Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2017, 10:21 PM   #43

Bounder: 2017 Bounder Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis1golf View Post
When we picked up the RV, the tv's were all working on local channels in Dallas. We know we need to get dish set up...already have the King Tailgator and 2 wally's included in the RV...but when we got it to Phoenix, we can't get them to work, they keep trying to connect to the Dallas stations! Can anyone help me figure out how to pick up our local stations here? Thanks!

Are you talking about local channels via the "tv" input or local channels on the dish? If it is the first which I believe it is...then you have to go into the tv setup and have it scan for channels any time you move...also make sure you point the antenna in the direction that gets the best signal before doing this. Maybe someone else can chime in on step by step instructions for the Jensen TVs as I mine is a 2016 which is LG TVs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
Are you talking about local channels via the "tv" input or local channels on the dish? If it is the first which I believe it is...then you have to go into the tv setup and have it scan for channels any time you move...also make sure you point the antenna in the direction that gets the best signal before doing this. Maybe someone else can chime in on step by step instructions for the Jensen TVs as I mine is a 2016 which is LG TVs.
Oh my gosh!!! You are awesome! I went out and scanned and all 4 tv's are working great! How silly of me not to think of that. Thank you sooo much. My husband is so happy!!!
ellis1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:19 PM   #45

Toopalms, computer guy
Wife and I have a deal pending on a 35K LX, hoping to hear back tomorrow ! We're trading our Montana Mountaineer 347THT toyhauler, and my F-350 King Ranch! I'll be picking your brains for info, if you don't mind!Click image for larger version

Name:	20170223_080048.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	153185Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_fleetwood_bounder_35k_mnc1348445_1-1.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	153187Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_fleetwood_bounder_35k_mnc1348445_6.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	153188Attachment 1
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:29 AM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
35 K

Hope it works out for you. Just get in contact with any questions, will try to help as much as I can. Still new to all this.

Pete
Old 02-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #47

When we remove it to use the bed, we just place it on the floor (under the bed). It will not extent past the bed.
vtoro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #48

We all need to get together sometime ! At least keep in touch online, as we can help each other figure out things that will surely come up just like you guys did with the TV !
Still negotiating with dealer, on price, and financing details ! I've got two dealerships completing on getting me the best deal on identical, down to the paint, coaches .
Hope it works out!
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:02 AM   #49

TOAD
FWIW
If you check out the cost of setting up a car to flat tow and getting a tow dolly the tow dolly is probably a bit less expensive. With a bit of searching it's pretty easy to find a dolly with electric or surge brakes for about 1200.00. If using the electric brakes you'll need a brake controller about 60.00 for one. If you have a front wheel drive car all you need to do is remember to release the parking brake. Biggest disadvantage on mine is I have to get on my back under the front of the car to connect the safety chains. The tongue weight is negligible with a tow dolly I'ld estimate mine is about 70 lbs. I use an electric brake TowMaster. It's on it's 3rd coach now.
Remember with a car towed on a dolly or 4 down reverse gear essentially disappears. It takes about a foot of rearward travel before the TOAD starts to cock and if you can figure out how to uncock it going backward your a lot cleverer than I am.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #50

From our view, a dolly is a pain. You can't back up with a dolly any better that a four-down toad. And when at the campsite, you have a dolly to find home for.

In 11 years, we have found it necessary to backup lees than a half dozen times. It only takes us a couple of minutes to uncouple, do the re-positioning and then a few minutes to reconnect. Do do the same with a dolly would mean unloading the car from the dolly.

Cost is a one time charge. Inconvenience is every time.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #51

Rev in Las Vegas

When we were at an RV show, the fleetwood rep told us that they were going to open up a service center in Las Vegas soon. Just wondering if it is open yet or if anyone knows if this is really going to happen? Vegas is so much closer and easier for us to get to than Riverside...hope it is going to happen!!
ellis1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:21 AM   #52

Did I say something that suggested that reverse with a Dolly is practical? The point I was trying to make was that with a TOAD 4 down or on a Dolly you better pay attention to where you are going because putting the coach is reverse is not gonna be a viable option if you find yourself in a tight place. I appreciate that connecting to a dolly is more time consuming and difficult that connecting a rig 4 down.
On the other hand there are a lot of cars you can't tow 4 down, I can't think of any car that is Front Wheel Drive that you can't tow with a dolly. Towing a car 4 down will require mechanical modification of the car, attaching points. fuse disconnecting, light wiring pass thru and what my research has led me to believe is the most expensive, a brake system activator for the TOAD.
Another thing I should mention is on a Dolly or 4 down the Toad will take a beating from road debris. It's a bit late for my current TOAD but I'll be putting a rear debris guard on the coach before I replace my current TOAD.
I've never had an issue storing the dolly at a campground, some places have a designated storage area some let you put it on the campsite.
Biggest problem I've had using a dolly is wet weather, connecting the safety chains is gonna get you wet, driving the coach up the built in ramps is slippery and can cause a lot of tire spin. I've put some friction tape on my dolly where the tires hit the ramp when driving on to it and pretty much solved the tire spin issue.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:35 AM   #53

i just bought a 2017 35k too. Im looking at trailers to pull. I see all the 4 down posts, and dolly posts. Why not get a car trailer to pull? I understand having to put the trailer somewhere too. I have some motorcycles i can put back there also and not worry about them getting dinged up. Just wondering this is my first Rv so i have a lot of questions.

Also have a list of small things wrong with the rv already.. LOL bolt and washer fell on my gas foot the other day, can't find where it came from. Ill just hope its nothing important like it held the dash up.
flyburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #54

fly
Pay attention when your on the road as to how many RV are pulling a car trailer. It's probably less than 1%. With a 35K your going to have to be careful with what you tow from a weight standpoint. Any thoughts your hear here about inconvenience are doubled with a trailer, That's 4 wheels you need to tie down, and centering the car on the trailer accurately is essential to control tongue weight. After you've been in a few of the tighter RV parks you'll see why so few RVers use a trailer.
I carry a lightweight bike on a carrier on the back of my coach and connect the tow dolly to the bike carrier that has a pass thru receiver hitch. By using a lightweight bike I can do this and keep the tongue weight on the receiver hitch at quite a bit less than the 500 lbs allowed. There are tow dollies available that have bike racks built in as another option. When RVing I take the 330lb KTM not my 650lb BMW.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #55

yea i figured that it would be difficult. Have to figure it out. I was thinking about a 20 ft trailer but mostly for motorcycles, but if i needed to i could put a small BMW in it.
flyburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyburch View Post
yea i figured that it would be difficult. Have to figure it out. I was thinking about a 20 ft trailer but mostly for motorcycles, but if i needed to i could put a small BMW in it.
The weight of the trailer alone is close to 3000 lbs. A 35K has a GVWR of 22000 lbs and GCWR of 26000 lbs. Sure it may have a 5000 lb hitch but you need to reduce your GV weight pound for pound for every pound you go over 4000 lbs. towing.
Either not going to put much in the trailer or not much in the MH.

Tags
bounder