RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #57
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 17
thanks everyone i have to re think this .. I could just get a smaller trailer and just haul motorcycles. think that would work? LOL I'm an airline pilot i understand weight limits just trying to figure the land stuff out .. i do appreciate the help with this
__________________

flyburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis1golf View Post
When we were at an RV show, the fleetwood rep told us that they were going to open up a service center in Las Vegas soon. Just wondering if it is open yet or if anyone knows if this is really going to happen? Vegas is so much closer and easier for us to get to than Riverside...hope it is going to happen!!


I would be interested in any information on this also?
__________________

__________________
Terry & Alice
2006 Bounder 38L DP
2012 GMC Terrain
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:14 PM   #59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hesperia, CA.
Posts: 6
2006 Bounder slide out box problem

My first time doing this so forgive me if I am doing this wrong. I have a 2006 38n Bounder with a right side slide out bottom box problem. I am not sure if it is an alignment or adjustment issue or if the bottom is separating from the box. I read a Thread back from 2010 that they installed #10 x 1" stainless steel counter sunk screws to pull the bottom back up. Is this the correct repair? I hope my photo got attached.
jozanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
maxjr758's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Icard, NC
Posts: 272
Flyburch check out tandem-tow.com I looked into them, but think that's a bit of overkill, for my two Schwinn Adult 26" tricycles !! !
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:20 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozanne View Post
My first time doing this so forgive me if I am doing this wrong. I have a 2006 38n Bounder with a right side slide out bottom box problem. I am not sure if it is an alignment or adjustment issue or if the bottom is separating from the box. I read a Thread back from 2010 that they installed #10 x 1" stainless steel counter sunk screws to pull the bottom back up. Is this the correct repair? I hope my photo got attached.
jozanne,
Welcome to the forum. You will definitely get a better response if you create a new thread and put something like this in the title "2006 38n Bounder Slide problem". Many users simply look at the title of the thread and only open it if it is something they are interested in or think they can help with.
The current thread you are in is focused on a 2017 Bounder.
There is a "New Thread" icon in the upper left while in the main page for a forum.
Hope this helps and gets your questions resolved regarding your 2006.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:23 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyburch View Post
thanks everyone i have to re think this .. I could just get a smaller trailer and just haul motorcycles. think that would work? LOL I'm an airline pilot i understand weight limits just trying to figure the land stuff out .. i do appreciate the help with this
flyburch,
Yes, most likely. Most importantly, check the weights on the trailer and all the items you want to put in it.
Also it would be a good idea to check the hitch height on the Bounder (it's high) and the ball height on the trailer. Most likely you'll need an adapter. You'll need to consider limitations on that item too.
Much better to be legal and safe.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KY
Posts: 1,415
fly
Something I see quite a bit is a pickup being flat towed with a motorcycle in the bed. It would have to be smaller pickup for weight reasons. I know my Chevy Colorado is flat towable.
__________________
Brenda & AL
2017 Thor Venetian, T42 "Groot"
2017 Chevy Sonic, 2014 KTM 690 Duke
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:43 AM   #64
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 17
thanks, This trailer delima is a good one. LOL
flyburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 44
2017 Bounder 35K Dead Battery

Oh, my...we stored our new RV for 3 weeks and when we went back today to take it out, the battery was totally dead. We made sure that everything was turned off...is there something that we should have done but didn't? We made sure the inverter and generator was off. It was so dead that the steps didn't come out and we couldn't even start the engine. Help please!!
ellis1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:08 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis1golf View Post
Oh, my...we stored our new RV for 3 weeks and when we went back today to take it out, the battery was totally dead. We made sure that everything was turned off...is there something that we should have done but didn't? We made sure the inverter and generator was off. It was so dead that the steps didn't come out and we couldn't even start the engine. Help please!!
Most forget to use the battery disconnect switches. These are the 2 black switches by the door labeled main and aux. This is a must if you are not leaving the rv plugged into shore power and not using it for more than a week. Lots of electronics in there that kills the battery easily in 7-10 days.
Those switches disconnect most everything through a BCC (battery control center).
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:26 AM   #67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Most forget to use the battery disconnect switches. These are the 2 black switches by the door labeled main and aux. This is a must if you are not leaving the rv plugged into shore power and not using it for more than a week. Lots of electronics in there that kills the battery easily in 7-10 days.
Those switches disconnect most everything through a BCC (battery control center).
Thank you so much, computerguy! Even though our walk through was really thorough, I don't remember anything about those switches. Once we get it jumped, how long does it take for the batteries to get recharged? Thank you again for being so prompt! It certainly takes a load off our minds!!
ellis1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:05 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Most forget to use the battery disconnect switches. These are the 2 black switches by the door labeled main and aux. This is a must if you are not leaving the rv plugged into shore power and not using it for more than a week. Lots of electronics in there that kills the battery easily in 7-10 days.
Those switches disconnect most everything through a BCC (battery control center).

Yup, forgot that little step ourselves once... Now we are double and triple checking it lol. We were lucky, the MH was still in our yard, so easy enough to plug in and recharge. Just don't want to repeat that as it's hard on the batteries.

Our last RV was an older 5W - not many toys on that to suck the life out of the battery.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis1golf View Post
Thank you so much, computerguy! Even though our walk through was really thorough, I don't remember anything about those switches. Once we get it jumped, how long does it take for the batteries to get recharged? Thank you again for being so prompt! It certainly takes a load off our minds!!
Which batts the house (aux) or the chassis (main)? Will you plug it into shore power or are you driving it?
To be on the safe side I would do an over night and the next day on shore power. Then the next day I would force an Absorb cycle again to make sure they are charged. I don't recall if thet ME-MR Magnum remote does an equalize cycle. After fully charged I would do an equalize on the house batts. But that's me and I like to take really good care of my batts.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbmrm View Post
Yup, forgot that little step ourselves once... Now we are double and triple checking it lol. We were lucky, the MH was still in our yard, so easy enough to plug in and recharge. Just don't want to repeat that as it's hard on the batteries.

Our last RV was an older 5W - not many toys on that to suck the life out of the battery.
We would love to park it at home but the HOA won't let us. 😩 So we have it stored. Not bad but we didn't catch it until too late.
__________________

ellis1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bounder



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bounder: 2016 Bounder Experience z3406 Fleetwood Owner's Forum 1359 Yesterday 02:17 PM
Bounder: 2017 Fleetwood Bounder Info Deep Water D Fleetwood Owner's Forum 17 02-22-2016 09:42 AM
Bounder: Bounder 36H Bunkhouse - Opinions/Experience? fischerbug Fleetwood Owner's Forum 4 09-17-2014 08:45 PM
Winnebago 35B vs Fleetwood Bounder 36H - Opinions/Experience? fischerbug Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 0 09-15-2014 11:02 PM
Petty Driving Experience - WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!! WWFan Toy Haulers Discussion 18 12-06-2005 06:21 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.