Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bounder 2017 35K Issues

Have a couple of issues that I would like to know if other 2017 35K owners have
had?

1: cannot adjust TV volume on main TV and Bedroom TV. Volume works fine when watching video on main TV

2: not much heat comes out of rear bathroom in floor duct by bathroom toilet

Was told by service department that Fleetwood is aware of volume issue on Jensen TV's
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #2

We just picked up our 2017 35K and after a 1200 mile trip in snow and 90 degree weather, we agree with the rear bedroom/bathroom heat.

1. We also have a major door rattle and vibration.

2. The loft bed also has a rattle on the driver's side.

3. Any idea on how to stop the cabin lights from coming on when you open the front door?

4. Any idea what the light switch above the front passenger seat is for? (It didn't work for item #3.)
24hourblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:28 PM   #3

The light switch above the passengers area should be for the overhead light over the bunk assuming you have the hide a bed. (lets the bed occupant have control of the light over their head.)
May I suggest you check out this thread it's has a lot of information pertinent to your coach including the rear heat issue.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:41 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club

Lights come on automatically when you open the door and will shut themselves off. There was a post about that and somebody put something around the door so the lights would not detect the door opening if I remember. You may want to search the posts. Can't remember about the light switch as our Bounder has been in the shop a little over two months and don't have it to look at the switch.

Did you have any sound issues Witt the TV. We are not able to adjust the volume at all when watching unless we are watching a video. They say Fleetwood is aware of the problem.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #5

Bounder 2017 35K Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
The light switch above the passengers area should be for the overhead light over the bunk assuming you have the hide a bed. (lets the bed occupant have control of the light over their head.)
May I suggest you check out this thread it's has a lot of information pertinent to your coach including the rear heat issue.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html

That's what I thought but it didn't work for the overhead lights either. When the lights over the loft go on, the indicator light on the switch doesn't illuminate and it won't turn the lights off.

Thanks for the info on the thread.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hourblur View Post
That's what I thought but it didn't work for the overhead lights either. When the lights over the loft go on, the indicator light on the switch doesn't illuminate and it won't turn the lights off.

Thanks for the info on the thread.
There are 2 sets of lights over the driver/passenger area if you have the drop down bunk option (Not sure if they wire these the same way if no bunk option is installed). These lights are controlled by the illumiplex switch in the entry steps on the left as you enter. I think it says Drivers something.
When the bunk is up it controls the lights under the bunk. As you lower the bunk the lights above the bunk are then controlled by that switch. There is an additional switch in the front storage bay that also controls the bunk lights (and I thought it was only when the bunk was down but I am not positive on this) so the person in the bunk has control over those lights.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:21 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To get extra heat to the back bedroom and rear bath, you can install a vent cover in the half bath that can be closed off. Trust me you will want to close the vent in the half bath as it will quickly become about 130 degrees in there when you fire up the furnace. When you block off that vent, you will get slightly better flow to the back of the rig. The vent cover cost me 5 bucks and takes 2 minutes to install.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #8

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8442.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	605.5 KB
ID:	157271
Has Anyone used any of the unattached wires under the hood? I have three open leads labeled, "LED accent headlamp", "to DS-side turn marker" and "fog light."

If someone has used them, can you attach a photo of what you added?
Old 04-05-2017, 02:06 PM   #9

I forgot to mention, the wires are from my 2017 35K.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The temp of the vents blowing in the rear parts of the coach is an issue. For me, the kitchen and bathroom blow piping hot and the bedroom blows about 30 degrees colder. Had it looked at multiple times and was told theres nothing they can do, it's just that those vent lines are so long they lose heat along the way.

I also have the same open plugs in the engine area. I believe they are just stock chassis connections that aren't used. Good luck!
Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They are correct, its a long run to the back of the coach. You could take the drawers out from under your kitchen counter to gain access to the ducts. You could insulate them a bit and that might help. Closing of the one in the half bath on a 35k does help a bunch. I believe the duct to the back is of smaller diameter too so as to raise the velocity of the air I believe.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #12

What about closing off the heater vent in the storage unit.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:55 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Heat and TV

Sounds like there is not a fix from Fleetwood for the heat issue in the 35K. Which is a shame spending all that money. Regarding the TV sound issue. Has any one with the 2017 35K Bounder had sound issues. The main TV when watching a DVD IS PERFECT. When watching the main TV and now the Bedroom TV off the antenna is the issue. The sound comes through the TV speakers and it is a Jensen TV. When I push the remote the TV screen will say Audio Receiver 0.
The dealership says Fleetwood is aware of the problem and trying to find a fix. Don't believe them.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:09 AM   #14

The rear heat issue has been discussed at length in the thread I posted a link to in post number 3. Now that's a looooooooooong thread but I can assure you that if your own a 2017 35k it's worth reading.
Different TV's in a 2017 than a 2016 so can't offer much help there. You have called Fleetwood directly concerning the issue, that has been very productive for me in getting answers? My experience with dealer service departments is that their service leaves a lot to be desired.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder