process took me less than 15 minutes to change out. This after suffering with a broken window for 2 years because I could not find a easy solutions and did not want to take the whole window out. LOL
johnkuerbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Thank you. It's never too late for an answer like that. I'll keep this for future reference.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a 2005 Providence with the same issue...just can't figure out how to get the bar out....Any help would be really really appreciated...
Thanks...
mrcandml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #20

Fols: Not all windows are alike. The old fashioned jalousie windows were easily fixed and the gearbox was available at any RV/Mobile home store. FW MH's around 2000 and to at least 2003 had SEGI windows. Very hard to fix and I do not know where you can buy the parts. Try calling FW. A 2005 should have Creative or Creation windows. They are repairable. Try this website for parts

http://www.parkin-acc.com/page2.html
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcandml View Post
We have a 2005 Providence with the same issue...just can't figure out how to get the bar out....Any help would be really really appreciated...
Thanks...
The bar has to bent in order to remove it. It is very soft and pliable. You just have to be careful not to bent too fast as to kink it. I found the best way is to use a prybar and push gently on the window at the same time.
johnkuerbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Kelly Wickha

I am new to forum, but have been reading posts for a while; great info. Researching the common problem of fogged Se-Gi windows & what to do next, etc. My bedroom crank windows in our 2004 Discovery are badly stripped & now flapping while driving. They are definitely Se-Gi windows; info etched on glass. Need to replace torque operators to fix these but can't find any info on Se-Gi hardware & what I can use from the other manufacturers as a substitute. Have seen all the posts regarding how to fix these, but no info on what to use for Se-Gi. They are apparently out of business (good) phone numbers are disconnected & the other folks listed can't help with Se-Gi parts. Has anyone been able to find replacement hardware for these windows?
kellywickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellywickham View Post
I am new to forum, but have been reading posts for a while; great info. Researching the common problem of fogged Se-Gi windows & what to do next, etc. My bedroom crank windows in our 2004 Discovery are badly stripped & now flapping while driving. They are definitely Se-Gi windows; info etched on glass. Need to replace torque operators to fix these but can't find any info on Se-Gi hardware & what I can use from the other manufacturers as a substitute. Have seen all the posts regarding how to fix these, but no info on what to use for Se-Gi. They are apparently out of business (good) phone numbers are disconnected & the other folks listed can't help with Se-Gi parts. Has anyone been able to find replacement hardware for these windows?
Howdy and welcome to iRV2! Have you tried mobile home parts suppliers?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellywickham View Post
... My bedroom crank windows in our 2004 Discovery are badly stripped & now flapping while ...Has anyone been able to find replacement hardware for these windows?
Check these pages:

http://www.ashvillemobilehomes.com/windowhardware.html

http://www.dyersonline.com/hardware/...bs-cranks.html

Anything here look similar?
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote