Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2016, 03:25 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bounder floor tile dents

I own a 2015 Bounder 35K. The slides have dented the tiled on the floor. I had the dealer replace the tile and Fleetwood provided for installation what they termed "soft rollers". They were actually wider rollers than the original factory rollers. They were white versus black. It didn't make a bit of difference. The tile floor dented again with the weight of the slide. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this. I would like a fix. Dented floor tiles bother me. Poor design bothers me.
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2016, 03:36 PM   #2

I can only offer sympathy, same problem with my 2015 Bounder 33C. Dealers and Fleetwood/REV said there's no solution. Some owners have devised something for the rollers to sit on, such as a tile square, or thin wood, or thin metal. Someone sells such things too.

The GOOD news is, the Bounder floor only gets dents (and black marks in mine), compared with coaches with ceramic tile floors that get CRACKS from the slide sitting on it.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #3

Same on the '16. I am also noticing many scratches on the floor. A majority is near the entrance but they are more throughout.
Anyone else noticing this?
Any contact FW for scratches under warranty?
Old 05-31-2016, 06:59 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entrance ways of motorhomes can take a lot of abuse. We have a rug or mat just inside at the top of the steps and it catches all the little pebbles and dirt that get tracked in. Our floor looks new. Granted ours in sheet vinyl but I would think the new tile holds up even better. As far as the denting is concerned, is it just the tiles or is it the floor underneath? Bounder floors are vacubonded and use white styrofoam in between the aluminum rails which might be compacting and causing your dents. Fleetwood has had issues with the bounder where the subfloor buckles a bit at the joints. I had it happen in mine and fleetwood noted it while it was still under warranty and put it in my file. They told me whenever I get a chance to get it to the factory they would fix it. Unfortunately the coach has been down south for an extended period of time but this fall I should be able to get it there. They told me they would put a layer of luan over it and then replace the vinyl.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:45 AM   #5

Slides denting and scratching the floor is not a issue exclusive to Bounder/Fleetwood. I had a 2010 Tiffin that did the same thing. Tiffin adjusted the slides and replaced the tile one time and then told me there is no solution.
I got some extremely thin cutting boards at Walmart and would tape one of these down whenever I would put the slides in. This stopped the scratching but not the denting. Some time if I didn't get the cutting boards just right they would crumple. Always something, isn't it?
NCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:45 PM   #6

Same problem in our 2015 35K

We'v experienced the same issues and problems. Sigh... We're scheduled to visit the factory (Decatur) to look at some unresolved by the dealer issues, I'll be sure to mention it. All in all, there is so MUCH more I really like about my Bounder then makes me grumpy. I just shrug it off and work around it.

Also, lift the carpet and check the floor rollers for rocks & other items (and cat toys in my case) ;-).
wormfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:47 AM   #7

Same problem here. 2015 Southwind. We've just learned to accept it.
Napabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:53 AM   #8

tile dents

I guess we’re one of the lucky ones. We had floor denting on all rollers. Took it to the dealer, they replaced the rollers, the tile and made adjustments. That was early last year, so far no denting.
2015 Bounder 33c
bulldog620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
We put down thin vinyl table mats in front of the rollers when the slide is half way in then bring the slide all the way in with the rollers on the mats, no more dents since we've been doing this.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:01 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This should not be an issue going forward. Fleetwood engineers were at our dealership yesterday. They were looking at a couple other manufacturers and told me that immediate changes have already started and the floor construction has been changed effective immediately. Have to hand it to Fleetwood for being responsive and making an already great product even better.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:49 AM   #11

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
This should not be an issue going forward. Fleetwood engineers were at our dealership yesterday. They were looking at a couple other manufacturers and told me that immediate changes have already started and the floor construction has been changed effective immediately. Have to hand it to Fleetwood for being responsive and making an already great product even better.
I hope so. They are building mine this week.
aero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #12

They're building mine this week also, it's been a long wait, story was that they ran short on chassis, the coach's being built now are on the f53 2017 chassis, I don't know if there is any difference between it and the late 2016 or not, I would guess not.

Best,
Dave
old iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #13

Heavy duty black plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager35L View Post
I own a 2015 Bounder 35K. The slides have dented the tiled on the floor. I had the dealer replace the tile and Fleetwood provided for installation what they termed "soft rollers". They were actually wider rollers than the original factory rollers. They were white versus black. It didn't make a bit of difference. The tile floor dented again with the weight of the slide. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this. I would like a fix. Dented floor tiles bother me. Poor design bothers me.
My dealer gave me 4 sheets of heavy black plastic that must de designed to put under the rollers. I went into a brand new Dutchstar at the dealer and saw the same black plastic on the living room floor. That's what they should provide for you.
kg6vvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had the exact same issue on my 2016. Composite tile, fleetwoood replaced all the tiles and gave me a set of roller guards. You can call the factory and they will give you the name of the company. They work great and no more dents or black marks. I have the large white rollers too, still happened. The guards are a hard plastic with a felt sticky back so they don't slip. works great and no trouble to put down and take up. My daughter has it down pat and is part of the roll out and roll up for the RV, she has become my RV helper in all travel aspects, knows most the systems and how to operate and what needs to be done when we go out.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder