RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2015, 06:41 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would advise you to replace the tie wrap and silicone the boots on all four. I did the living room slide as well. Never had a issue after these things were done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I have spent sometime wading in that thread, lots of info there. My rig was built March 2008, 3 of the jacks have the new band one has the tie wrap. Mystery, was it built that way, or were 3 repaired? The coach is spotless underneath looks like it was never in the wet.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 08:08 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I would advise you to replace the tie wrap and silicone the boots on all four. I did the living room slide as well. Never had a issue after these things were done.

Yes, definitely in my plans. Will use a screw drive clamp on the odd one and silicon sealing tape on all the boot tops.

https://www.rescuetape.com/

Old 03-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I haven't heard of anyone using that tape. One member sprayed them with that seal spray advertised on TV. All I really know is the silicone in a tube was easy to apply and did the job.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:42 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Don't doubt your word for a minute. However; that is the first switch I tried. The switch illuminates when on, so maybe a burnt bulb. Just knowing that is the correct switch is 80% of the solution.

It was the bulb, single filament #1166, thanks all.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:55 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the update.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:38 AM   #20

Our new to us 07 Discovery had a Norcold that had gone south. Ordered a NEW Amish cooling unit & installed on a Saturday afternoon.
I start having nightmares when I hear the word Vacuflush! LOL Fortunatly, we have ONE bathroom and the toilet is where it should be, directly over the black tank!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
Our new to us 07 Discovery had a Norcold that had gone south. Ordered a NEW Amish cooling unit & installed on a Saturday afternoon.
I start having nightmares when I hear the word Vacuflush! LOL Fortunatly, we have ONE bathroom and the toilet is where it should be, directly over the black tank!
I have been seeing ads on TV for a home electronic toilet. Good Grief, some things should just be left alone. I would gladly give up a basement locker to keep a direct drop toilet.

Tags
bounder, light