Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2011, 05:14 AM   #43
Community Administrator

GWCowgill

Welcome to IRV2 and this Bounder thread. This is a new thread for Bounder specific issues.Mine is a 2008 and I haven't had much to contribute as most of my issues have been minor. FW did use electric jacks in 2007 and 2008 and some of have had issues with those but I think we have it figured out for the most part. All I can say is relax and enjoy your Bounder / retirement and when you have any problem, you'll find help here.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #44

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Hi Glen,

Ditto to what Cliff had to say and congratulations on making 70.
Living past 100 and driving at 100mph at 100 is not impossible
You have a 1 year FW warranty and most components have their own
warranties after the initial year of new ownership.
I always make sure I read all manuals and write down the pertinent info
such as warranty period, mfg phone#, coverage and necessary maintenance.
Fleetwood makes very good products and I've put my money where my mouth is!

Steve Bernard
2008 Bounder 35E/Ford
Old 02-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cowgill,

Welcome aboard!! Ditto to the other replies. You will enjoy your Bounder, and this group. The group has been very helpful to me.

Jim
Old 02-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWCowgill View Post
New here in the Bounders Forum and enjoying the posts, My Bounder is a new 36B DP 2009. I reside in warm sunny Florida, Southern Florida (Homestead) that is, I was really looking for inherent problems with Bounders when I discovered this site. I was trying to anticipate problems and trying to recognize and repair before they do become a problem but no matter the site I have visited I have not been able to find common problems which I find amazing compared to other brands. Just got rid of a HR 2008.

I am retired USAF and retired Automotive Technology Instructor from Miami-Dade County Public Schools. I have been RVing since 1972 and camping sine about 1948. I recently realized that I will be 70 this year and I have slowed down a bit but I will go as long as the good Lord allows.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in your forum.
Enjoy the last of your 60's and I'm going to venture just a guess that you can teach us alot about rving since you've been doing it since 1972. There's only a few of us pushers in this group.

I don't know of any inherent problems the 09 Bounder has but you might sign up on the diesel Bounder group on Yahoo for more information.

How do you like the full wall slide? You're a couple feet shorter than me but with more HP...I don't get off the line very quick but I've got good top end speed even going up a grade. I've got about 35000 miles and have averaged 9.2 mpg towing a Toyota Avalon on a Demco dolly. Have you driven enough to get a feel for what the mileage will be early on? BTW, after I turned about 30k my mileage improved. Last year on a 3000 mile trip I got 9.4.

Glad you're here, I was beginning to feel like the red headed step child.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #47

I picked it up from the dealer on Dec 1, spent most of Dec and Jan getting it ready to go like building some shelves in some of the compartments to maximize the use of space and organize things, Waiting for the snow to quit flying up north to get it out and exercise the horses. I Flat tow a Jeep Liberty 4 down and really appreciate the ease of hook up and un-hooking. I am hoping I can get 9+ on it which would be 2 MPG better than I was getting on my Class B+ gasser.

I settled on the 36B because it did have 2 bunk beds for when we took grandchildren with us and because anything longer than 36 would put us in the neighbors yard across the street when backing into the yard. I drove it about 130 miles from the dealer and really love the feel of the unit. We will be leaving sunny south Florida on the 4th of March and headin to Sarasota and then eventually arriving at the Freightliner Chassis owners Club rally in Myrtle Beach. We will be arriving in the Myrtle Beach area early to see some old friends from when we used to live there.

I know on a Dodge truck I had the fuel economy kept getting better with miles eventually hitting it's peak around 80,000 miles. I have always liked the Cummins power plants compared with other diesels. I know when I lived in Thailand I had an Isuzu diesel that I really liked in a small pick up. The Isuzus were under powered but the Cummins seems to be more than adequate. I hope this is the last coach I will ever need or want.

I think you will continue to see improvements in fuel economy.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #48

BTW The full slide is really amazing, sure gives you a lot of extra room. I remeber not too many years ago a full length slide would have been impossible. My 29RKS Carrilite had a really nice slide in it which I really liked. The worst mistake I ever made was listening to my DW who thought downsizing would be better. The Class B+ gave me claustrophobia. This one is like bringing a cabin with you. I really don't know how we got by in our origional TT with me, DW and 4 children.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:47 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWCowgill View Post
. The worst mistake I ever made was listening to my DW

Just as I thought, she doesn't read the forum does she...
Old 02-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #50
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post

Just as I thought, she doesn't read the forum does she...
Just remember Jimmy, even though Judy doesn't read the forum, I have been saving copies of all your remarks to show her in May when we meet.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbprac View Post
Cowgill,

Welcome aboard!! Ditto to the other replies. You will enjoy your Bounder, and this group. The group has been very helpful to me.

Jim
Being retired AF myself, Retired teacher and a ham KG4LHS but not really that active as my hearing is really giving me a fit on the radio, I just enjoy the RVing and the sightseeing and of course the fellowship that the campgrounds usually offer.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We didn't mean to be pushy with our pushers so y'all with gas jump in.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #53
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim
I resemble that remark. LOL

Old 02-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I meant to say y'all with gassers.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cliff...do you understand your new posting options?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #56
Community Administrator

Quote:
Cliff...do you understand your new posting options?
By George ( Jim ) I think I've got it.

Closed Thread

Tags
bounder