Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Blowing Horn

When I push the horn on my steering wheel the air horn blows. I always knew I had regular horns under the hood but no swithes to change. Coming home earlier this year I managed to beep the regular horn. I said to my wife "nice now I know how to just beep the horn instead of air horns" Guess what? I forgot how I did it, can someone tell me how this is done on my coach, as I said no switches involved.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #2

When you remember we will both know.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On my Spartan chassis, there is an air horn toggle switch on the dash.

That bring up the question of why have both?

The only times I use my horns are when I drive in the far right lane, and a four wheeler is merging into my lane without bothering to look over his shoulder and see I was about to run him off the road. In that scenario, I want the loudest noise to put fear into him/her.

The other time is when a passing Semi decides to come back in my lane and has not allowed enough space for both of us.

The chassis horns work when the engine is off, but why would I want to honk when I am parked? My chassis horns activate a fraction of a second before the air horns. It sounds stupid, and I am considering disconnecting them.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #4

Wink 3 times while holding your finger alongside your nose, works for Santa anyway.

Seriously, there must be a switch that activates the air solenoid for the horns vs electric horns. Mine has a switch on the dash, obviously yours doesn't, but there is one somewhere.

Craig, sounds like your switch isn't working properly, it should select either one, never both.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had a Newmar KS coach with a switch to toggle between air and electric horns but never switched it off the air. My present coach only has an air horn. When I use the horn, I have a reason and want it to be loud.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #6

Yeah horn is for the guy that almost hits me pulling over or pulls in front of me and slows down. Both cases I want the air horn. Sometimes it might just cause a problem in their phone conservation...

Tom
Old 05-26-2017, 03:02 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a switch to select twixt air or regular horns. Love the air horn when I want to express my displeasure to another driver.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:29 PM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I have a switch to select twixt air or regular horns. Love the air horn when I want to express my displeasure to another driver.
Evan on my Old 92 I have a rocker on the dash the switches from electric to air- I always leave it on Air- super Loud when I need it .
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote