RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 10:07 PM   #1

Black tank venting inside

2019 Bounder 35K. I have sewer smell and air coming out of the wall that holds the pocket door separating the living area to the bedroom. My fear is the black tank vent pipe has separated from the tank and is venting inside instead of out through the roof. I can’t even find the black tank. Does anyone know where it is or any other reason it would be venting inside?

Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple H View Post
2019 Bounder 35K. I have sewer smell and air coming out of the wall that holds the pocket door separating the living area to the bedroom. My fear is the black tank vent pipe has separated from the tank and is venting inside instead of out through the roof. I can’t even find the black tank. Does anyone know where it is or any other reason it would be venting inside?

Thanks.
air admittance valve under the bathroom sink.
https://www.amazon.com/Oatey-39012-A...07402370&psc=1

Old 11-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
air admittance valve under the bathroom sink.
https://www.amazon.com/Oatey-39012-A...07402370&psc=1
There is no smell coming from the cabinet. If it was an air admittance valve wouldn’t the smell be under the sink?
Old 11-10-2019, 10:55 PM   #4

Does your rig have a black tank flush system. Hose connection in panel somewhere near your fresh water connection. There is a vacuum breaker in the line between the outside connection and the black tank itself. The breaker usually runs up into a wall about two or 3 feet high so that it works correctly. These breakers are known to fail. I had a 2006 Fleetwood excursion. The vacuum breaker failed. I didn’t get a smell but did have a water leak inside a wall when using the black tank flush. Found the breaker In the wall behind the mirror. Others have them under the sink in the bathroom
Rodzent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:16 AM   #5

My Bounder is a 2007 dp so probably not the same but You can contact Fleetwood with your vin number and they will email all your mechanical drawings which will show you where the tanks and drain plumbing is good luck
Old 11-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the vent has "dropped" into or separated from the black tank you may see a change from the roof at the venturi attachment
Volunteers USFWS. 8000 hrs each, 25 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:35 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you have the smell all the time? Or intermittently?

We get a smell intermittently and I believe it occurs only when the black tank is near full with the right wind direction. We leave the half-bath roof vent open and the vent of the black tank is right near the roof vent.
https://www.nomadsumc.org/
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple H View Post
There is no smell coming from the cabinet. If it was an air admittance valve wouldn’t the smell be under the sink?
YEP.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:05 PM   #9

I have a 2019 Southwind 35K. Had similar issue! My vent pipe was never connected to the tank! The vent pipe is in the area of the interior wall near the bedroom slide out... Look above the LP tank by removing the cover near the vacuum-flush and look for the connection. I simply used a rubber type coupling and two hose clamps. Hope this helps.
nomoreosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #10

In my Newmar Baystar Sport the AAV for the gray tank is under the bathroom sink. The black tank flush back flow device is also in the bathroom cabinet but hidden by some drawers. Took me forever and a lot of DW “encouragement” to find it. As mentioned they go bad but also if you somehow introduce debris from the hose it can get stuck in the valve and not form a good deal allowing odors into the bath area.

2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank, vent