Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2017, 01:51 AM   #1

Bounder 33C couple questions

We're wondering about the way the passenger's captains chair is mounted in our 2017 33C. If my wife wants to swing the chair around facing the interior of the coach, she has to really struggle to get it past the dog house. Wondering if the chair was mounted too far toward the center or what the problem is. The dealer acted like it wasn't a problem, but it is to us.

Next question. I hate the grey vinyl squares flooring and am itching to replace it with a more wood-like floor. I know lots of you have done this, and Ernie is the pro, but I'd like a recommendation for what type of flooring to use and if it should be glued down to the sub-floor? I've read some bad things about Allure planks separating and leaving gaps, but it looked fairly easy to install. I plan to lay the new floor down only where the current vinyl is in the kitchen, and living room areas. I'll probably (might) leave the vinyl tile in the slide out bedroom and the bathroom. I'll also keep the driver's side slide-out carpet that's under my LazyBoy sofa and the dinette booth.

Recommendation of flooring type and manufacturer appreciated. I'm pretty handy so will try doing the job myself.

Thanks,
David
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2017, 07:25 AM   #2

Spinning the chair in our 2016 35k is a similar hassle!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:37 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Try spinning the chair the other way.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:39 AM   #4

Im not familiar with the inside of bounders so hopefully this will help.

If an arm rest is hitting a wall or stearing wheel they are removable.

Lift the arm rest up, then push it in while moving it backwards, continue moving it down and oull it out

FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:21 AM   #5

Yep, it's a hassle. I have to position it just right (back to front) before I can swing it round. Just good old bad design.
I only replaced the carpet in the BR area (which you probably don't have as the started doing the flooring all the way to the back). FYI, the flooring goes under the cabinets. The rest of it does come up but is a lot of worked to get the glue removed. If not removing it be careful with the additional weight and your OCCC.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
Try spinning the chair the other way.
Wish I could, but that definitely won't work.

thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 12:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Im not familiar with the inside of bounders so hopefully this will help.

If an arm rest is hitting a wall or stearing wheel they are removable.

Lift the arm rest up, then push it in while moving it backwards, continue moving it down and oull it out
It's not hitting the arm, it's hitting the front bottom of the chair (the padded reclining section for your legs).

thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Yep, it's a hassle. I have to position it just right (back to front) before I can swing it round. Just good old bad design.
I only replaced the carpet in the BR area (which you probably don't have as the started doing the flooring all the way to the back). FYI, the flooring goes under the cabinets. The rest of it does come up but is a lot of worked to get the glue removed. If not removing it be careful with the additional weight and your OCCC.
Well, that's a shame the chair position is actually "normal". Was going to get the dealer to move it if it wasn't.

You know what looks really tempting, is the peel and stick stuff I see all over Pinterest. Several Pins showing the RV owner just cleaning the floor really good and then putting down the peel and stick right on top of the old floor. Most said it has lasted for years, a few say it's junk. Kind of like Amazon reviews, it's hard to know for sure.

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2017, 05:16 PM   #9

Like computer guy said I would be concerned with the added weight...you are in a 33c though and I believe they have a little more capacity than my 35k...
Old 08-31-2017, 06:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phochief View Post
We're wondering about the way the passenger's captains chair is mounted in our 2017 33C. If my wife wants to swing the chair around facing the interior of the coach, she has to really struggle to get it past the dog house. Wondering if the chair was mounted too far toward the center or what the problem is. The dealer acted like it wasn't a problem, but it is to us.

Recommendation of flooring type and manufacturer appreciated. I'm pretty handy so will try doing the job myself.

Thanks,
David
2013 33c.

Our chairs take a little work to spin around also. There is not a lot of room and the chair has to be in just the right position at certain spots to get it done.

We are not fans of our floors and we have two cuts in them and have given thought to replacing or something. For now we are just using two small throw rugs from walmart to cover them, thin enough to bring in the slide over them in a pinch. We roll them up and store them on the couch when we are in mobile mode.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #11

capt. chair hitting dog house

Also have the same problem with chair hitting doghouse. Our only solution is to slide the chair all the way back and force it past the doghouse when it contacts. That area of the chair is cushioned and has give as you spin the chair around. Of course this is an unpreferred solution, but seems to be the only one besides turning the chair the other way.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:46 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup, on our 16 33C we have the same challenge. Try making sure it's adjusted as far back as possible and rotate it towards the wall instead of the doghouse. Where our fire extinguisher is mounted, it almost looks like it's going to hit, but it doesn't. You'll have to adjust the belt but that's no issue.
Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I inquired how much our tile weighed when at the factory. 1200#s!
So be very careful if adding more.
Also our ceramic tile is cold and slippery. Shows any dirt. Ya it is beautiful and easy to clean but....
Old 09-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #14

One word of caution on the peel and stick floors is look at the temp specs. We are in upstate NY and one of the brands we looked at said not to use if going below 50 f. Ha, that's about 7 months a year up here.

Tags
bounder