RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

You should join the American Coach Owners Yahoo Group. Prospective owners are welcome and you can get feedback from owners of current and past models.

We love our 2004 American Tradition and have been to the factory in Decatur a couple times, back when Fleetwood owned it. The coach has been mostly excellent, but we had a flurry of electronics issues around 2008-2009. Once those got resolved (components replaced), it's been pretty solid. As somebody mentioned, I still get the red carpet treatment if I call Customer Service with a question, and can still get many parts direct from Rev as well.

It appears from comments that the Factory Service Center is not as terrific as it used to before Allied/Rev took over. hey combined all their many brands and model into one shop, and AC owners are now part of the herd. I hope that doesn't sound too snobbish, but now the techs have to handle all Fleetwood and Monaco models as well as AC, so they aren't as expert on AC models, and they aren't dealing exclusively with high end customers anymore. Back in the day, Fleetwood treated their AC owners exceptionally well and gave extra care and post-warranty fixes (maybe that contributed to their bankruptcy?), but from what I hear Rev Group seems to be less generous.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #16

We our on only our second trip in our coach but can vouch for the quick and helpful folks in support.
Day after we got the coach home we got a call to schedule service for a recall to fix a wire harness.
On our current trip main slide would not extend so I called and told them I noticed rear lock was not moving for either close or open. They told me where to look and in a couple of min. I got the slide to work. They then called me today to follow up and be sure I had gotten it going. It will get a normal fix when in for the recall in about two weeks. Anyhow my point is I was impressed to get a follow up call to see if I got the slide out!
Now please note our coach was bought off a dealer lot and was about a year old with 3900 miles when we got it new. Also note we bought from closest dealer and only live about an hour from Decatur. So while it was a new coach the dealer had it at a few shows prior to our purchase.
The wiring harness problem is frustrating (I think our button/switch problems are caused by it) but knowing it will soon be fixed is a comfort. I was shocked they allow 40-60 hours to fix/replace the harness.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Always liked American as well and have recently purchased, even though it doesn't say American on it anywhere and uses the name of Fleetwood, who owned American at the time.
These companies change structure and ownership all the time, so a little research is usually needed, so you know what you're getting and which factory it actually came out of.
Had a great little Dodge Colt once, except it wasn't made by Chrysler corp. and pure Mitsubishi in fact, except for the logo.
Reasons for buying this coach and because it was built on the American platform of course, but further......
It has a C9 Cat, my preference and was only available in 05, 06 and 07 (06 engine), along with being the last of the over the road engines, still having a slobber tube. Definitely doesn't require any DEF and long before that vintage.
Side radiator with dual speed fluid drive. (no mechanical connection).
Full body paint, Fiberglas roof, Spartan MM chassis (the firetruck people) and 1 1/2 baths. Interior is real wood, cornian counters and with leather like no other, I've seen in any RV and the list goes on and on.
Does if have some issues? Are there some things, that I would do differently? Of course and they don't make one anywhere, to the contrary.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:18 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We have a 2015 Revolution and love it. Ours is the 42g floor plan and have no major problems since our purchase (other than the dealer-not the coach)!
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #19

REV Group has announced the buying of Renegade motorhomes December 30th. We are in our fourth American Coach and very with all of them.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #20

[QUOTE=Gary RVRoamer;3320262]You should join the American Coach Owners Yahoo Group. Prospective owners are welcome and you can get feedback from owners of current and past models.

Unfortunately this wasn't the case when we were looking & buying our American Dream. We were turned down, my guess is that we didn't own an American coach yet. We already decided on an American & wanted to hear from owners on what to look for & maybe a little help while searching for our coach Thought that was pretty tacky & snobbish. Have heard from others on this forum who also were turned down.
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:34 AM   #21

Every club has restrictions, I see nothing wrong with rules that keeps the integrity of a club. American Coach Owners group means just that, sorry.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Every club has restrictions, I see nothing wrong with rules that keeps the integrity of a club. American Coach Owners group means just that, sorry.
Actually, I responded to a post that stated that if you're looking to buy an American coach you could join the yahoo group for help & answers, which is not the case . No need to be sorry, we got a lot of help & answers to questions from some wonderful people right here!
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #23
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
Actually, I responded to a post that stated that if you're looking to buy an American coach you could join the yahoo group for help & answers, which is not the case . No need to be sorry, we got a lot of help & answers to questions from some wonderful people right here!
I am letting my membership lapse on the Yahoo Group. I have found that group to be more social that help orientated (not that they don't do that, just that the emphases is on the social things, gatherings, rallies)

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:42 PM   #24

[QUOTE=Lisablue85;3409020]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
You should join the American Coach Owners Yahoo Group. Prospective owners are welcome and you can get feedback from owners of current and past models.

Unfortunately this wasn't the case when we were looking & buying our American Dream. We were turned down, my guess is that we didn't own an American coach yet. We already decided on an American & wanted to hear from owners on what to look for & maybe a little help while searching for our coach Thought that was pretty tacky & snobbish. Have heard from others on this forum who also were turned down.
This is a real surprise to me, although I don't really remember the particulars and do belong to more than one yahoo group, even though I have just one coach now. In fact, I just use my yahoo email for accessing and every post including my own, comes into my mailbox. I'm even betting that if I would post/send to another group out of the blue, I would begin to receive some answers and continue to do so, without reprisal. Just guessing on this one, but do know, that I didn't get the third degree, as to what I owned or didn't own when I began participating in these forums.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #25

blind spot info?

Considering various DP coaches. Entegra offers a pretty comprehensive blind spot suite. The fit and finish of the American Eagle sounds excellent, but I have not found very much info on what blind spot safety features are offered on the Eagle. As one who has used this feature for about 5 years on a passenger vehicle, I would want a coach with a good blind spot information system. Anyone with some info on what is offered on the Eagle?
jussayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #26

I just traded my 07 Fleetwood Revolution for a 2017 American Dream 45A.
I loved the new technology, layout, fit and finish on the Dream.
Dealer sold my Rev in 3 days....that was a great coach as well.
csidave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #27
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I went to Hershey this September with my eyes on 4 manufacturers; Tiffin, Nemwar, Entegra and American coach. They all had their plusses and minuses. I was most impressed with AC's revolution line. The floor plan, fir and finish etc was super nice.

I love my Newmar and their CS has been very good, so I would be reluctant to switch to another manufacturer. That's why I am asking your opinions.

Thanks again for all the responses
Buddy, we had 2 Newmars and went to American for the same reason.....thought they looked great....you can see what we drive now....the American line is billed as a High Line coach....not even close to fulfilling that thought
IMO...the look of American is so similar to JUST " PUTTING LIPSTICK ON A PIG...CHUCK

chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote