Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #1

Bounder is dead - is there a reset button that I have missed?

Our 2003 Bounder 37U has been sitting on the jacks in the driveway for a month + while I worked on a few things. One of the projects was to clean a couple of grounds on the engine block, which involved shutting off the battery disconnect switches. I tried to start it yesterday and when I turn the key on I get nothing on the dash - it's totally dead. The batteries are new and show 12.9 - 13+ volts, so that's not the problem. Cycled the disconnect switches several times. Tried the battery bypass switch - nothing. I'm wondering if there is a reset button somewhere that I'm missing. The diagram on the bcc shows a couple of reset buttons near the battery disconnect switches, but I can't find them. It appears that the battery disconnect switches are beneath the motherboard in the bcc where I can't see them. Any ideas?

Ron Everson
Cortez, Colorado
2003 Bounder 37U
2003 Freightliner chassis w/Cummins 300 ISB
Ron Everson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
Community Administrator

The BCC in my 08 Bounder had two 12 volt breakers . The two black reset buttons are at the bottom of this photo.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1501357126.688263.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	170704

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Did you check the battery voltage at the battery posts or the cables? Check them on the cables. Once I had a starting problem, i used jumper cables from the neg battery post to the frame, started right up.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #4

I wonder if you didn't miss a ground wire when you hooked every thing back up! I did it once!
gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Those 12V breakers with the reset buttons are on the house battery side of things, so I doubt that is your problem. You might check BCC fuse-19, however.

Also, check for battery voltage where the chassis battery connects at the side of the BCC. IF battery voltage is reaching the BCC, then it should also be on P-13 (on the same side of the BCC) if the disconnect is really working when toggled ON.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #6

Bounder is dead - is there a reset button that I have missed?

Hmmmm. The steps work, so that means the disconnect is working. Power is not getting to the ignition, so I need to check that.

Ron Everson
Old 07-29-2017, 07:07 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Everson View Post
Hmmmm. The steps work, so that means the disconnect is working. Power is not getting to the ignition, so I need to check that. Ron Everson
If the steps also STOP working when you toggle the disconnect OFF, then I agree with you that that is a valid test.
There is a relay on the BCC circuit board specifically called the "Ignition Relay". If it is not working when the key is ON, then you may have missed re-connecting a small battery wire or it just decided to fail.

If your levelers also receive power when the ignition is ON that would prove that the Ignition relay and the disconnect are both working properly.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #8

It was a battery cable

I got to thinking: one of the 1st projects when I parked it over a month ago was to replace the chassis batteries, which included cleaning cables. I took a close look this morning and realized that I had not reconnected 1 of the 5 cables that attaches to the positive post on battery number 1. I had tucked it up out of the way and then forgot about it. Reconnected it this morning and the Bounder fired right up. I had power to the ignition again. All is well. I hope you all get a chuckle out of this as I did. Thanks.

Ron Everson
Cortez, Colorado
Old 07-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Glad you found it. Thanks for the update.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:21 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Last time I changed the house batteries I used tie wraps to keep all the cables together for each terminal. Lost one cable once behind the batteries and took a while to figure it out.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I had not reconnected 1 of the 5 cables that attaches to the positive post on battery
On mine, I made a 1 ft section of cable. I tied all those battery cables to one end of my new cable, the other end connects to the battery. Now I only have one cable that connects to the positive terminal on the battery.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
On mine, I made a 1 ft section of cable. I tied all those battery cables to one end of my new cable, the other end connects to the battery. Now I only have one cable that connects to the positive terminal on the battery.

Good idea.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:21 AM   #13

old bounder do you still have the trouble shooting info on the older fleetwoods? I found your links on an older post but they no longer work. I have a 93 Fleetwood and chassis battery is not charging and the AUX start solenoid is good. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bounder View Post
Those 12V breakers with the reset buttons are on the house battery side of things, so I doubt that is your problem. You might check BCC fuse-19, however.

Also, check for battery voltage where the chassis battery connects at the side of the BCC. IF battery voltage is reaching the BCC, then it should also be on P-13 (on the same side of the BCC) if the disconnect is really working when toggled ON.
rnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder