Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #1

Bounder 36H swap couch and dinette?

Can the booth and couch be swapped in a Bounder 36H to give a better viewing angle of the TV? Seems like an odd setup. We'd probably replace couch completely but I didn't know if moving the booth is as simple as unbolting it, moving it, and rebolting it. I'd definitely put the TV on a pivot mount of some type.

My wife and I are planning to buy an RV in the next year or so and are trying to narrow down our choices (there are a lot of them!).

So far, the Bounder 36H and Excursion 35E top are near the top of our list. I prefer the Excursion because of the extra tow capacity but not so much for the price. The Bounder is ideal but would give us a very narrow tow capacity if we want to stay within the rated specs. Maybe the 2017 Bounder line will be on a heavier chassis. Wishful thinking?

We have a lot of work to do. Thanks!
gkurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkurts View Post
Can the booth and couch be swapped in a Bounder 36H to give a better viewing angle of the TV? Seems like an odd setup. We'd probably replace couch completely but I didn't know if moving the booth is as simple as unbolting it, moving it, and rebolting it. I'd definitely put the TV on a pivot mount of some type.

My wife and I are planning to buy an RV in the next year or so and are trying to narrow down our choices (there are a lot of them!).

So far, the Bounder 36H and Excursion 35E top are near the top of our list. I prefer the Excursion because of the extra tow capacity but not so much for the price. The Bounder is ideal but would give us a very narrow tow capacity if we want to stay within the rated specs. Maybe the 2017 Bounder line will be on a heavier chassis. Wishful thinking?

We have a lot of work to do. Thanks!
2017s are out already and no heaver chassis is available so far.

I removed my L sofa and booth dinette. I would so yes they can be swapped. The furniture themselves are held down with relatively small screws. The seat belts on the other hand are pretty beefy. And the corresponding threaded nuts in the floor are large. That will be the biggest challenge if you are putting seat belts back and you might have to fill some carpet holes where the prior bolts went into the floor on the side where the new dinette will go. Also, on mine (35K), I have to deal with an extensive wiring bundle where my sofa used to be. I will need to build the equivalent to a soffit to cover it.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #3

Oh I didn't know that the 2017's were already out. Oh well. If we got with the Bounder, which I'm leaning toward, I can probably just trade my truck in on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and be fine. I'll worry more about that later.

Thanks for the info! I would want to put the seat belts back for my daughter. Actually, I wouldn't be against just removing that area of carpet while the dinette and couch a removed anyway and replacing it with matching flooring. Easier cleaning.

Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkurts View Post
Oh I didn't know that the 2017's were already out. Oh well. If we got with the Bounder, which I'm leaning toward, I can probably just trade my truck in on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and be fine. I'll worry more about that later.

Thanks for the info! I would want to put the seat belts back for my daughter. Actually, I wouldn't be against just removing that area of carpet while the dinette and couch a removed anyway and replacing it with matching flooring. Easier cleaning.

Thanks again!
Agree totally on cleaning. I wish flooring was an option there. I haven't figured it out yet though. The carpet overhangs the gap between the slide floor and main floor when the slide is out. Can't do that with flooring (at least I haven't seen how anyone has done it and do have another thread on it asking for suggestions).
Old 05-20-2016, 11:00 PM   #5

My wife and I were also looking at the Bounder 36H. I too thought that the dinette and couch are in the wrong location for optimal tv viewing. I was also hoping that FW would come to their senses and provide a heavier chassis. Sadly this is not the case so far.

I started shopping again and found Nexus RV. I'm looking at their gas class A. It too comes with the same dinette/couch configuration, but they can swap it at the factory and add a sliding mount. I also inquired about a heavier chassis as standard is 22k just like the bounder...$2500 for a 24k and $5000 for a 26k!!!

Nexus can pretty much build any configuration you want and the prices are reasonable. I optioned out a Maybach the same as a 36H with a 26k chassis for about 140kMSRP. Shame on Fleetwood for increasing prices on the 2017's and not providing a heavier chassis..
hydrocarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrocarbon View Post
My wife and I were also looking at the Bounder 36H. I too thought that the dinette and couch are in the wrong location for optimal tv viewing. I was also hoping that FW would come to their senses and provide a heavier chassis. Sadly this is not the case so far.

I started shopping again and found Nexus RV. I'm looking at their gas class A. It too comes with the same dinette/couch configuration, but they can swap it at the factory and add a sliding mount. I also inquired about a heavier chassis as standard is 22k just like the bounder...$2500 for a 24k and $5000 for a 26k!!!

Nexus can pretty much build any configuration you want and the prices are reasonable. I optioned out a Maybach the same as a 36H with a 26k chassis for about 140kMSRP. Shame on Fleetwood for increasing prices on the 2017's and not providing a heavier chassis..
Wow, that isn't bad at all. I would absolutely pay $5k for the 26k chassis. IMHO it's well worth it. Am going to check them out. Thanks!

Tags
bounder