Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #15
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmanim View Post
Made a lot of repairs to body panels today. Broken screws, had to drill them out and replace with new better screws. Shocking new coach never been on a trip and at least 10 screws replaced. Should have checked when I picked it up. Even found 1 of the bay doors was missing screws in the hinge. All were a torx screw and I have a set of torx wrenches but none fit. Anyone have any ideas?
Try a #2 square head.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2018, 06:46 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmanim View Post
All were a torx screw and I have a set of torx wrenches but none fit. Anyone have any ideas?
Are they 8 pointed? If so, square bits will fit them.
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #17

I think they are 6 but will check. The whole coach is put together with them at least on the outside. The ones I drilled out I used a simple self tapping sheet metal screw that is 10 times stronger than these things. Hard to understand their thinking
Foodmanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:35 AM   #18

I have a 2018 Southwind 36P, also had a screw break off on the rear
fender with about 1000 miles on the coach. Thanks for the info on this forum, I will be checking every bracket on the coach and will carry some spare brackets and screws.
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #19

Nice to hear there is another 2018 southwind 36p owner out there. Would like to share info on repairs and such. I have already fixed a ton of stuff. Easier than taking back to the dealer for every little thing. Do you know there is an app to control your coach lights etc.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:53 AM   #20

Absolutely a cheap and bad design.

If you are talking about the storage door panels, I totally agree with you on how bad they hold up and are assembled. I was replacing screws myself on my 95 Bounder 35U. But, the grooves that the screws are supposed to screw into are stripped. I started examining the panels and decide to add a cedar frame between the panel layers with cutouts for the latches. The frame is inset just a bit to allow for the metal frame to slide into the panel layers. Then used stainless steel screws that went in smoothly into the wood. It works very nicely and feels much more solid. Now I have all the others to do as well. Lol
rd2callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:57 PM   #21

Foodmanim, So far we love our 36P Bought it at the Tampa show and only have 10 nights and 1000 mile on it. The dealer in Tampa (General) let us drive it for 2 weeks then bring it back for repairs if needed. We had 1 fender screw broke, a broken dinette door, and a burnt out led. The factory sent me a new door and I installed it. I checked all other fender screws and all are o.k.,
So far so good, like u I fix most small items myself. I would like to know more about the app. PM me at james681@centurytel.net if you wish. Where are you located ?
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:52 PM   #22

Search precision plex for the app then go to the panel and use arrows to go to wireless and hit center button to search. Open app and it will find the rv. Works really well. I'm on a Florida trip now and have some issues. All my switches stop working on illumna plex system. No power at all. I can control everything from the main panel still. Just go to manual mode on main illumna plex panel. Also generator didn't start when in auto mode while we were on a cruise. Everything in the fridge spoiled. Looks like the generator tried to start but didn't. Gave error code 36 and never tried to start again.

Tags
panel