Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #1

Am I the only one that thinks the rear jacks on the Bounder in the travel position are to long. It seems I drag or almost drag while on the road way more than I like. Any thoughts on this??

Ted
2007 Bounder 36Z
rajuncajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #2

Bounder Jacks

Am I the only one that thinks the rear jacks on the Bounder in the travel position are to long. It seems I drag or almost drag while on the road way more than I like. Any thoughts on this??

Ted
2007 Bounder 36Z
Old 09-25-2007, 06:47 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What brand jacks? Are you sure you have them retracted all the way?
wilanddij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
My Atwood electric jacks retracted are 7 1/2" off the ground...looked at many other RVs/Mfrs. recently, all had about the same clearance...Haven't scraped them on anything yet...was worried about getting in my driveway to my RV parking space (Class C scraped tow hitch)...no problem with the new Bounder.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 AM   #5

Wil,

Don't know exactly what brand, other than they list as "4 point automatic leveling jacks". I use the retract all and they do retract into the holder. Just seems the holders are longer than they should be, doesn't give much clearance. I've already rubbed them pretty hard, just needed some thoughts from any other Fleetwood owners. Thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 09:17 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If have hydraulic jacks and you see the silver shaft when the jacks are up, put them back down and put some transmisson fluid on a rag or paper towel and clean the sliver shaft from the bottom up, this will get any dirt off that could cause the jacks from fully retacting back up.

2001 Saturn SL2 - Toad
Switchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
CDL

Switchman:
I had the same problem with the jacks on
our '04 Southwind right from when it was new. However, each time I took it back to the dealer everything would work fine, consequently, it took a long time but I was fortunate in that I was able to convince them before my warranty expired that I had a problem. They replaced the springs with heavier (80 lb. I think) ones. I have not had a problem since.
Regards

2004 Southwind 32vs
CDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #8

I have a 2008 Terra LX I believe we have the same brand of jacks....and yes they look like they do hang down to far....The first time I backed into my drive-way they scrapped..the way they are mounted to the frame looks like there's not much that can be done about it
spicolli1864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #9

It just doesn't make sense how far they hang down. They are positioned 25" from back duals and 6 1/2" from the ground. Just this weekend I had to cross a small speed bump, after the back duals cleared, drug the jacks. At this pace I'm sure to bend them good sooner or later!