RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Brake Light Fuse, Where is it?

I have no brake lights & cruise control won't won't engage. Can someone help me find the Brake Fuse location? It's not listed on my fuse charts.
Brake switch seems to be OK. Turn signas are OK.

05 Pace 36B, W24 chassis.

Thank's,
Pat

FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are but two places that fuse MIGHT be, and I think it is the second one.

First: under the dash, likely near the parking brake pedal is a standard auto type fuse block, I think this one has the turn signal fuse in it. NOT however the brake light fuse and not the 4-way (same fuse) flasher.

Under the "hood" dead center, to the left of the battery control center, is a black box, no marking, like the BCC the cover comes off.. LOOK THERE, full of fuses.

I got lucky.. Found that box the day BEFORE I blew the very same fuse.

I'm also driving an '05 Workhorse by the way.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
There are but two places that fuse MIGHT be, and I think it is the second one.

First: under the dash, likely near the parking brake pedal is a standard auto type fuse block, I think this one has the turn signal fuse in it. NOT however the brake light fuse and not the 4-way (same fuse) flasher.

Under the "hood" dead center, to the left of the battery control center, is a black box, no marking, like the BCC the cover comes off.. LOOK THERE, full of fuses.

I got lucky.. Found that box the day BEFORE I blew the very same fuse.

I'm also driving an '05 Workhorse by the way.

Thank's, I'll look again in just abit. I looked yesterday at the two boxes and at the fuse labels but didn't see anything labeled "brake light." Did your's list "brake light?"
Also, if it's in that box by the battery control does that mean it's a WH chassis install and not the box bullder?
I'm sure I caused this myself resulting from moving my SMI from my 2006 to 2011 Silverado.
Thank's,
Pat
FMCA 212171
Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #4

Pat the Brake lights and the Backup lights are generally on the same fuse. It should be a 15 amp fuse and is supplied from a main bus fuse that is a 30 amp.
The fuse panel is split with two 30 amp fuses the supply an A and B bus. these brake down into all the smaller fused circuits.

Dick.
Airtool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Its listed on page 224 of the owners manual and is lcated on the underhood fuse box.20amp fuse.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I'm still looking. My owner's manual,"Work Horse," is in sections 1 thru 8 and lists the fuses on the two boxes, internal & external of different models. I've tested every fuse in the under the hood box w/lots of fuses. I think I only have only one under hood fuse box ?? Some models W2,W22,W24 talk about abs brake sw and turn signals on same fuse but my turn signals work ok. I keep wondering about my cruise ctl. stoped working also. I think their related somehow.?
I'm missing something, keep the suggestions comming.
Pat
FMCA 212171
Old 01-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Found the fuse, 20A, "STOP/HAZ". . Like you all said , under the hood, fuse box called Fuse-Relay Center on the cover.

I have two boxes under the hood with fuses and relay's and stuff in them. One is apx. 12"x12" and is readily available and is the one I was checking. I then found another apx 4"x5" hidden behind it and with apx 18 fuses and some heavy duty relays and stuff. My manual calls it "External Fuse Box." That's where the bad fuse was.

Now to figure out what caused it. I think it's in the Toad.

Thanks everyone. You kept me in the right area.
Pat

FMCA 212171

Tags
brake, fuse